• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge Points for Goods and Vice Versa

• Thread starter DeletedUser12400
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Forge Points for Goods and vice versa should be prohibited.

Reason: It's a huge loophole in this game. It makes the game easier.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: This restriction significantly make the game more balanced.

Sincerly, OVERTYPE EMPEROR.png

DeletedUser109749

If this will be prohibited than new Guilds will never get chance to fight the big guilds as they can fight Big Guilds only by teamwork, i mean if i have started a guild of 30 players and we all r in LMA than we construct traz with this trade and we have 30 traz, with the help of 30 players we can do something in GvG, without traz it is difficult for a guild t fstly level up and advantage is the big thing, if you have ARC in LMA that means you have adv as compared to a TE Player who doesn't have ARC otherwise the low level player can only be at low level.

Example - there is a Guild named AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE in Jaims, their players went after Traz and now they are ranked 4th in Iron Age GvG Mp with a lot of hexes in their hand , most of them are low levelled and also you can check my Guild The Red Court,most of the Low levelled players have Traz, Through this we get help in GE, GvG so i think this must not be prohibited.

DeletedUser109385

-1 I like it the way it is; I like stuff that makes your life easier!

DeletedUser99692

+ 1 If this was prohibited than you would have to get the great building by actuall doing something other than feeding fps into a GB of someone else. You'd have to trade up goods or you ask your guild to help. Me I am all for hard work and a guild pulling together as a team. It will never happen but well you can dream can't you.

DeletedUser96901

if the game don't want that GB are build to early then there should be the restriction that you must be at least in the age of a GB to build it

DeletedUser100065

+ 1 and nerf the GBs that have profited from this loop hole. You know except for mine :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

i'm curious to know why you think selling fps/goods unbalances the game
Besides mentioned above, it's possible to progress thru ages and even finish the game just by this exchange alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106696

you can just as easily move through the ages without goods buildings if you don't pay FPs for goods. In M I'm PME without having built a goods building beyond iron age (and that's gone for over a year). Instead I have a bunch of wishy wells plus a few oasis and caravanseries (essentially plunder-proof stuff, as I cannot collect on time)
So your idea would impair "young" guilds from getting their Alcatrazzes for GvG while not addressing the problem you are outlining in your previous post.

joesoap

Major-General
there are so many ways to get fps now (options in event production buildings, GE, the amount of SoKs that are available during events, GBs) that its possible to get through tec quicker than you can produce the goods you need so rather than being stuck it makes sense to sell extra fps for goods
selling fps for goods is a useful strategy for players that maybe arent in a guild where they can get everything they need so it just balances players ability to advance, although they still need to get enough fps to buy goods & spend on tecs, in a guild they are getting the goods without giving fps so will still be able to advance quicker so -1

DeletedUser108379

Well, it may make sense to buy goods if you want to build alcatraz or so
but more and more players are starting to buy goods (of higher eras) for getting the goods they need for tech. there will be a serious shortage of goods shortly because nobody does produce them anymore
(for 10 FE era goods you can get more than 1000 EMA good, and in a fair trade guild 1:2 more than 5000.)

So while I think trading FP for goods is problematic I do not see how this rule could be enforced. So at the whole
-1 for this idea.

Vesiger

Monarch
Probably +1... but how would you enforce it? It's not part of the intended game mechanic and takes place by unofficial means as it is.
Would you have all the in-game mods policing goods transactions?

DeletedUser914

An iron age player donating to a high leveled player should be prohibited, but nobody reacts.

this idea goes a step further and prohibits forgepoints/goods trades. As long as players where able to donate to themselves and nobody does something about it, then we cannot talk about prohitibing these trades. Why punish people who give goods back, and don't punish people who only receive?

DeletedUser98451

I don't agree that selling goods for fp is necessarily a bad thing especially as it helps newer players progress at a decent pace, but that said perhaps a rule that required a player to be in or beyond the age of the gb being built would be a good thing, Alcatraz should be the only exception as GvG is impossible without it. The presence of arc and orangery etc in IA cities is frankly ludicrous and surely cannot be said to reflect the developers planning and must be skewing the game in a way that was never intended

DeletedUser109268

Although this makes the game easier, it does it for the old big guild... new guilds would die at the bottom of the food chain even more than they do now.

Hard work? ok but giving up hundreds (maybe thousand ) of fps to get goods it is hard work... if you are a small Iron Age player and you are asked for xxx fps plus you give up goods for the trade... it's not easy life...

Moreover, the guild help? Rarely... greed prevails... not always but it does often. I have seen guildmates profiting... It is a good business for the big guys as well... (hey put xxxx fps into my level xx Arc and you get the goods for your Orangery but the rate is 1.5 goods x fp buddy for AF goods...(which before the AF era part 3 were basically not that useful )...

Question:

how many fps the poor IA player gotta pay for just (for example) 600 A.I. data at such a rate? yes 400 fps..correct... is that an easy work to do?

just my opinion.

so -1

DeletedUser100832

The horse kinda bolted on this one a couple of years ago.

What needs to happen is a re-working of the rewards, to make them much bigger at lower levels and much smaller at higher, so that levelling GB's gets harder and not easier as the level increases.

DeletedUser109268

The horse kinda bolted on this one a couple of years ago.

What needs to happen is a re-working of the rewards, to make them much bigger at lower levels and much smaller at higher, so that levelling GB's gets harder and not easier as the level increases.

I agree but all Arc and Frontenac over level 10 gotta be reset to starting point... yours included ;)

DeletedUser107476

FP for goods is a form of pushing and thus I believe it should not be allowed.
As to guilds that have been brought up.
In guilds I run, we all help each other with goods. That is the point of being in a guild, to keep the game fun and flowing.
Erm and my last guild got on the map taking on a top 5 guild. We had no traz's in guild yet they did and we successfully took sectors and the guild still holds them. That was over a year ago
+1

I do still believe the simpler solution is already implemented with special builds and normal builds in that you cannot gain them above your own era (yes I know there have been exceptions peace sculpture etc have been given in events but I am speaking generally.) The same could be applied to GB's.

DeletedUser15986

Trading goods for FP is fine as far as I'm concerned. The action doesn't directly influence a 3rd party, and provides a benefit to both sides of the trade. FP recipients get to use the accumulated goods from GBs/recurring quests rather than having them sit idle, and FP donators get the goods they need for research/GBs. (With the added bonus that small players can also prevent plundering from bigger players by not actually having Goods Production... but the plunderers will hate that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.