• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl 2022 Feedback

suavesmight

Private
New to the forums, new to the game, I bet most like these events and get lots out of it but the tasks im getting at IA are pretty out of this world to achieve, I can't compete nor do the quests for this event at all.

I dont have 3k or 6k gold to spend to get 80 footballs. My last quest said to buy 5 forge points with gold. And now it says to ... build 2-3 culture buildings and spend 5000 supplies.
The rewards are decent but the challenges are just way too difficult.

Ive got 0 chance to even get a single fiore village upgrade. Cheers.

New to the forums, new to the game, I bet most like these events and get lots out of it but the tasks im getting at IA are pretty out of this world to achieve, I can't compete nor do the quests for this event at all.

I dont have 3k or 6k gold to spend to get 80 footballs. My last quest said to buy 5 forge points with gold. And now it says to ... build 2-3 culture buildings and spend 5000 supplies.
The rewards are decent but the challenges are just way too difficult.

Ive got 0 chance to even get a single fiore village upgrade. Cheers.
Yeah, general problem with the events. Definitely not easy - almost impossible - for new players to solve all the quests.
You can still get a lot of nice rewards though, even if you're not able to complete all of it and get the main prize.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
hmm well playing as always but to get fully levelled building is doubtful. Unfortunately the strategy should have been to save all the balls then do a single blow out using the league coach. Needs diamonds even with the event box and newsletter balls. My feedback would be for a build upgrade in Bronze as Silver is tough or an extra upgrade in the timeline. But before anyone says it isn't meant to be easy and it isn't a charity we shouldn't demotivate players who may get frustrated with events and not play at all let alone buy a few diamonds.

Jetti

Private
The yardage does not match. League table is higher than prizes, by several hundred, so don't use the diamonds to buy the extra prizes as you are being ripped off, by a lot. Actually you are being ripped off for the prizes, some people will fall short of getting the Event building to level 10 because of this.

Knight of ICE

The yardage does not match. League table is higher than prizes, by several hundred, so don't use the diamonds to buy the extra prizes as you are being ripped off, by a lot. Actually you are being ripped off for the prizes, some people will fall short of getting the Event building to level 10 because of this.

So it has to be a ripoff cause you do not understand how it works? Progress coach gives you an extra yard. League coach doubles the points earned. Using the League coach will place you much higher in the league, but you will make less yards on the field, so you will win less Grand prizes. Which one did you use?

Forwandert

Major-General
I play 2 servers and the jump from bronze to silver is 20% higher in the newest server to the older one I play.

Not really concerned about it as it's just one of those things and I'm guessing activity/spend is higher on the newest one.

Older server 150 dia spent x 2, have enough upgrades for the full building (aimed for dailys so didn't expect it but scraped on last balls, also in silver but don't need it)

Newest server 150 dia x 1 spent, will be one upgrade short (same aimed for dailys, nowhere near silver)

I knew what I was doing though and had a really good event, new ftp players on the newest server if they didnt know how it works will have had no chance.

suethegreat

Captain
is it always a given that there is one more set of balls whatever on the last day even after finishing the event quests and getting the finished legend? was very close at the end but spent diamonds as wasn't sure and couldn't rely on incidents. Nice event building when motivated.

Emberguard

Legend
is it always a given that there is one more set of balls whatever on the last day even after finishing the event quests and getting the finished legend? was very close at the end but spent diamonds as wasn't sure and couldn't rely on incidents. Nice event building when motivated.
Yes and no.

Generally you'll get the login currency when the Daily Special changes over. But the last Daily Special is only a partial day. So while technically it's a yes, you'll have less time to pick it up than you would on any other day. Which also means the server you're on will determine how much time that is. If you can log on at the right time then you'll get it, otherwise it won't matter whether or not it's given if you're simply unable to log in for that last currency

Malynn

Corporal
OK. The first event of the year is now complete (and yep I am looking forward to the St. Patrick’s Day event, one of my favourite events). However, what has happened to The Event Hub, the Grand Pier. It does not reflect that the first event of 2022 has taken place and no Grand Pier reward!!!
Is this a short lived feature that has fallen by the wayside and is now redundant???

Knight of ICE

OK. The first event of the year is now complete (and yep I am looking forward to the St. Patrick’s Day event, one of my favourite events). However, what has happened to The Event Hub, the Grand Pier. It does not reflect that the first event of 2022 has taken place and no Grand Pier reward!!!
Is this a short lived feature that has fallen by the wayside and is now redundant???

It really helps to read announcements

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/discontinuation-of-event-hub.45076/

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Fanfare please

For the first time ever in the whole history of playing FoE, I've actually completed every single Quest available in an Event!

So I hope that's sort of positive feedback.

Also the fact that I finished in Bronze League and didn't use any money at any point and only 10 Diamonds during a negotiation for an extra turn.

So it can be done, eventually! :)

suethegreat

Captain
Yes and no.

Generally you'll get the login currency when the Daily Special changes over. But the last Daily Special is only a partial day. So while technically it's a yes, you'll have less time to pick it up than you would on any other day. Which also means the server you're on will determine how much time that is. If you can log on at the right time then you'll get it, otherwise it won't matter whether or not it's given if you're simply unable to log in for that last currency
My event balls and quests started at midnight. The events kick off at 9.30 am so i do have a day and a bit following the congrats message therefore it is fingers crossed there is always one more (ball) reward. I know incidents can bring up event rewards right up to event end but dont stay up all night for that. Bring on the boats! :)

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Stratagy was not to spend any balls till the daily prize you wanted came up. but you should be swapping the daily special each day if its not the one you want. So in my case swaping the DS after about 12 days got me a Winning Plaza and the tick then is to buy the ultimate coach for 150 Diamonds and then spend all your balls, took me about 40 mins to spend all then. At end of event had 20 winning plazas, a lot of rubbish for dealer and main event with a bonus level as silver at the end. Many players were spending each day which is a really bad idea.