• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser6974

Thanks for your feedback. Comments are always read, and I try to respond to specific individual peices of feedback as best I can. The feedback so far here is much the same, so I'll respond collectively :)

Expansions as a reward for quests etc. as far as I know, isn't something currently being considered, however, I'll articulate this request (as I have in the past). In terms of people feeling frustrated due to lack of space, not all buildings are for all people. We want players to be able to place them, for aesthetics or otherwise, but there are limitations on how much space we can give people without fundamentally changing the way the game mechanics work. We have the store building functionality so players can store their special buildings, and make room for new ones. We understand not everyone will be happy with this, but I tend to feel its a good middle ground.

Thanks.
how about making the event useful for the players and give them a choice off a pop-up menu for what the prize will be after spending hundreds and hundreds of footballs to make the touchdown?? as it is now, for my next "reward" i have to go all the way down the field for a reward of 50 Forge Points...are you joking?? i get 50 FP's off one GB each day! please, give a choice, dont dictate to your cutomers what the one and only prize will be.

DeletedUser100832

Here's my calculation. I figured that we are interested in the best chance to get 6 upgrades - we don't really care about more, and we really want to avoid it being less.

With 3675 footballs, here are the expected yards and the expected no. of upgrades one can get if one spends everything on the upgrades. Also I include the standard deviation for the latter.

E(yards) E(upgrades) sigma(upgrades)
red 60 - 61, 6.1, 2.32
red 100 - 162, 3.6, 1.8
red 85 - 194, 4.3, 1.95
red 90 - 183, 2.85, 1.99
red 150 - 208, 1.71, 1.26
blue 80 - 114, 6.89, 2.42
blue 65 - 141,5.65, 2.25
blue 135 - 176,5.44, 2.09
blue 120 - 199, 3.06,1.64
blue 210 - 148, 2.62, 1.49

So, given an average amount of luck, this is how many upgrades you will get:

red 60 - 7.1
red 100 - 5.6
red 85 - 6.3
red 90 - 4.85
red 150 - 3.71
blue 80 - 7.89
blue 65 - 6.65 (but just a few yards short of another upgrade)
blue 135 - 6.44
blue 120 - 5.06
blue 210 - 4.62 (but just 2 yards short of another upgrade)

So assuming average luck you are bound to find a cooler that will get you there. What about bad luck, suppose you are a full standard deviation below expected:

red 60 - 4.8
red 100 - 3.8
red 85 - 4.35
red 90 - 2.9
red 150 - 2.45
blue 80 - 5.9
blue 65 - 4.4 (but just a few yards short of another upgrade)
blue 135 - 3.35
blue 120 - 3.82
blue 210 - 3.13 (but just 2 yards short of another upgrade)

There, you pretty much fail with everything, although blue 80 comes damn close.

DeletedUser110797

The odds of getting 6 upgrades (without spending diamonds) are so looooooong I've decided this is a 2-year event.
I'll get as far as I can this year and get to the 6th upgrade next year. In the meantime a level 4 or 5 PoH will produce more coins, supplies, medals, goods and FPs combined, on a 3x3 grid, than anything of similar size in my EMA citys.

BamBamIsGod

Private
Well my view. This event is not as exciting as the soccer event used to be. No interaction with other players (see who gets the goal and wins all the cups). It just seems to be complelting quests, building up a stock of footballs and waiting for the right special prize (pillar upgrade) to turn up. Best play seems to be, play for the cooler rewards and don't bother with touch-downs.

Emberguard

Legend
Without doubt this has to be the worst event in the four years i've been playing. 22 quests completed in 7 cities and after using a total of 9660 footballs i hit the daily special 4 times. As there are only 18 quests left it will not be worth the time spent to participate further, clearly we are in a pay to win situation so i for one have decided to pass, thanks but no thanks

Ouch. I've only spent 650 footballs on a single world so far to get the wishing well and hit DS twice. Were you optimising the % for the cooler with the DS or just hitting any?

Double335

Private
This may have been asked before but does anyone know what happens with the "extra" yards when you score a touchdown. So if you are two yards away from a touchdown and get a cooler with 8 yards - what happens to the "extra" six. Does it get added to the start of your next touchdown? Or are they just forfeited and you start at the same point as if you chose a cooler with 2 yards?

DeletedUser

This may have been asked before but does anyone know what happens with the "extra" yards when you score a touchdown. So if you are two yards away from a touchdown and get a cooler with 8 yards - what happens to the "extra" six. Does it get added to the start of your next touchdown? Or are they just forfeited and you start at the same point as if you chose a cooler with 2 yards?
It just happened to me today. Any extra yards get added to the next touchdown.

DeletedUser100832

The odds of getting 6 upgrades (without spending diamonds) are so looooooong I've decided this is a 2-year event.
I'll get as far as I can this year and get to the 6th upgrade next year. In the meantime a level 4 or 5 PoH will produce more coins, supplies, medals, goods and FPs combined, on a 3x3 grid, than anything of similar size in my EMA citys.

not really. If you use the blue 80 cooler, you have good odds.

Dead-Eye

General
I managed to get 4 using about 2000 footballs. I used mostly the cheap coolers with fp and medals. Got a bunch of them too. Not bad.

DeletedUser112171

OK guys Today we have the Pillar upgrade Daily reward... I gave over 1200 footballs + Diamonds and 20 euro to get it buttt guess what happened? NOTHING I even paid for that, you know... Yesterday tried to get a new SoK with 600 footballs ofc no success I have tried whatever coolers you could think about...
Nice way to throw my 20 euro from the window. I have done that with the previous event too. Do you think I would give any cent in this game again? nah...

Effy the Red

Private
Forge Bowl, WORST event ever in 5+ years playing. 3 days quests to get a prize that knocks 5 mins of build times???? plus plus plus several other POOR prizes, Sooooooooo glad I am not wasting actual cash on this!

DeletedUser110797

not really. If you use the blue 80 cooler, you have good odds.

Yep, I've used the blue 80 whenever it has been available. The odds are good but they haven't helped me. I've completed 37/40 quests and am at level 4 in each of 3 citys. I'll reach level 5 when I complete the 40th quest but I won't have enough footballs to make level 6 even if it is a DS on the last day. So as I said previously, i'll get to level 7 next year if INNO bother to run it again.

LadyHecate

Major-General
are the pillar and the pillar upgrade coming as daily prize again or no?
Probably!
The PoH Upgrade appeared twice during the Beta event so I anticipate seeing it once more. I also recall the Lvl 1 PoH finishing the event so that it was on for more than 24hrs the second time it appeared.

Vesiger

Monarch
OK guys Today we have the Pillar upgrade Daily reward... I gave over 1200 footballs + Diamonds and 20 euro to get it buttt guess what happened? NOTHING
I spent 1400 diamonds and didn't get it.
But not being a compulsive gambler, I managed to stop before I ran out of diamonds...

DeletedUser14881

So... FoE unofficial wiki is a very dedicated community, listing data about several details of the game, and there is a list of Daily Special rewards of this Event as well. Thing is there is saying the Pillar of Heroes Upgrade was available on January, 31st for the first (and only) time, but I log in the game every single day (and check the Daily Special, of course) and it didn't show at all.

Now, I know the wiki may be wrong, of course, it's unofficial, but I doubt since it's been very accurate so far, but sh*t happens but... I've been accumulating Balls so far in an attempt to gather all upgrades needed to max out but it seems I won't be able to use very nice building of an Event. Again! >:(

Any word about this?