• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Friend's list: last time online

Would you like a last online indicator for your friend's list

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Rabbit

Private
Proposal:
Indicator for when someone on your friend's list was last online

Reason:
As your friend's list becomes more populated, it becomes difficult to manage it, as there's no direct way of knowing if someone in there is still playing the game

Details:
As your friend's list becomes more populated, it becomes difficult to manage it, as there's no way of knowing if someone in there is still playing the game, and thus aiding you, or has at least been on during the past two weeks. Since there is a limit to the number of and invites you can have, this would allow you to properly manage your friend's list without having to rely on something like "when was the last time they aided you" or "their tavern has open spaces again". Knowing when a friend was last online would allow you to delete those friends that have stopped playing altogether or haven't been on for more than, let's say 2 weeks. This wouldn't have to be a timestamp, something like an RYG semaphore would do: green for online now, yellow for online during the past two weeks, red for online more than two weeks ago, or something to that effect.

Visual Aids:
I'm not good at doing visual aids, sorry.

Balance:
Not applicable

Abuse Prevention:
I see no possible abuse.

Summary:
A more efficient friend's list makes for a more efficient aid process.

Ati2

Legend
Figuring out when someone is online is a tactical element of the game. It's definitely not something that should be given out publicly.

DeletedUser117959

Guild leaders on PC Browser get a yellow or red indicator telling them if a member has been inactive for 2 days or a week, which is what Moderator Emberguard is referring to :). The code for this is already there although not yet for mobile players, but it's still probably on the Dev's 100-page TODO list. As this has been suggested before is it worth pestering them with it again?

Ati2

Legend
Ohh I love receiving those messages to everyone. "Please reply and leave this message if you are active!" ::mad::
You can do it more seamlessly. Send them a GB. People will either donate and leave, or just leave. Some will spam with their own GB. Whoever is still there after a week, you need to check in your events. Done. Without the annoying "leave if you're still active" message. :D

Blue Rabbit

Private
I can't help but think this has come up before.

I read the "Do not suggest" thread and nothing was there regarding this suggestion. I also looked through the open suggestions and saw nothing (admittedly, it was a cursory look, I didn't do an in depth search). Hence why I suggested it.

As for all the other comments on how there already are ways of doing this in game:
- none of them are direct
- none of them are efficient
- I can't see how having an efficient way to clean your friend's list is a tactical element of the game as you can't attack your friends
- Is it worth pestering the Devs? You tell me: there's no list that I could find with the suggestions that are already being considered so...
- Checking your events and/or sending your friends a message is inefficient, cumbersome, time consuming and an hassle when you could have an automated system to do the checking for you. Same system is already in place for Guild Leaders regarding Guild members. While I'm not saying it would be trivial to port it over to the friend's list, it would be easier than writing one from scratch.

Thanks for all the input, though. I always appreciate criticism, positive or otherwise.

Ati2

Legend
- I can't see how having an efficient way to clean your friend's list is a tactical element of the game as you can't attack your friends
Attacking wouldn't be as rewarding as sniping their GBs. :D Doing that at the right time can result in hundreds of more FPs.

DeletedUser111576

This was on my mind for a while but my worry is, if you go on a one month trip for example, when you’re back, everyone has already removed you from their list. It takes time to find those good friends you’ve added.

Perhaps with one amendment I will vote yes for it, that is, If we could have a status like “not available until 1 Jan” then perhaps this idea is useful

Status
Not open for further replies.