• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser107348

Are we going to be able to find footballs laying around near the trees, or can we only get them through quests or purchases? If we can find them near the trees we will stand a better chance of actually getting the different buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

The only building from the event worth building is the PoH! You just need to work out your event tactics in order to maximise your PoH Upgrades in order to upgrade it to level 7 at which point it is more effective at FP-production than a SoK.

and would you like to explain any tactic which allows me to get to L7 without spending large numbers of diamonds?? Please i would love to know to know your tactics you refer to, maybe L5 but L7?
plus winners plaza looks ok if you are a attacking player

Agent327

Overlord
That is like saying SoK or Black tower are useless.

They are when you have to many. Something you may find out in a couple of years.

Unless if player is guildless/in dead guild, or has awful friends for aiding, pillar will only in those cases be unmotivated. Besides, that would give some use to all of those motivation kits in inventory.

Which makes it NOT the greatest building Inno made, but gives it the possibility to be.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Any reason why we have Forge Bowl icons on our screens 4 days before kickoff?
The same feature appeared on Beta! It stops those over-keen players repeatedly asking when an event is going to start on a particular day.
Are we going to beable to find footballs laying around near the trees, or can we only fet them through quests or purchases?
No! But I recall a "free" daily quest appearing during the Beta event granting a player 35 footballs every day if they collected it.
and would you like to explain any tactic which allows me to get to L7 without spending large numbers of diamonds?? Please i would love to know to know your tactics you refer to, maybe L5 but L7?
If you read the Beta post from iavarmy that I refer to in an earlier post it gives two or three strategies for gaining a level 7 PoH without having to resort to Diamond use.

DeletedUser111589

They are when you have to many. Something you may find out in a couple of years.

Which makes it NOT the greatest building Inno made, but gives it the possibility to be.

Tell me one good building that is good without being polished/motivated. GB aren't counted.

If you say wishing well, the randomness makes it bad. Or similar buildings.

Terrace farm can be plundered.

Tribal square and all buildings like it don't give goods without being motivated.

Flaw, flaw, flaw!!! And all are held in high regards.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I think a decent 'balance' between daily special % *AND* touchdown ability, when aiming purely for a Lv7 PoH's will be to;
1. wait for the day/s when the upgrade item is the daily special (duh!)
2. aim for the 80 -> 65 football Blue coolers + the 85 ->100 -> 90 football Orange coolers, with your priority being to aim for Orange vs. Blue when given the chance.

You get 2 upgrades via the quest line itself, and 2 can be had easy'ish via touchdowns. (just avoid anything that gives less than 4 yards min)
If you save everything up and don't spend at all until the upgrade item is the daily, then hopefully, outside of insanely awful luck, you should be able to bag the required 2 remaining upgrades.

Obviously, any footballs you might have left over once/if you get the 2x daily special upgrades, can then be spent going for the best yardage coolers, thus making it easier to gain more touchdowns.

Note: this all theory from following the beta test of the event, AND, assuming 0 diamond usage is the goal!
Obviously things will get *really* gakked up if we get the upgrade item too early in the event... or if a player can't keep up with the quest line, wants other rewards + Lv7 PoH's, etc...

Agent327

Overlord
Can be plundered if not motivated, 3x3 residential building which helps attackers meaning farmers don't have a need for it. Try again.

Why? I don't care about farmers and even care less about a few coins being plundered. Besides that, if I ever get plundered (which is rather funny) the Speakers Corner is not likely to be the target.

The pillar of heroes can be plundered as well when not motivated, so why should I come up with a building that can never be plundered?

DeletedUser111589

@Agent327 not caring about farmers is not valid excuse. Pillar is usable by both kinds of players with equal value.

I didn't say you should find unplunderable building, although that would be one of prerequisites of being perfect. My point is that every building has its flaw and Pillar is closest building yet to perfection.

So I say, try again.

