• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: forge points

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

this has to be a bug. the entire time i have played this game i have yet to earn 1 forge point. i dont get any when i log in and dont get any for spending hours on the game. well you now ask i must not be very far along you say. i am about half way thru the iron age. so why is it i dont collect any forge points. also times i get a blank screen when i try to open my research panel. that causes me having to relog the game. this forge system needs to be where you log in for the day. doesnt matter if you log in multiple times a day problem remains almost 3 weeks of playing the game and yet to earn the first forge point.

DeletedUser

You.. What? How did you get to the iron age without any forge points?

DeletedUser

the entire time i have played this game i have yet to earn 1 forge point.
[...]
i am about half way thru the iron age. So why is it i dont collect any forge points.

Hey jab222,

I cannot understand how you can be halfway through the Iron Age without having used any forge points? You need to research and unlock the technologies in order to reach new Ages and make progress, so perhaps you mean something else? Can it be that you are talking about blue prints?

DeletedUser

no i am talking about forge points cant buy anything off of trade system due to no forge points. it requires forge points to make a trade. if your going to make it where research is using forge points then how is it you gain 24 research per day i.e. in 10 increments but logging in enough you can use 24 but then you dont earn enough to do trades? is this a serious error in design of the game. this has to be something that needs to be looked into because you need certain items to unlock what is researched and there is no way to mass produce enough by yourself you must trade. but now your trying to say your limited to your trade because of research in itself and lets not talk about having to use forge points to upgrade your great buildings. this must be a bug. you wouldnt design a game that would basically make you stop researching just to trade to unlock more things to build or upgrading buildings. the blue prints all way to iron age and only gotten 1 blue print which the building takes 9 and i do max polish, motivate and plunder each day. that is another issue altogether. the rate at which they drop needs to be changed because it is nowhere near enough which is another design aspect. i have beta tested over 150 games and i do know what i am talking about and also know where to look for problems.

DeletedUser

no i am talking about forge points cant buy anything off of trade system due to no forge points. it requires forge points to make a trade.

That is true for trades between neighbours and friends. Trading between guild members is free of charge. ;)

if your going to make it where research is using forge points then how is it you gain 24 research per day i.e. in 10 increments but logging in enough you can use 24 but then you dont earn enough to do trades?

The forge point bar accumulates up to 10 forge points which equals 10 hours. This does not mean that you must spend these 10 forge points at once, for one single thing only, e.g. research. You can choose to donate a certain amount of forge points to a technology and the rest you can spend on trading if you are not in a guild.
As for not earning enough to trade -that is up to each player individually - how many trades do you want to accept? 2 or 20?

is this a serious error in design of the game. this has to be something that needs to be looked into because you need certain items to unlock what is researched and there is no way to mass produce enough by yourself you must trade.

Every person has a different style of playing and chooses to focus on different things - some prefer to be as much self-sufficient as possible, others rely heavily on their guild members for the goods they need, which works out well because, once again, guild trades do not cost a single forge point.

but now your trying to say your limited to your trade because of research in itself and lets not talk about having to use forge points to upgrade your great buildings.

I have re-read my post and I don't see where I have said/implied that you must limit yourself to your tech tree. I was merely asking how it was possible for you to not produce a single forge point when you have progressed in the game and are in the Iron Age - for which you need forge points.
Also, you can buy forge points with coins. So, even if your acculumated forge points all go to your tech tree, you can still accept some trades by buying one or more forge points. This is just a suggestion - I am trying to cover all possible scenarios here.

this must be a bug.

How can you maintain that this is a bug, when everybody else is playing the same game and has not once managed to come across this 'bug'?

DeletedUser

Note: Those points you get every hour, to a maximum of 10, and use for research.. Are called Forge Points :)
And if you are in a guild, you dont have to pay one to trade with guild members.

~Mutzena~

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but when your not in a guild of which i am not nor will i join a low level guild due to personal reasons of which i dont care for the drama then there is nowhere near enough forge points to do your research of which is max of 24 a day hence all forge points earned and not even 1 left over to buy anything off of trade system. so what i am being told by you is either i join a guild for free trades and have to deal with drama with a guild or i have to lose being about to research the max a day to buy what i dont have and cant make due to limits imposed upon the game due to space, happiness and having enough people to man the buildings. so yes there is a limit to the system you have in game which forces someone into a guild and cant play solo and i just listed reasons behind it. which means this game cant be played solo it must be played in teams or you are limited to what you can do.

