• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forum Announcement & Features - Feedback

hawknz

Corporal
Please place your feedback below in regards to the Forum Announcement & Feedback topic, full details can be provided here

Forwandert

Major-General
I didnt see a survey but the general feeling of lack of information on features might be because in the last couple of months random new features and changes are being released without any mention. For example I'm on 1.213.17 currently and my diamond page seems to have changed and a new feature added and I cant recall it being announced or mentioned (I may have missed it though)

Screenshot_20210928-195142_Forge of Empires.jpg

Most of the recent design changes have been before the updates that mention them which makes it harder to keep upto date with changes and it gives the general impression that there's a lot of chaos around releases or someones just changing things when they want. It's definately a more recent thing random changes between updates.

Question is how are things being changed before updates if we have to wait for things being released in the updates upto now? or why are they released without being part of any announcement beforehand?

KronikPillow

Sergeant
yes, your annoucements are lacking information because your pushing hidden game updates that are being denied that they ever happened and lied to the public about, like the CF slowdown and the "Guild ID" shenanigans, so how can you improve? well stop doing it for starters

Emberguard

Legend
I think this is worth putting here given it pertains to how announcements are handled:
Raised a ticket and received the same answer. This renders giving feedback useless. Had I known that in advance, I would never leave feedback here or thru support.

My expectation was sth like that:

We have received this feedback on the update (gives a chart indicating percentages etc)
We have passed that onto the dev team on <date_specified>
Dev team evaluated the feedback and decided to take/not take action on <date_specified>

Guess this has been the first and the last time I've given any feedback then.
i just want to be informed that my feedback is received (among others, a short summary of all the feedback received about an issue, no special treatment to my feedback only), have been processed, and a concrete decision is made based on it (giving reasons would even be better at this point), whether be it in accordance with my feedback or against it.

currently i don't know whether it has the slightest effect on the developers since i am receiving no acknowledgment.

Knight of ICE

People please pay attention. This is a topc thread on how to improve the announcements. Not on how to improve the game!

MooingCat

Private
People please pay attention. This is a topc thread on how to improve the announcements. Not on how to improve the game!
How are the posts posted not about announcements and "how to make Forum announcements more engaging"?

1st post: Feature it would be nice to have in announcement
2nd-3rd post: Lack of complete information in changelogs (announcements)
4th post: Want more feedback that our feedback has been received (making the announcements more engaging).

Knight of ICE

How are the posts posted not about announcements and "how to make Forum announcements more engaging"?

1st post: Feature it would be nice to have in announcement
2nd-3rd post: Lack of complete information in changelogs (announcements)
4th post: Want more feedback that our feedback has been received (making the announcements more engaging).

Posts that you see are. Post that I removed were not. Should have mentioned I removed several.

Suggesting new features isn't what is asked for here.

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
More stats, more pointed information up front; not after event is underway. More time before actually putting into game for formal comments about the announcement.
More feedback from the developers on what they have read here and what is worthwhile to review!!