• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge Points 'Bank'

• Thread starter DeletedUser97579
  • Start date

DeletedUser97579

Proposal:

A system to store Forge Points for future use.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Checked through them - can't see something similar

Reason:

There could be times when you have forge points built up but nothing to spend them on. For example:
  • if you have nothing left to research (don't have the resources to unlock previous ones)
  • if nobody in your guild/neighbourhood/friends have any GBs to add to
  • if there are no trades to use the FPs on
then I can see a requirement to be able to store these points up for a future use.

Details:

I can understand the reasons behind keeping the cap at 10 points - to maintain a mix of active players. This wouldn't affect it as you would still need to be an active player to take advantage of the opportunity.

Perhaps a "convert 5 or 10 points into a package button" that then makes that appear in the inventory?

Balance:

No real issues.

Abuse Prevention:

It isn't providing you with any more FPs than you can normally earn - merely a choice as to when you want to return them to the game so that you can spend them.

DeletedUser7719

-1, this will stop other people from donating to GBs when they reach the end of the tech tree. Not only that, but this would definitely fall under the "making the game easier" category

Surge

Brigadier-General
People who ended the ProgEra tree and stocked up on thousands of goods can pretty much blitz through a new released age once it comes out. You'd get people who unlocked every new age tech in just 30 minutes.

So for that, no.

DeletedUser

It seems like it would remove the point of having a 10 FP limit in the first place.

Also you can kinda already do this, though not as effeciently, by simply donating to a Great Building and banking the FP package rewards.

DeletedUser97579

Is it prudent to -1 my own idea after a couple of years of playing? ;)

DeletedUser2989

-1 but mostly because I like the current balance of "FP's you must use now" and "FP's stored for use later".

DeletedUser96901

if someone has nothing to research and no GB (own or other) where he can spend the FP he is playing the game wrong

if you have nothing left to research (don't have the resources to unlock previous ones)
playing wrong: not having goods to unlock is the mistake of the player

if nobody in your guild/neighbourhood/friends have any GBs to add to
playing wrong: search friends and better guild

DeletedUser15432

-1, this will stop other people from donating to GBs when they reach the end of the tech tree. Not only that, but this would definitely fall under the "making the game easier" category

I quite agree with the sentiments expressed here and therefore give this idea a score of -1

DeletedUser

i would like the idea if there were no minuces(as the first post say - the GB problem and the techno tree problem), but i get the point so i will have to vote with -1.Sorry.