• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hello players,

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Forge Bowl event. You can check out the full details here. We hope you enjoy this event, and all it's rewards!

Thanks

Richard & Team

DeletedUser14881

Another event with new buildings to build but WHERE? Would you be so kind to give us some free (or some to earn without diamonds) expansions so we can put them in our cities!
Yeah... this game is getting too difficult outside the plundering "comfort zone" (let me quote that...)

OF goods needs refined goods which need unrefined ones. No matter your stocks, someday they'll run out and you'll have to build 3 buildings to have one good. Then, tech tree keeps asking goods from AF as well, which means even more buildings PLUS the houses to have workers for all of them.

On top of that, huge GBs and military buildings — since Continent Sectors are ridiculously expensive to Negotiate you will need them — and GE as well.

So many beautiful buildings and even more coming I bet and we just don't have where to put them. And I have a lot of Diamond and Medals Expansion (which is costing 520k the next one).

Ah! And supplies buildings! Somehow I managed to burn 100kk of supplies O_O

DeletedUser4453

Another event with new buildings to build but WHERE? Would you be so kind to give us some free (or some to earn without diamonds) expansions so we can put them in our cities!

Yeah, why not a quest with an expansion as reward, some explorer like Columbus, Vasco da Gama or Cook who discover lands and we receive an expansion in the end...
Could be a nice historical questline..

Also it would be nice to react to post as these, what good is a forum otherwise...:?

DeletedUser4727

Thanks for your feedback. Comments are always read, and I try to respond to specific individual peices of feedback as best I can. The feedback so far here is much the same, so I'll respond collectively :)

Expansions as a reward for quests etc. as far as I know, isn't something currently being considered, however, I'll articulate this request (as I have in the past). In terms of people feeling frustrated due to lack of space, not all buildings are for all people. We want players to be able to place them, for aesthetics or otherwise, but there are limitations on how much space we can give people without fundamentally changing the way the game mechanics work. We have the store building functionality so players can store their special buildings, and make room for new ones. We understand not everyone will be happy with this, but I tend to feel its a good middle ground.

Thanks.

LadyHecate

Major-General
The only building from the event worth building is the PoH! You just need to work out your event tactics in order to maximise your PoH Upgrades in order to upgrade it to level 7 at which point it is more effective at FP-production than a SoK.

Agent327

Overlord
Expansions as a reward for quests etc. as far as I know, isn't something currently being considered, however, I'll articulate this request (as I have in the past). In terms of people feeling frustrated due to lack of space, not all buildings are for all people. We want players to be able to place them, for aesthetics or otherwise, but there are limitations on how much space we can give people without fundamentally changing the way the game mechanics work. We have the store building functionality so players can store their special buildings, and make room for new ones. We understand not everyone will be happy with this, but I tend to feel its a good middle ground.

I can understand your comments, but the way the game mechanics work were already fundamentally changed when they started to introduce more events and historical questlines. We get more and more buildings, we get bigger buildings, we even get sets of buildings, but the number of expansions has remaind the same all along. The store building functionality is in my eyes a rather lame excuse. Sure we can now store a building, but we are not playing Sim City. I am not looking for a winter city at this time of year which I can change to a summer city when summer comes. I am looking for a city that is functional. Besides that, may I remind you of the fact that FoE has introduced the buildingsets. You don't store those with a single store building.

LadyHecate

Major-General
but the number of expansions has remaind the same all along
Not quite true! Even if camping in an Era and on the Campaign Map, each new Era update at least brings with it a Victory Expansion available to all for medals.
Besides that, may I remind you of the fact that FoE has introduced the buildingsets. You don't store those with a single store building.
Sets are either valuable (CherryGarden/SummerPalace) and shouldn't be stored or worthless (RoyalGarden/WinterVillage) and never built in the first place!
Per my previous post, the only ForgeBowl building worth building is the 3x3 PoH which, if upgraded to maximum efficiency, is worth replacing any other buildings currently in a city including SoKs.

