• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FP Collecting

peacemaker42

Private
Is not about time, we could collect all FP's at one go, instead of having to stop when we have collected a a hundred, and designate them, I would rather collect all of them and designate them to various threads.. How does anyone else feel about this?

Knight of ICE

Discusssed numerous times and not likely to happen. You can by spending 5 diamonds. If that is to much for you, you will face the 100 fp limit.

notaclueboi

Private
"you will face the 100 fp limit "

I never understood that limit either, other than milking diamonds

While the 5 is not a lot, for me personally it has the opposite effect, where once I get the feeling of being milked for every last cent, I tend to spend less on everything else out of spite. Granted, I have spent hundreds of $ on the game already but doesn't mean I am happy to continue. Yea I know, each to their own sure there you have it

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

While the 5 is not a lot, for me personally it has the opposite effect, where once I get the feeling of being milked for every last cent, I tend to spend less on everything else out of spite. Granted, I have spent hundreds of $ on the game already but doesn't mean I am happy to continue. Yea I know, each to their own sure there you have it
Do all 4 levels of GE every week and you will cover expenses for using the "Collect" all function every day and make profit in addition.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-90.32671/post-209993

There's the link from 5 years ago where FP limits were raised. Read it - it was done because collecting city was a pain in the butt, and now it is again. The game is flooded with FP productions, so the old limit is totally outdated.

Stopping 6 or 7 times to collect your city is painful. It's needed an update on the limit for 1 or 2 years. if there is going to be rampant inflation in the game, limits need to go up with it.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-90.32671/post-209993

There's the link from 5 years ago where FP limits were raised. Read it - it was done because collecting city was a pain in the butt, and now it is again. The game is flooded with FP productions, so the old limit is totally outdated.

Stopping 6 or 7 times to collect your city is painful. It's needed an update on the limit for 1 or 2 years. if there is going to be rampant inflation in the game, limits need to go up with it.
If you use the "Collect all" button while your FPs bar is under 100 you will do it from just one attempt. I started using the "Collect all" button quite some time ago and I find out that Diamond expenses for it are quite inferior to amount of Diamonds you earn like from every week's GE.

Knight of ICE

It was not raised because it became a pain. It was raised because you could get over the limit with just one building. That's not something that is happening at a large scale at the moment.

Burpo

Sergeant

Come on guys (and gals), if you think this game 'milks' diamonds then you are out of touch with the online gaming world.
I wish I could name some of the games I have played where daily spending was a REQUIREMENT unless you were happy to be trashed from day one.
I knew one guy who spent $1000 per day for 30 days straight (yes $30,000 in a month!) in order to be top of a f2p game.

Carry on Inno, you are doing a great job!

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
Come on guys (and gals), if you think this game 'milks' diamonds then you are out of touch with the online gaming world.
I wish I could name some of the games I have played where daily spending was a REQUIREMENT unless you were happy to be trashed from day one.
I knew one guy who spent $1000 per day for 30 days straight (yes $30,000 in a month!) in order to be top of a f2p game.

Carry on Inno, you are doing a great job!
So true, I've playered quite a few like that and your wallet feels it trying too stay alive just.
At least here you don't have too spend and still go far with some time and patience.
If you want to spend more money on the game. Go elsewhere. Inno has a nice one or two that loves sucking up money!!!
Inno will love you. LOL.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
It was not raised because it became a pain. It was raised because you could get over the limit with just one building. That's not something that is happening at a large scale at the moment.
Yes it was raised because collecting was a problem, and players had to stop and spend 3 or 4 times to finish 1 city collection. My AO and Cape make the 100 FP limit off of collecting 1 building. Lots and lots of players have the same - I guess it is debatable what you call large scale, but half of my guild has mentioned problems collecting and finding places to spend in order to keep collecting because of limits, so it's not like it only applies to 1 or 2 odd people.

You obviously didn't go read the thread either, so I'll quote it and link it again:
"As the amount of Forge Points has been rising with more and more buildings that are able to produce them, collecting became a problem because it was necessary to spend some of them during the collection."

This is the exact same issue now and is actually worse than when the limits were raised before; I stop and spend 6 or 7 times during the collection. I really don't understand why even the simplest improvements to quality of life are greeted with disdain and we have to "argue" about whether or not a problem is even a problem. It would be an easy thing to raise or scale the FP collection limits with a player's age, or just raise it to 500 for everybody.

Forwandert

Major-General
500 wouldnt cover everyone or anywhere near.

I just use collect all since it's added to mobile, hasn't cost me anything at any point. Just playing GE and gbg more than covers the cost.

Side issue is how BG reacts to it and it does add a delay if you're using production buildings, seems to think 30 seconds too long on them but I can collect and spend anytime in the next 24hrs if I'm busy and just logged onto collect.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This exact same issue now and is actually worse than when the limits were raised before; I stop and spend 6 or 7 times during the collection. I really don't understand why even the simplest improvements to quality of life are greeted with disdain and we have to "argue" about whether or not a problem is even a problem. It would be an easy thing to raise or scale the FP collection limits with a player's age, or just raise it to 500 for everybody.
Alternately, just spend the 5 diamonds, and collect everything at once, and this 'problem' of yours is immediately resolved. You participate in GE, collect lots of free diamonds, play in gbg and get free diamonds. You can use those diamonds to collect and bypass the 100fp limit - or you can CHOOSE to not pay the 5 diamonds, and keep hitting the limit. You have a choice - obviously you have made your choice - and you (and your guildmates) can live with your choice. You do not like that choice, than CHOOSE the other option.

Knight of ICE

You obviously didn't go read the thread either, so I'll quote it and link it again:
"As the amount of Forge Points has been rising with more and more buildings that are able to produce them, collecting became a problem because it was necessary to spend some of them during the collection."

I read it, did you? The problem was that collecting stopped the fp timer, so that was part of the fix. It wasn't just about the amount.

Spending 5 diamonds did not fix the problem at that time. It does now.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
If the intention was to make the game annoying unless you spend some diamonds, then Inno could have left the limit alone 5 years ago too, because a player could always spend 5 diamonds to "fix" it and collect all. This argument is idiotic, and the limit was raised before precisely because of poor player experience via an avenue of "regular" game play, meaning not requiring a premium diamond fix for something as simple as collecting city.

The FP timer always stops when you go over 10 FP and still does, the change was that the timer does not RESET to a full hour countdown every time you go over 10. It used to be that if you were 1 minute away from getting an FP, you had to wait that minute before collecting anything, otherwise if you collected more than 10 your timer would reset to 59:59 countdown.

The conditions now for the FP limit issues are exactly the same as before, except the FPs involved are higher because everything in the game is inflated many times over how it was the last time the FP collection limit was raised. It's just that Innogames used to give a damn about player experience.

Burpo

Sergeant
Personally, I don't have a problem with the 100 fp limit.
Sure I have to stop 6 or 7 times during collection and find somewhere to put them but it allows me to complete 15 recurring quests.
A 10 fp limit would be much too low.