• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge of War - new game idea

DeletedUser110327

Proposal: A new game based on the existing Forge of Empire game engine. This is just a basic overview. If anyone thinks it's a good idea, details would be discussed.

Details:

Rank promotions instead of age advances. The game is played in one age, with rank promotions the goal rather than age advances.

Instead of guilds, each player would be a lord with his own kingdom.

Buildings would require to be staffed by those who joined their kingdom. The more players in a building, the more it produces Rank promotion would increase the available seats to work in buildings by one.

Each player who joined a kingdom would increase that player's game points, or power towards their next promotion. If players left his kingdom, his power would go down accordingly.

Ranks could be from serfs to kings and queens.

Not only would the lord of a kingdom benefit from having players in his kingdom, but those players would also gain daily benefits from that kingdom, which would increase with their lord's rank promotions. Thus players would also have the option to leave one player and join a stronger player for better benefits.

For example to illustrate buildings. A coin producing building could be called The Mint, and on starting the game has places for 3 other players, and produces X coins in 24 hours. If a Lord only has one person in his building, it will only produce a third of its potential every 24 hours. If a player is promoted to the next rank, his Mint would now have places for 4 other players, and would therefore produce more coins.

There could be two supplies buildings, a stone mason and a timber yard, each with 3 places available to begin with, which increases by one place for every rank promotion.

The stronger the players in a kingdom's buildings, the more it would produce.

Now here's the thing. This would be a war game and other players could attack your city and take a player from you and hold them captive, putting them to work in one of their buildings, thus increasing their production and adding power towards their next promotion.

Other buildings would include defensive fortifications, such as city walls, towers, and buildings that produced military units with which to man your defences. Buildings to produce armour and weapons to better equip your military would be required.

Captive players could be released by a lord of the kingdom in which they are held captive, say on payment of a ransom, or voluntarily, should he wish. The captive could also break out if held against their will, or be rescued by the lord from which he was stolen.

To take a captive, a player would require to break through a cities defences and defeat the defending armies. On a successful attack, they would choose a building and a player somewhere in that kingdom and attempt to take them captive. If the player selected is not in the building selected, they fail to take a captive. Only if they choose a player and the correct building in which he is put to work would result in a successful capture of a captive. If someone had 10 buildings, that would mean a 1-10 chance of a successful raid.

Abuse Prevention:

Only 1 account per IP address.

Only 1 captive could be taken from a city in any 24 hour period.

Players would require to acknowledge this was a war game and would have to tick a box stating they understand that it's a war game and they could be taken captive and held against their will in a kingdom where they do not wish to be. They can either break out, be rescued, or negotiate with the lord of that kingdom for their release.

As the game would be about having other players in your kingdom to achieve rank promotions, every player would need to have their own personalised avatar, thus making the acquisition of other players for rank promotion the entire purpose of the game.

DeletedUser113110

Proposal: A new game based on the existing Forge of Empire game engine. This is just a basic overview. If anyone thinks it's a good idea, details would be discussed.

Details:

Rank promotions instead of age advances. The game is played in one age, with rank promotions the goal rather than age advances.

Instead of guilds, each player would be a lord with his own kingdom.

Buildings would require to be staffed by those who joined their kingdom. The more players in a building, the more it produces Rank promotion would increase the available seats to work in buildings by one.

Each player who joined a kingdom would increase that player's game points, or power towards their next promotion. If players left his kingdom, his power would go down accordingly.

Ranks could be from serfs to kings and queens.

Not only would the lord of a kingdom benefit from having players in his kingdom, but those players would also gain daily benefits from that kingdom, which would increase with their lord's rank promotions. Thus players would also have the option to leave one player and join a stronger player for better benefits.

For example to illustrate buildings. A coin producing building could be called The Mint, and on starting the game has places for 3 other players, and produces X coins in 24 hours. If a Lord only has one person in his building, it will only produce a third of its potential every 24 hours. If a player is promoted to the next rank, his Mint would now have places for 4 other players, and would therefore produce more coins.

There could be two supplies buildings, a stone mason and a timber yard, each with 3 places available to begin with, which increases by one place for every rank promotion.

The stronger the players in a kingdom's buildings, the more it would produce.

Now here's the thing. This would be a war game and other players could attack your city and take a player from you and hold them captive, putting them to work in one of their buildings, thus increasing their production and adding power towards their next promotion.

Other buildings would include defensive fortifications, such as city walls, towers, and buildings that produced military units with which to man your defences. Buildings to produce armour and weapons to better equip your military would be required.

Captive players could be released by a lord of the kingdom in which they are held captive, say on payment of a ransom, or voluntarily, should he wish. The captive could also break out if held against their will, or be rescued by the lord from which he was stolen.

To take a captive, a player would require to break through a cities defences and defeat the defending armies. On a successful attack, they would choose a building and a player somewhere in that kingdom and attempt to take them captive. If the player selected is not in the building selected, they fail to take a captive. Only if they choose a player and the correct building in which he is put to work would result in a successful capture of a captive. If someone had 10 buildings, that would mean a 1-10 chance of a successful raid.

Abuse Prevention:

Only 1 account per IP address.

Only 1 captive could be taken from a city in any 24 hour period.

Players would require to acknowledge this was a war game and would have to tick a box stating they understand that it's a war game and they could be taken captive and held against their will in a kingdom where they do not wish to be. They can either break out, be rescued, or negotiate with the lord of that kingdom for their release.

As the game would be about having other players in your kingdom to achieve rank promotions, every player would need to have their own personalised avatar, thus making the acquisition of other players for rank promotion the entire purpose of the game.
No. FoE stays what it is, no drastic changes please. -1. This would essentially change FoE into some other games out there.

Agent327

Overlord
Why on earth would you want to discuss a new game here that has nothing to do with FoE???

Go write Inno!

DeletedUser110327

I did try to approach Inno, but hit a brick wall, and all I got was 'post it in the forums'.

DeletedUser110327

Mate, do you actually play this game, or do you just hang around the forum because you like the sound of your own voice?

Agent327

Overlord
Mate, do you actually play this game, or do you just hang around the forum because you like the sound of your own voice?

Why would I want to play the game? I am waiting for someone to come up with a much better new game. Maybe you can also come up with a Sim City like idea based on the same engine, or a merchant game.

DeletedUser99692

Its not part of the support teams role to vet Ideas that are proposed for the game. We request that Ideas be published here on the forum so that you, the players, can discuss them and give them your support. Those, that you the community support, are then forwarded to the attention of the development teams.

Speaking only as a player my vote is -1 this would be a war game only not something I am interested in.

DeletedUser110327

Yes you're right Twomsuk, but it was through the moderators that I tried to find some way to send this idea to Inno, and it was a moderator who told me that wasn't possible and to just put it here in the forums. Mind you, that was a long time ago. I don't want to waste anyone's time. Can you give me a link to where I can forward this idea? Might be good to delete this thread as well -G

DeletedUser99692

As my list of contacts are restricted to in game only I will make inquiries to see if I can get a contact to direct you to.

DeletedUser110327

Thanks A, for taking the time to find me a link. I guess you probably wade through a ton of junk every day, so thanks for your patience.