• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl 2019

Agent327

Overlord
I'm absolutely in agreement with Necro here. I also put in all the effort necessary to complete this long quest line, including many quests in which I had to achieve twice what the Wiki said I would have to, but it left me short of the final upgrade necessary. This feels most unfair. Will I even bother finding space and building the bloody thing? Will I even bother continuing to play the sodding game?

The QWiki you refer to has nothing to do with Inno. Besides that, all info there is correct, so if you had to achieve twice what the Wiki said, it must be cause you do not understand what it is saying. If you were left short you made the wrong choices. No one to blame there but yourself. My advise would be to stop playing "the sodding game". Obviously it is out of your league.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Overall I can´t complain about this event, was not sure even yesterday night if I was going to get the Collosus to L10 or if it owuld land at L9. I settled my mind that L9 was okay. I could have played better and I used a bit of Diamonds yesterday night – My VF city dropped to Bronze and the EMA remained Bronze – Enough to get both Cities a L10 Colossus. Not to mention many other quite great rewards won through this event. I mean even this last specualtion ysterday, are we going to get 120 more or not etc. that added a bit of "drama" – it is an event and should not be taken for granted IMO.

Years ago most or nearly all players where not expecting to get the top prize and would just wait one more year to upgrade the event building. Event buildings like Graveyard, Tree of Love and others ran over several seasons.

DeletedUser96901

Very true and I miss the Valentine Event and the Tree of Love :) :) :)
the good old times where all got the same prize
first year a tree that gives happiness
and the next year an upgrade to a bigger tree with more happiness
and one year later a third level of the tree and still only happiness

can we have that slow good old time back
and not 10 levels in one year

:lol:

Galladhorn

Monarch
the good old times where all got the same prize
first year a tree that gives happiness
and the next year an upgrade to a bigger tree with more happiness
and one year later a third level of the tree and still only happiness

can we have that slow good old time back
and not 10 levels in one year

:lol:

LoL – yes very true, but I guess it will not drop well in the community and frankly I do not wish it back either.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
To all players who failed to make a Lv10 Colossus and claim that it's Inno's fault, please be aware that YOU are to blame for the one or more of the following reason/s:
1. You failed to log-in at least once every single day for the 'free' 120 footballs
2. You failed to complete the full 50 quests
3. You failed to use the wiki resources to pick the most efficient balls/yardage player/s

Just doing those 3 things 100% guaranteed a Lv10 Colossus.

I finished in Silver league w/763 total yards - 43 yards past the 9th touchdown.
I only ever used the most efficient player of the 3 given, and even with some awful choices, still easily cleared a Lv10 building. (ie: I had too many to my liking of choices between balls/yardage choices of 14.6 - 15 balls/yard, and still came out well clear of the 9 required touchdowns)

If a player can't be bothered to used the wiki, which is generally 99.9% correct, then you get what you deserve...
Next time, do the following when an event starts;
a) look up said event on the wiki site
b) copy/paste/print off the quest line & use it to plan ahead for things like troop recruitment (via GE), alts to c-map/research quests, prepare 24hr and/or multiple 4-8hrs productions well ahead of time, build extra blacksmiths for crushing 30-40+ 5-15min productions, etc...
c) use the chest/player charts to pick the best and/or most efficient options.
d) profit?! :P

The ONLY thing that should ever become a PITA during events are if/when c-map quests crop up with no alternative options.

DeletedUser58910

I thought it spoiled the event that the quests switched to daily at the end. It really slowed things down for those of us who cannot afford to breeze through events like this with diamonds, and, I think, made the difference between those players who got a level 8 or 9 Colossus, rather than the top level 10 building. In future, I would like to see the time-limited quests removed, to make things fairer for all players.

Emberguard

Legend
@SnappetyByte I'm not quite following your point here.

Could you clarify what you mean about using diamonds to breeze through the event and the switching to daily quests making a difference? For quests you receive based on number of quests completed not when they're completed

DeletedUser116525

Yeah the daily quests were exactly the same even if you used diamonds for footballs, we still had the time limited quests towards the end so the last week or whatever was still one per day, everyone had the same chance to get a level 10 without diamonds.

But if you did use diamonds you could work on a 2nd colossus and if you had a lot of diamonds you could build a 3rd :D
But no matter, you didn't have to spend a single diamond to get the first colossus and it certainly didn't give any advantage in the 50 quests, we all completed that same day, the last day and you only got one quest line, it didn't roll over and start again.

anyway, thought i'd show off my 3 amigo's here.. Pedro, Ricardo & Eduardo

colossus1.jpg

Boorg

Captain
Yeah the daily quests were exactly the same even if you used diamonds for footballs, we still had the time limited quests towards the end so the last week or whatever was still one per day, everyone had the same chance to get a level 10 without diamonds.

Very true I got 1 Colossus level 10 in each and every world I play in and I did not have to use any Diamonds.

