• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge of Empires: Worst Experience with MMORPG in a Decade

cyllan

Corporal
I've started playing about 4-5 months ago, worked up my city to about 340,000+ points.... and now I'm about to give up.

The reason is the conclusion that this is one of poorest-organised games in the 'world' of MMORPGs I've ever experienced. At least it's a game the owner of which is favourising its 'high-ballers', and which can't care less about new players.

For days already, members of my guild (none of us has more than 340,000 points) are not only attacked, but plundered by a player with 2+ million points. Please, do not explain me about 'rules' and 'collections': I know the rules of this game, and - at least until yesterday - I used to be a very active player, collecting de-facto 'whole day' (except when sleeping, of course).

Indeed, have acquired that 'Galata Tower' and worked it up to level 5. It's entirely useless, and protecting my city from nothing at all (or at least 'so well', that I'm plundered at least once a day, always by the same player with 2+ million points).

Well, I can understand that Inno is a commercial enterprise that has to earn money and make profit. But, sorry, but after this experience alone: no way.

Atop of this, during the latest Guild Battlegrounds, our guild - in which none of us has more than 340,000 points (and we all together have about 600,000 points) - was pitted against (clockwise):

- 1 guild with 6 members, each with 1-2 million points
- 1 guild with a member with 10 million points
- 1 guild with a member with 12 million points
- 1 guild with a member with 55 million points
- 1 guild with two members with more than 6 million points
- 1 guild with 13 members, including 6 with more than 1 million points each.

OK, I understand the guilds are pitted against each other by something like (to keep this simple) their 'recent activity' etc. But, this was still not all.

On the contrary: the provincces we've been given to conquer were yielding the least victory points in comparison to those in front of other guilds, Our first was 60 points, while others had provinces with 67-70+ points. Our second was yielding 73 points: those of others 101+. Our third (which we didn't manage to conquer before it was overrun by one of opponents) was about to yield 145 points; those of the others 170+....

By side that I'm working as analyst, and thus analysing systems and recognizing patterns is my profession, but: I'm not dumb. I know (and respect) the rules, I accept that stronger players are stronger, and can defeat my 'defending army' and plunder my city. But, to be forced into enduring this for days without an end....? Or be pitted against simply impossible odds? For what? There are limits of what is bearable, and when these limits are reached, it's pointless to continue playing.

I've played lots of MMORPGs over the last 10 years. Really, not once did I experience this much favourising of 'high-ballers' - not even in the case of games owned by companies in... say, 'specific countries of Eastern Europe'. In every other game there were still ways to at least work myself around the problem and keep on 'grinding'. Not in this game: unless one pays, nothing happens, no defences work, no protection works, one is just has ever bigger obstacles put in his/her way. The experience is so bad, I see no point in playing even one day longer any more.

Thanks for your attention and have fun with seal-clubbing....

this is a mobile game, this is not an MMORPG, and a exceedingly mediocre at that, they hook you with "this is civilisation" but it is just endless levelling of buildings, on a static screen, i only play cos i spent a lot of real money on it...."sunking cost falacy"...surely...

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
this is a mobile game, this is not an MMORPG, and a exceedingly mediocre at that, they hook you with "this is civilisation" but it is just endless levelling of buildings, on a static screen, i only play cos i spent a lot of real money on it...."sunking cost falacy"...surely...
Not a mobile game. Computer/browser game that was adapted for use on mobile, as a way to get into the revenue stream from the mobile segment of the market.