• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge point packs

DeletedUser110493

Can we have forge point packs back?
I prefer to use the forge points when I want to use them, not immediately.
And anything above 10 points stops the hourly generation.
Seems like a good way of holding back our progress and mucking up our game plans.
What say you?

DeletedUser96901

Seems like a good way of holding back our progress
actually it speeds up the progress

if you collect them then you don't use the FP = no progress
but if you must use them then you progress faster because you can't wait to use them later

and mucking up our game plans
I never planned with things I didn't have

so how can you plan with FP that you don't have and so you maybe don't win

do you also plan your life with money that you maybe never win ?

could be worse:
a few weeks back it would also reset the hour

DeletedUser109966

I can only imagine Test Ament is speaking as a player with a level gazillion Arc... which means his points are valid, but also coming from a position detached from the hoi polloi...

I also preferred FP packs..

DeletedUser106696

Same here... all fine and dandy if you already played for several years and have a gazillion FP packs ready to pounce on any high level GB, (or get most of the next age researched in one hit...)

But pls keep in mind younger players - they won't have that luxury, and this senseless change means that they won't have a chance catching up either... Inno's argument that they "want to see FPs flow through the system" seems ludicrous: FPs are a free resource. From a commercial perspective it should therefore not make any difference whether a player decides on instant gratification or saving an FP pack for when it actually makes a difference.
... except of course that over the last year more and more of the strategy elements of the game have been eroded, and as a whole we're only inches away from a cross between Farmville and Candycrush saga... anyone doubting this statement should look at the achievements and the kindergarten drawings that came with it :(

actually it speeds up the progress

if you collect them then you don't use the FP = no progress
but if you must use them then you progress faster because you can't wait to use them later

Not if research is on hold and they are waiting on goods production & trades.
And if they go into inventory - they pick when they want to progress forward.

It makes no difference for someone at the top of their game. I would rather have them in inventory, but I'll take them wherever they get put.
I just dump them into a GB.

All forge points obtained from anywhere is progress!

DeletedUser96901

Not if research is on hold and they are waiting on goods production & trades.
then they must be a terrible players

I started in 2012
no guilds or friends
no neighborhood merges
no goods producing event buildings (like wishing wells)
no great buildings to get goods from
(so not even goods for FP trades where possible to use the goods in research)

oh wait: NO repeatable quests either. after doing all regular quests there were no quest to do
so not even doing nonbirthday quests the whole day to get hundreds of goods

and I NEVER had research on hold because of missing goods
because I had good planing and in terrible times even produced unboosted goods because no neighbor to trade with (and as said: guilds and friends not available in the game at that time)

so if someone is locked in research with so many ways to get goods then for me he is a terrible player

DeletedUser109148

hen they must be a terrible players

I started in 2012
no guilds or friends
no neighborhood merges
no goods producing event buildings (like wishing wells)
no great buildings to get goods from
(so not even goods for FP trades where possible to use the goods in research)

oh wait: NO repeatable quests either. after doing all regular quests there were no quest to do
so not even doing nonbirthday quests the whole day to get hundreds of goods

and I NEVER had research on hold because of missing goods
because I had good planing and in terrible times even produced unboosted goods because no neighbor to trade with (and as said: guilds and friends not available in the game at that time)

so if someone is locked in research with so many ways to get goods then for me he is a terrible player

Test Ament, the point of Challin's post is that they believe holding FP packs in their inventory allows them to use strategy to dictate when they would like to boost either in the tech tree or level a GB. Going straight into the bar no longer allows this.

I don't think their point was for you to add in two posts that do nothing but announce how great you believe you are at the game. Well done bud, congrats - is that what you are after? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If you're tech locked you can always invest in guild or friend's GBs.

DeletedUser103223

We all know that getting the 100 FP's from GE is good, better yet would be 100 fp's in Packs that could be used at a more strategic time. Yes free FP's are great but going back to the original point. It would be even better if they were put into Packs for later use.

Now all bow down to the greatest that is Testament.....