Agent327

Overlord
Not quite true! Even if camping in an Era and on the Campaign Map, each new Era update at least brings with it a Victory Expansion available to all for medals.

That has always been the case, so that the number of expansions has remained the same is true.

Sets are either valuable (CherryGarden/SummerPalace) and shouldn't be stored or worthless (RoyalGarden/WinterVillage) and never built in the first place!
Per my previous post, the only ForgeBowl building worth building is the 3x3 PoH which, if upgraded to maximum efficiency, is worth replacing any other buildings currently in a city including SoKs.

Not quite true!

Just your opinion. Winter Village can be valuable in the right setup and the Royal Garden can replace a tigerrock and two SoK's, which is rather useful if you are having problems getting your SoK's motivated.

Where I agree with you that the only ForgeBowl building worth building is the 3x3 PoH it isn't just as black and white as you make it look. It will be very hard to bring it to level 7 unless you are willing to spend diamonds ofcourse. In the proces of doing so you will win the otheer buildings anyhow, so you might as well use them to replace similar buildings with less value.

LadyHecate

Major-General
It will be very hard to bring it to level 7 unless you are willing to spend diamonds ofcourse.
True, but xivarmy has posted a very good strategic analysis on the ForgeBowl Feedback Forum on Beta for gaining the required six PoH Upgrades without Diamond use. Most players will get the two Upgrades from the questline and a further two from TouchDowns. With strategic event gameplay, you should also be able to get the final two from either a further TouchDown and/or Daily Specials.

DeletedUser96901

That has always been the case, so that the number of expansions has remained the same is true.
it is still wrong

every few month there are more expansions

I still remember when the 6000 medals expansions was the last

so players get more more and more space
those who don't get them are called age sitters :lol:

but I also wish I had more space:
I only have 146 SoK, 13 Terrace Farms and 8 Palace sets in my city
and still 7 more Terrace Farms in my inventory

LadyHecate

Major-General
those who don't get them are called age sitters
Even those that camp in an Age/Era can still get the new Victory Expansions released with each new Era release; they just won't have access to the Era-specific Diamond Expansions or those from the Tech Tree. It's then up to them whether they progress the Campaign Map to gain the latter Era Campaign Map expansions.

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Thanks for your feedback. Comments are always read, and I try to respond to specific individual peices of feedback as best I can. The feedback so far here is much the same, so I'll respond collectively :)

Thanks.

All people are your players! They have even chances to get new event buildings, or they don't? You should better say that pay to win players are more welcomed than the other ones. As for game mechanics you made almost impossible to arrange the city for regular players. To get city working as it should one have to have all kind of buildings plus decorations and at the same time keep battling GBs, keep GBs which provides additional incomes and bunch of building sets with the space which is smaller and smaller for buildings which are bigger and bigger. Btw two lane streets take lots of space and modern buildings demands them in order to be built. Store building is only good when you have to make some space when arranging the city. Why someone should keep some special building in his inventory knowing that he wouldn't be able to use it in the near future? I have a lots of special and non special buildings in my inventory and when I'm gonna use the I really don't know. And there is a problem with GBs. You spent time, effort and lots of FPs for some GB to level it up and now you have to tear it down in order to build some new GB which would give you the same income amount after a while. What to do in such case? All of those problems and dilemmas are due to the lack of space. Plain and simple.

DeletedUser112

I believe that by now the cities are too big. space is the same for everyone, you have to be good at choosing what to build. I too have full inventory and I can not put everything, but for everything you have to make a choice

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
You can check how much expansions you can get from tech tree in each era. In modern ones there is only ONE expansion in the tech tree and every new building in the tech tree is bigger and bigger. Diamond expansions and victory expansions are more and more expensive. At the moment I have to pay 400 K medals for victory expansion and 800 diamonds for diamond expansion.

dimondus

Captain
Yeah, why not a quest with an expansion as reward, some explorer like Columbus, Vasco da Gama or Cook who discover lands and we receive an expansion in the end...
Could be a nice historical questline..

Also it would be nice to react to post as these, what good is a forum otherwise...:?
Totally would do that one