Agent327

Overlord
@Agent327 not caring about farmers is not valid excuse. Pillar is usable by both kinds of players with equal value.

Is it? How much attackbonus does it give?

I didn't say you should find unplunderable building
Then why is your objection the building I suggest can be plundered? Does that mean you come up with everything that suits you, so you can justify you are right in your eyes?

although that would be one of prerequisites of being perfect.
So would be if it does not need motivation.

My point is that every building has its flaw and Pillar is closest building yet to perfection.]

No it isn't. Many GB's are better, but those are also excluded just to make you look right in your eyes.

So I say, try again.

Checkmate square

DeletedUser111589

Is it? How much attackbonus does it give?

Then why is your objection the building I suggest can be plundered? Does that mean you come up with everything that suits you, so you can justify you are right in your eyes?

So would be if it does not need motivation.

No it isn't. Many GB's are better, but those are also excluded just to make you look right in your eyes.

Checkmate square

Do farmers need attack bonus? They don't. So don't take it into equation. Besides, how many FP, goods, supplies and medals does speakers corner produce or checkmate square?

Because being plunderable is a flaw. It does suit me. I do agree that coins aren't needed a lot and that the building probably won't ever be plundered because no one needs coins that much.

prerequisite -thing that is required as a prior condition for something else to happen or exist. And I said one of prerequisites not only prerequisite.

Pillar and speakers corner aren't GB, they are special buildings. They don't fit into same category. That's why you can't compare them.

Checkmate square is same thing just a different package.

Agent327

Overlord
Do farmers need attack bonus? They don't. So don't take it into equation. Besides, how many FP, goods, supplies and medals does speakers corner produce or checkmate square?

Do fighters need goods. Do they need medals? Do they need supplies? Do they need fp's? They don't. So don't take it into equation.

Because being plunderable is a flaw. It does suit me. I do agree that coins aren't needed a lot and that the building probably won't ever be plundered because no one needs coins that much.

Needing to be motivated is a flaw as well. It does suit me. I do agree that a motivated building is a betterr building, but I don't need it.

Pillar and speakers corner aren't GB, they are special buildings. They don't fit into same category. That's why you can't compare them.

You are talking about the best building Inno ever made, so you can compare them. You make a rather unthought of statement and then start toning it down by eliminating type of buildings.

DeletedUser16112

I really dislike that the coolers are going to be available randomly. Knowing what is the best choice doesn't help if it's not available. It's random chance to get a random chance to get what you want. The RNG is annoying as it is, no need to double the annoyance.

I have mentally prepared myself to accept a single PoH of level 4-5 and zero daily specials.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks! Certain posts in this thread have been deleted or edited because they were spreading false information about the upcoming Forge Bowl event, in response to a genuine question from a player. Please remember that new (and not so new!) players rely on information from other more advanced/experienced players posted on this forum. There is a time and a place for jokes and hoaxes, but this is not it. Please think before you post - if you cannot give a straight / sensible / helpful answer to a straight question, it is better not to reply at all :)

Boorg

Captain
Hey folks! Certain posts in this thread have been deleted or edited because they were spreading false information about the upcoming Forge Bowl event, in response to a genuine question from a player. Please remember that new (and not so new!) players rely on information from other more advanced/experienced players posted on this forum. There is a time and a place for jokes and hoaxes, but this is not it. Please think before you post - if you cannot give a straight / sensible / helpful answer to a straight question, it is better not to reply at all :)

Well done.

Agent327

Overlord

What happened to the original and genuine question?

That new and not so new player posted info suggesting he/she was not that new at all.

DeletedUser6065

I dunno.
This looks to me like a face-lifted Soccer Event.
And, I didn't think very much of that one either.
. . . . mk
**Actually, I should say 'Either of the times it was offered.'**

vikingraider

Emperor

The time and place for hoaxes and jokes must be beta, where after people had spent real money for forge bowl buildings, the boosts were downgraded. That really is a joke