DeletedUser96901

what if you want to unlock a tech that requires 10 fps, do you wait 10hours? - I may use a 10fp pack - thus SAVING 10 hours.
That's 1 example where fp packs SPEEDS UP things.
really ?

if you had used the 10 FP from the bar earlier (because they didn't went to inventory) then you didn't have to wait 10 hours because they would already be in the tech tree
so actually you don't win any time :lol:

btw: you need 10 FP ?
make a few nonbirthday parties ;)

DeletedUser5180

Geez, free forge points are great EVEN in the fp bank....

Just see it as a freebie and use the little creatures straight away and be grateful instead of whining that it's not good enough.

Tech tree, your own gbs, other players gbs, trade em for goods.... use one of these options and be glad you didn't get a few measly
coins or supplies that you'll
never spend as you have millions already.

Rant over

DeletedUser109966

Geez, free forge points are great EVEN in the fp bank....

Just see it as a freebie and use the little creatures straight away and be grateful instead of whining that it's not good enough.

Tech tree, your own gbs, other players gbs, trade em for goods.... use one of these options and be glad you didn't get a few measly
coins or supplies that you'll
never spend as you have millions already.

Rant over

I personally don't feel it's whining to post comments stating our opinion that the recent change from an established previous norm has the effect of removing flexibility from our game play and (inadvertently?) is advantageous to players with high level Arcs... to then say we should be grateful is bizarre...

To me, it appears quite obvious the problem INNO have got themselves into... the Arc is way too overpowered at high levels... it has completely destroyed the value of one resource (medals) and the imbalance to the game that the huge number of FP packs they generate are clearly the final goal, so it seems to me that FP packs from GB's are the inevitable next step (once we meekly accept this change).... INNO are fantastic creative designers, but error prone mathematicians...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
This is the quote from the update
We replaced Forge Point Packages with direct Forge Points in Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages.
Thats it Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages

They only changed 2 ways to get FPs from packs to now going directly into FP bar
All the other ways we received FPs have not changed
But if everyone still wants to argue about it go ahead its quite entertaining

I still get all my FPs the same as before the update
The 1's I collect from my GBs along with the 1's from SoK plus the 1's from GE that always went directly to FP bar still do
The FPs I get from GB donations and quests still go directly to inventory as FP packs
I never buy premium packages and I never can remember about the TH since they removed the green tick

DeletedUser110433

Well this new FP system brakes my usual playing style, that consists of saving up huge amount of FPs and then blowing them in one go.
For example i did PME in under 20 minutes by simply dropping FP packs (yes i had goods for this as well). Did it just to get an awesome time stamp in other people news section - started two eras in 20 minute interval :D
Another use was saving up all extra FPs, and giving them out for x-mas, in 6 weeks managed savings of 1,6k so was able to make plenty of 20`s and 50`s gifts.
Now the point is that with all this i think i have the right for braging that i don`t like new system? Since the number of people that have problem with this is so small, it is basic evolution - adjust or get extinct. If you think i adjusted, go and look at my city....

DeletedUser5180

This is the quote from the update
We replaced Forge Point Packages with direct Forge Points in Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages.
Thats it Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages

They only changed 2 ways to get FPs from packs to now going directly into FP bar
All the other ways we received FPs have not changed
But if everyone still wants to argue about it go ahead its quite entertaining

I still get all my FPs the same as before the update
The 1's I collect from my GBs along with the 1's from SoK plus the 1's from GE that always went directly to FP bar still do
The FPs I get from GB donations and quests still go directly to inventory as FP packs
I never buy premium packages and I never can remember about the TH since they removed the green tick

Agree 100%

I'm sure you'll (like Testament) will remember when the max fps available was 24 per day..

I used to work 12 hour shifts with an hour and a half travel each way so collected my fps in the morning and then 15 hrs later collected the 10 from my fp bar meaning every day I'd miss out on at least 5 fps, yet I managed to make a half decent attempt at progressing through the game without fp rewards from GE / gbs / TH / SoK's / WW etc etc
and if I got 5 fps as a quest reward here and there it felt like my birthday lol

Newer players can now progress far far quicker than the original players ever could yet they (newer players) complain that the (original / older players) are getting some sort of benefit from a change in a
small minority of ways that fps get distributed

I can't see the logic in it

DeletedUser109966

It wasn't so hard in the old days.... GB's and Guilds were out before the first Xmas... Hoods were static and no-one was using goods for anything but research (no GvG or GE to suck goods out of the game) so it certainly wasn't difficult to acquire them... there were only a few era's, Attack GB's gave 50%, Infiltrate cost only a few pennies no matter what era you were in.... it was such a simple, kids game at that time that it was advertised on Nickelodeon or some similar channel, which is where I first saw it with my 9 year old.... to pretend it was so difficult requires a very selective memory...

