• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge points

DeletedUser

I was just wondering if it was possible to add more forge points.
For example when you research all techs of a certain period (not including the stone age) you would receive 5 extra spaces to store FP.
Just a suggestion maybe this make it more enjoyable?

DeletedUser276

nah this makes it more tactical. The average person sleeps for 9 hours a day.. works an average of 8 hours a day so really the max most people need is 10 FP.

games about strategy.. where to place and organize buildings... what buildings do you not build... what can you do with 10 FP at a time. Not about making things easy so everyone grows in leaps and bounds ;)

DeletedUser

but if you want to trade you need to spend forge points aswell. Couldn't you add other points like Trade points or something?

DeletedUser276

if you grab trades from other people it costs you a forge point. if you put things on the market it costs you nothing.

DeletedUser

Yes that i know but other people need to spend a forge point aswell making it for some people harder to research stuff. And i don't trade with forge points i put it there i the hope someone will buy it which takes alot of time.

DeletedUser658

The 'only need ten because of sleeping nine hours and working eight' doesn't make sense. Are we expected to be on FOE all the time we aren't asleep or at work? Electricity to run a computer all day is expensive, and then there's meals, and spending time with the family. Not to mention it's not uncommon in the US for someone to have a commute of an hour or more each way - meaning they're stuck away from the comp for more than ten hours. It sounds like you're saying 'What, your life doesn't revolve around our game? Then you deserve to be punished!' This is supposed to be a casual game, not something you spend your every waking hour on like WoW.

It would be more reasonable to keep it at 10 if you had a mobile version. But you don't - I already tested whether I could play on my ipad. If you had a mobile version, people could check during breaks at work, etc, or any time during the day without having to boot up the computer. But without a mobile version, I feel it's only reasonable that it be moved to 12. And switching it to 12 is far easier on your programmers than getting this to work on a mobile device - even with battling/trading disabled, so all they had to worry about was research and collecting/starting producing resources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Max ten forge points is just sooo low. You sleep 9 hours and work for 8 hours? You lose 7 points! Some people don't have the time to check up on their computers before work. After working for months, I get vacation. Do you expect me to control my sleep? No. I am a heavy sleeper in vacation. Not even kids can check up on their account before school and after waking up.

DeletedUser

What i was saying but you cannot convince them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honst - 12 may be better - but not more than that, if you can't log in twice a day, that is the penalty you pay...

DeletedUser

The average person sleeps for 9 hours a day

Lazy people!!!

But I agree, 10 is enough, if you can' log in 2-3 times a day, then you're playing the wrong game.

People do have life and things to attend to, it doesn't mean they should adjust the game to maximize YOUR schedule.

What about those who log in 8 times a day and never lose a single FP? Wouldn't give them less of an advantage?

DeletedUser276

boy alot of you are really going to hate it when you get to the research tree part where you need a ton of resources and your forge points just sit there doing nothing for 3-4 days till you get enough resources of cloth or ebony or something to get to the next set of tier researches. Every game rewards activity and as Hydro said changing a game facet to meet a few peoples desires doesnt make sense.

As for some people dont have time to check the game before going to work.... wake up 5 minutes earlier if its that important to you then shut off your computer till you get back home. Go to bed 5 minutes later... wake up 5 minutes earlier 10 minutes doesnt change very much in the great scheme of things.

DeletedUser891

10 is perfect. I have yet to come near that amount. The game needs to present some sort of challenge.

Reading a lot of these requests, I notice that most are about making it easier. Its supposed to be about making it more efficient. If you have a recommendation, put the reason why it would make the game better- like allowing defenders to play the battles as well.

DeletedUser713

On the actual FOE Media tab the Forge Points bar in the screen shot looks like it holds 20 so this might be something they're looking at maybe?

DeletedUser

I'm willing to bet money they are going to make you pay diamonds to expand your max forge points

DeletedUser276

as far as I have heard forge points are not going to be expanded at all.

geez your pessimistic :D

DeletedUser

Well - you are the blacksmith - if anyone should know something about the forge - its you mate :)
PS: I still think 12 would be better, just so you can have a lazy sleep in on Sundays and not have the wife complain about me getting up for that game!!! :D

DeletedUser1294

if you grab trades from other people it costs you a forge point. if you put things on the market it costs you nothing.

And then I might wonder why no one buys my market offers.
One guy has his offer on the market for about a week despite the fact the ratio is 0.2 lol.