• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Formula to calculate GB reward (1st slot based on GB level)

scibuff

Sergeant
What is the formula to calculate the 1st slot reward of a GB based on the level (and its age score I presume)?

Thank you

Emberguard

Legend
No idea, but now that Inno has changed it so rewards are displayed before anyone contributes you only need to look at the GBs current lvl to find out.

If you only need to find a specific GB you want to know the rewards for you could always check through a GB that's already higher in lvl.

Was there any particular GB + lvl you were looking for?

Shad23

Emperor
a formula to calculate amount of FP's needed to secure a spot would be more usefull now that Inno shows us rewards in our GB's

DeletedUser109475

a formula to calculate amount of FP's needed to secure a spot would be more usefull now that Inno shows us rewards in our GB's

Fifty percent of the outstanding balance is the baseline figure, variables to take into account are the donations made by others and which reward spot is the target.

DeletedUser

Formula if we speak about a full % Arc lvl 80 donation: i.e. 280 x 190% = 532 as you use the calculator.
280 is, in this example, the chest value of your position 190% is what an Arc 80 can donate without actually losing fp’s.
This could also be 280 x 180% = 504 or whatever is common in your guild or among your friends.

If you like to grab a position and you just want to make interest on a neighbor you will need to fill 50% of the 100% left and if that is an interesting deal you can figure via the calculate as above.
Important note is what @Gouls mentioned: make sure you can’t be passed by current donators.
Is the interst worth your time to wait for leveling is also a thing to keep in mind.

Also you can calculate what is already donated and what remains and if possible split that and make your donation nobody can pass you in such case unless there are other donators obviously.

scibuff

Sergeant
Also you could check this page: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Buildings
When you click on a GB there and scroll down there's a list of contribution rewards to lvl. It may be incomplete in areas due to it being whatever info was contributed to the wiki

Thank you, but that's the problem, I'd like the have the data for ALL GBs at least up to level 100. I already have the data for all buildings and all levels from the Wiki, but most are incomplete, many don't have more than 20-30 levels (e.g. DT)

scibuff

Sergeant

That's easy:

FP's to lock a slot = Math.Ceil [ (Total Level Cost) - (Total Current Contributions) + (Contributions in the Slot to Beat) - (Your Contributions) ] / 2

e.g. Cape, current level 64, 1 FPs contributions from the owner:

- total cost: 3,423
- total contributions: 1
- current in slot 1: 0
- your contribution: 0

FP's to lock slot #1 = Math.Ceil[(3,423 - 1 + 0 + 0] / 2 = 1,711

Cambyses II

Sergeant
After spending ages calculating the 1st slot reward for individual GB's (a calculation made redundant by any additional player donations) I spent a lot of time developing a spread sheet on which I can enter promising GB's of interest.
As part of my harvest cycle I update player donations to establish not only 1st but 2nd, 3rd and 4th positions and the number of required donations to secure those spots. It was time well spent as armed with this knowledge I can swoop on a selected GB and secure whichever slot seems most profitable.
Difficulty is choosing the right moment.
Go too quickly and you waste fp's - too slow and another player takes the spot.

vikingraider

Emperor
It depends on how you feel about 'how much is enough' profit I suppose. I used to donate on any Gb I could find to make 1fp profit. Now, if it's less than 20, I probably wont bother. I've enough packs in the inventory now my Arc is level 80+