No-one is saying they can't progress without FP packs... just that they prefered the FP's as packs.... and newer players win a very low value amount of packs from GB's and one consequence of this change is that it does give an (even greater) advantage to high level Arc Players over them...

BTW... I'm not attacking or demeaning the achievements of any older players... anyone with an advanced city has nothing but my respect as I know how much time and effort it takes to acquire it... it's just that I'm wary about this particular change as there really was no need for it unless the end game was to move all FP's to the bar... and bye bye GB and quest FP packs... and that I really wouldn't like....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

It wasn't so hard in the old days.... GB's and Guilds were out before the first Xmas... Hoods were static and no-one was using goods for anything but research (no GvG or GE to suck goods out of the game) so it certainly wasn't difficult to acquire them... there were only a few era's, Attack GB's gave 50%, Infiltrate cost only a few pennies no matter what era you were in.... it was such a simple, kids game at that time that it was advertised on Nickelodeon or some similar channel, which is where I first saw it with my 9 year old.... to pretend it was so difficult requires a very selective memory...

No-one is saying they can't progress without FP packs... just that they prefered the FP's as packs.... and newer players win a very low value amount of packs from GB's and one consequence of this change is that it does give an (even greater) advantage to high level Arc Players over them...

BTW... I'm not attacking or demeaning the achievements of any older players... anyone with an advanced city has nothing but my respect as I know how much time and effort it takes to acquire it... it's just that I'm wary about this particular change as there really was no need for it unless the end game was to move all FP's to the bar... and bye bye GB and quest FP packs... and that I really wouldn't like....

I wasn't attempting to suggest it was hard or 'so difficult'. My point was that players have far more opportunities to acquire fps nowadays thus can advance far quicker in the game

DeletedUser110397

Can we have forge point packs back?
I prefer to use the forge points when I want to use them, not immediately.
Seems like a good way of holding back our progress and mucking up our game plans.
What say you?

I agree with Challin that Forge Point packages are much more use that getting 10 in the bar and having to use them or the flow of Forge Points stops.
I think someone mentioned about putting them in his Guilds Bank. That's ok for those that belong to Guilds. There is no place for me to bank my Forge Points until I decide how to spend them, I am forced to spend them, I can't even hide them under my mattress.
Please if you are going to stay without Forge Point Packages at least provide somewhere so the we are not Forced to spend them. Packages in the Inventory also help those of us that cannot find trading for the goods that we need, to then be able to use the saved Forge Points in the Inventory to buy the goods when gaining Provinces on the world map or for starting Great Buildings.
Please either return the Forge Point Packages or a least give us somewhere to bank them, Not Many players can afford to Spend real money to buy Diamonds to buy Forge Points. All through history people have been able to save their money either by burying it, stuffing it in a mattress or putting it in a bank. Now we don't have any of those options.
It needs to be changed back to Packages or to give each of us a personal bank to save up our Forge Points.

Vesiger

Monarch
I agree with Challin that Forge Point packages are much more use that getting 10 in the bar and having to use them or the flow of Forge Points stops.
I think someone mentioned about putting them in his Guilds Bank. That's ok for those that belong to Guilds.
I'm afraid there aren't any Guild Banks... (the 'fp bank' being referred to was the actual display bar).
And this change was a deliberate policy move by Innogames to make it harder for players to hoard large numbers of FP, so I suspect it's unlikely to be reversed, alas.

DeletedUser106696

I wasn't attempting to suggest it was hard or 'so difficult'. My point was that players have far more opportunities to acquire fps nowadays thus can advance far quicker in the game

Only trouble is, today's "young" players do not compete on yesteryears playing field... for example, if they want a decent spot on a GB they need to compete using **today's** game play ... the fact that in times long gone there were less FPs around doesn't really help with that.

Next time your central heating gives up the ghost you probably want it fixed rather than hear the service guy reminiscing about the good old days when we were all living in caves with an open fire in the middle :P