• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Friend invites as prizes

DeletedUser102585

Just as the title suggests, friend invites could be offered as prizes during events so that you can invite someone without having to cull your friends list to under 80 to be able to invite again
I would suggest that these invites are not easy to get so as not to cut out newer players from people's friend lists, but there are a few players I would really like to have as a friend in the game

DeletedUser9168

maximum limit of friends would remain the same?
without knowing the details of the original proposal, i would say yes, limit remains the same so that dynamics of the game are not affected, just the ability to send out an invite when you have between 80 and 140 friends on your list.
i would support this idea - in the long run the player would gain no overall benefit over other players, he would just have enabled a specific player to become his friend when neither player has any invites left to send.
EDIT - while i was typing, Higgt4 confirmed total would remain unaffected

DeletedUser105929

I was planning on suggesting kind of a different implementation, but I'll add to this thread as topic is the same:
Proposal:
Add a Amount of Invites you can do per Week/Month regardless of limit (80 friends), 140 limit still applies.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes this Thread.

Reason:
We all have people we interact more/Trade/Swap in a guild and sometimes they move to a different Guild an you lose the link to them.
With Tavern most of us would have to lose 20/30 friends just to invite that friend.

Details:
The Idea is you get x invites that would not look to your current number of friend. Would let you invite new friends up to max of 140.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
The number would have to be low, to prevent people from filling the friends list too fast.
5 Invites per month/1 Per Week would take you over a year to go from 80 to 140.

DeletedUser100065

If the limit of 140 friends stays the same then yes i support the OP idea would make things slightly easier getting people for tavern and the like without unbalancing the system too far.
+1

joesoap

Major-General
i dont mind the idea of getting extra friend invites but i dont want to lose other event prizes to get them, and what happens when the friend list is full & we still get theses invite rewards, they wont be of much use so as proposed -1

DeletedUser10115

I like the idea.
Id like to make a suggestion as well to compliment or go along side this one.
1. Let us see who we have invited. Similar to the troops, with a line through if you have invited them and none if they have requested it from you. This way you can also way up your invites and evaluate who you want to be in your invite list...
Example , Player 1 is in your friends list, but you want to exchange him for player 2 who you believe will be better for you. currently no way of seeing who you invited...
2. 140 i think is a good number. no change required.
3. Dont want it affecting prizes for events atm (Id prefer to use last years valentines quest and get some other needed improvements done.. i.e.. lagging issues, timing issues??? , speed improvements.. ultimately move away from flash.. but thats another by the by issue.

DeletedUser9168

I like the idea.
Id like to make a suggestion as well to compliment or go along side this one.
1. Let us see who we have invited. Similar to the troops, with a line through if you have invited them and none if they have requested it from you. This way you can also way up your invites and evaluate who you want to be in your invite list...
Example , Player 1 is in your friends list, but you want to exchange him for player 2 who you believe will be better for you. currently no way of seeing who you invited...

You misunderstand how the invite system works. Once you have 80 friends on your list, no matter who invited who, you cannot send out any more invites yourself. It is misleading when it says you cannot invite more than 80 friends. After you reach 80 on your list, you can continue to accept invites sent to you until you reach a total of 140 (141 including yourself)

DeletedUser10115

Ok, Maybe it should be changed this way. :)
you have 80 invites, but can get up to 140 if they send you invites?

DeletedUser5637

+1
You have got my vote Higgt4!!!!
It would help greatly for temporary friends for trades or FP swaps (which I need them most for) while keeping the limit at 140.

DeletedUser653

Ok, Maybe it should be changed this way. :)
you have 80 invites, but can get up to 140 if they send you invites?

To my knowledge this is exactly how it works today, a new player can send out 80 invites on day 1 and accept a further 60 invites sent to them. The point to remember (as jampots says above) is once you hit 80 friends then you cannot send out any more invites.

Hence the prize the OP talks about is to be able to issue another invite out when your over 80 friends and below 140 friends. I think a simple idea and because you do not have 80 invites reserved for you I like the idea.
+1

DeletedUser108047

+1
the current status where everyone is asking everyone else to invite them because they have over 80 friends is farcical

The limit on use being a one off prize is a good balance

DeletedUser108379

+1

I had just to kick 60 friends to be able to sent one invite to someone I had exchanged FP with on a regular basis because I changed the guild. And now it looks like it will take a good time to get again so many friends.