DeletedUser14881

I was "forced" to use Diamonds to get at least to Silver rank 'cause I didn't go for the golden player as I needed a ton of WW Shrink Kits and the other had better chances for me. I wasn't aware that the last quest would reward another Upgrade too, otherwise, I could remain in Bronze and saved some stones. But I'm glad I ended with at least 1.6k on stock for Himeji Castle coming soon.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I was "forced" to use Diamonds to get at least to Silver rank 'cause I didn't go for the golden player as I needed a ton of WW Shrink Kits and the other had better chances for me. I wasn't aware that the last quest would reward another Upgrade too, otherwise, I could remain in Bronze and saved some stones. But I'm glad I ended with at least 1.6k on stock for Himeji Castle coming soon.
Uh, the 'gold' players were pretty much the outright WORST for balls/yards efficiency anyways, so choosing them at all actually made it highly likely you'd *miss* the final 9th touchdown!!
Seriously, does no one bother to take the 5min to look this gak up on the wiki?!:rolleyes:

Diamonds were 1000% UNEEDED to obtain a Lv10.
If you were forced to spend dias to get it, it's because you played the event poorly. (ie: didn't finish full quest line, choose players extremely poorly, etc...)

DeletedUser115639

To all players who failed to make a Lv10 Colossus and claim that it's Inno's fault, please be aware that YOU are to blame for the one or more of the following reason/s:
1. You failed to log-in at least once every single day for the 'free' 120 footballs
2. You failed to complete the full 50 quests
3. You failed to use the wiki resources to pick the most efficient balls/yardage player/s

Just doing those 3 things 100% guaranteed a Lv10 Colossus.

I finished in Silver league w/763 total yards - 43 yards past the 9th touchdown.
I only ever used the most efficient player of the 3 given, and even with some awful choices, still easily cleared a Lv10 building. (ie: I had too many to my liking of choices between balls/yardage choices of 14.6 - 15 balls/yard, and still came out well clear of the 9 required touchdowns)

If a player can't be bothered to used the wiki, which is generally 99.9% correct, then you get what you deserve...
Next time, do the following when an event starts;
a) look up said event on the wiki site
b) copy/paste/print off the quest line & use it to plan ahead for things like troop recruitment (via GE), alts to c-map/research quests, prepare 24hr and/or multiple 4-8hrs productions well ahead of time, build extra blacksmiths for crushing 30-40+ 5-15min productions, etc...
c) use the chest/player charts to pick the best and/or most efficient options.
d) profit?! :P

The ONLY thing that should ever become a PITA during events are if/when c-map quests crop up with no alternative options.
Good advice, really....but I followed that advice (building blacksmiths, logged in at least 3 times a day, FINISHED the questline, and also i used the wiki sources and planned ahead for the next quests etc), and I had a level 8 colossus, needed around 30 more footballs to get the grand prize, which would have made level 9 colossus, and with the amateur or bronze leagues would have made it to level 10. Anyways, I needed around 30 more footballs, and was eagerly waiting for the next day ( I stood up till midnight) to get the 120 footballs for logging in........but those 120 footballs that were meant to be given to us when we logged in, never came. I guess level 9 is ok, but I would have obviously have been MUCH happier with a level 10...

Dead-Eye

General
Coulda just bought the footballs and been done with it. How much would that extravagance have cost? You are stuck with a almost built statue with scaffolding all round lookin like an eyesore in your city and you got nobody to blame but your cheap self.

Boo Hoo.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Good advice, really....but I followed that advice (building blacksmiths, logged in at least 3 times a day, FINISHED the questline, and also i used the wiki sources and planned ahead for the next quests etc), and I had a level 8 colossus, needed around 30 more footballs to get the grand prize, which would have made level 9 colossus, and with the amateur or bronze leagues would have made it to level 10. Anyways, I needed around 30 more footballs, and was eagerly waiting for the next day ( I stood up till midnight) to get the 120 footballs for logging in........but those 120 footballs that were meant to be given to us when we logged in, never came. I guess level 9 is ok, but I would have obviously have been MUCH happier with a level 10...
If you got every daily log-in & finished the entire quest but still missed out on the Lv10, then obviously you did a terribad job of choosing players...
Like really, really, really! horriawful job of picking players. >.<

Did you only ever go for the gold players? (if so, that was well, not smart)
Did you ever use the player breakdown chart on the wiki site? 'Cause if you did, then there was no possible way to miss out the Lv10 as long as you picked at least 25-30% of your plays using the most efficient choices. (heck, you probably only needed to pick the most efficient player like 5 or 10 times or so! -_- )

DeletedUser115639

If you got every daily log-in & finished the entire quest but still missed out on the Lv10, then obviously you did a terribad job of choosing players...
Like really, really, really! horriawful job of picking players. >.<

Did you only ever go for the gold players? (if so, that was well, not smart)
Did you ever use the player breakdown chart on the wiki site? 'Cause if you did, then there was no possible way to miss out the Lv10 as long as you picked at least 25-30% of your plays using the most efficient choices. (heck, you probably only needed to pick the most efficient player like 5 or 10 times or so! -_- )
I hardly picked the gold players- they were like 105 balls each and didn’t even have that good rewards, and yes I did follow the wiki guide but I also went for the highest one with a daily special.......this giving me two full classical garden sets. And how did I do a terriabad an a horriawful job of picking players if I just needed like 30 balls left ????

DeletedUser116572

two of the worst players to pick were bronze players that also happened to give a very high chance for the daily special