DeletedUser9070

but when your not in a guild of which i am not nor will i join a low level guild due to personal reasons of which i dont care for the drama then there is nowhere near enough forge points to do your research of which is max of 24 a day hence all forge points earned and not even 1 left over to buy anything off of trade system. so what i am being told by you is either i join a guild for free trades and have to deal with drama with a guild or i have to lose being about to research the max a day to buy what i dont have and cant make due to limits imposed upon the game due to space, happiness and having enough people to man the buildings. so yes there is a limit to the system you have in game which forces someone into a guild and cant play solo and i just listed reasons behind it. which means this game cant be played solo it must be played in teams or you are limited to what you can do.

Really? THAT is the incentive to join up a guild, it is your choice and it seems like you've decided not to join a guild, assume and learn to spare a few forge points for trades you need. This system was put in place for added strategy within neighbourhoods, to slow them down in their research, as you are more or less competing with them. If you are not happy another game might be the game for you.

DeletedUser

That is true for trades between neighbours and friends. Trading between guild members is free of charge. ;)

The forge point bar accumulates up to 10 forge points which equals 10 hours. This does not mean that you must spend these 10 forge points at once, for one single thing only, e.g. research. You can choose to donate a certain amount of forge points to a technology and the rest you can spend on trading if you are not in a guild.
As for not earning enough to trade -that is up to each player individually - how many trades do you want to accept? 2 or 20?

Every person has a different style of playing and chooses to focus on different things - some prefer to be as much self-sufficient as possible, others rely heavily on their guild members for the goods they need, which works out well because, once again, guild trades do not cost a single forge point.

I have re-read my post and I don't see where I have said/implied that you must limit yourself to your tech tree. I was merely asking how it was possible for you to not produce a single forge point when you have progressed in the game and are in the Iron Age - for which you need forge points.
Also, you can buy forge points with coins. So, even if your acculumated forge points all go to your tech tree, you can still accept some trades by buying one or more forge points. This is just a suggestion - I am trying to cover all possible scenarios here.

How can you maintain that this is a bug, when everybody else is playing the same game and has not once managed to come across this 'bug'?

i have listed the reasons this is a bug and you marked my post not a bug but it really is. your combining research points for forge points then using them in lab, great buildings and market and you must forego one to satisfy the other. this is a huge coding bug due to research points should be different than forge points which allow trade and building great buildings. then the mod to come make it seem that i am the only one with this issue:

really is this the kind of reponses i get. let me just contact the main company and have the developers answer in person to what i am talking about and not have to deal with a mod that obviously wants to make the person making the statement look like a fool.

DeletedUser

i have listed the reasons this is a bug and you marked my post not a bug but it really is.

First of all, I am not the one who has marked your post as "not a bug". I cannot do that as I am not a moderator for the Bug Report section which you can easily check if you don't believe. Hence, another moderator has done that. Secondly, I guess I have failed to make my point and persuade you, so I will leave it at that. If you think that this is a bug, then you are free to think so. :)

your combining research points for forge points then using them in lab, great buildings and market and you must forego one to satisfy the other.

This is a game with many features and possibilities. A player needs to have a strategy and choose what he wants to achieve first, what comes second etc. I have not come across a game yet where you get everything handed to you and you just have to click here and there and that's it. I certainly would not want to play such a game as it will not offer any challenge and therefore will not feel rewarding playing it. Of course, the forge points are limited, that is a given - but definitely not a bug. A bug is an error that produces an incorrect or unexpected result and this is not the case with the forge points. They were intended to be limited and expensive (if you buy them) in an effort to make players think about how they spend them.

this is a huge coding bug due to research points should be different than forge points which allow trade and building great buildings. then the mod to come make it seem that i am the only one with this issue:
This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. :)

really is this the kind of reponses i get. let me just contact the main company and have the developers answer in person to what i am talking about and not have to deal with a mod that obviously wants to make the person making the statement look like a fool.

I certainly did not intend to make you look like a fool. I will not post any further here in order to prevent this from happening again.

DeletedUser

Forge points are a limited resource. They can be used for many things. But you only get a certain amount of them each day. How you use them is completely up to you. That is part of the strategy of the game.

If you spend them all on research, you will not have any to use for other things. You could just save one or two and use them for trades, but you have decided not to. You could join a guild and do trades without forge point costs, but you have decided not to. You can even produce the other types of goods yourself, or plunder them from neighbors if you want. How you play the game is completely up to you.

It is designed this way and thus not a bug. If you feel the game should work differently, you are free to suggest changes, or have a discussion about game mechanics in the discussion forum.

But this is the bug section and since you have gotten your answer, I will now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.