• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl 2019

DeletedUser116322

Inno need to make money or go out of business!
i doubt it
"The company now has more than 200 million registered players and by 2017, it reached a revenue of 161.5 million"
from Wikipedia
so looks like we pay dearly to play Forge of Empires

DeletedUser108359

We will see ... i will not judged the event before it even started ..... but from 3 previous events we in the end did get a ship,windmill and spires at full levels ... if inno is really in to please players they would continue on this good path ... but still if we compare the same event from last year it could end up the same way ... 10 levels isn't so much ... so we will see ...

And if we don't get it ....so be it ...lol

With the new changes it should be possible to get it to max.
In beta it was virtually impossible without spending a lot of diamonds.
10 levels isnt much, true. But its a hell of a lot when you cant win the upgrades without spending 2k to 4k diamonds per upgrade.
One of the biggest issues wasnt just that we couldnt get it to max, it was the fact that it did not upgrade like we are used to, it started off as a semi built construction site, surrounded by scaffolding and looked very ugly untill it was completed.
However they have thankfully taken in all the feedback and made some good changes to the format.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Geez, let's try be a bit more positive about the event! It hasn't even started yet

I want a level 10 colossus as much as anyone, but Inno need to make money or go out of business! Whatever prize we get is better than no prize isn't it? And hopefully the next event has a special building everyone can max out, like the winter spire from winter event.
I'm sorry, but considering that every single event thus far has allowed a player who;
a) logs in daily for the 'free' event currency
b) completes the full quest line
c) plays the 'mini game' at least semi-intelligently (ie: saving up all your footballs/apples/florens for the day when upgrade kits are the DS)
Gets to walk away with ONE fully leveled 'grand prize' building.

No one is complaining about not being able to get multiple Lv10 Colossi.
No, the issue was that even if you were a daily active player who 100% completed the entire event, it was still mathematically impossible to reach Lv10 without spending diamonds OR relying on being top 25% in leagues!! (and it was only top 20% in beta!)

Thankfully, after much gnashing of teeth & calling Inno out on their abysmal math skills, they've fixed this one big issue. :)

Everything else about this event actually is GREAT!
The quest line itself is beyond easy, and there are alternative options for every c-map/research quest. (something the Xmas event did very poorly)
The new set is really nice.
The whales will still open their wallets to get a second Colossus.
And now, *everyone* who plays the full event on a daily basis can get a full Lv10 Colossus without diamonds, as Inno themselves typically tend to promise is always possible! ;)

Iwateguy

Major-General
Thankfully, after much gnashing of teeth & calling Inno out on their abysmal math skills, they've fixed this one big issue. :)

It makes me laugh that I have somewhat mixed emotions about this. I'm glad that my Beta Colossus will get that last level. I'm REALLY glad that I didn't actually spend the 4,000 diamonds I figured I'd need in order to get 2 more touchdowns.

But, I had thought that I'd be skipping the event entirely in my 6 Live cities and was not overly unhappy about it. The time "saved" by skipping the event would make it much easier to take care of various tasks that I've been putting off and putting off. For example, purging inactives from my Friend bar. Now, I guess I'll be sliding at least some of those tasks onto the back burner again. C'est la vie.

DeletedUser112892

I came late to party, forgive me.
So, as we can see from Beta, lvl 10 Colossus is not obtainable without spending Diamonds.
Now, wasn't it like "players can achieve top level of any main event building without spending any Diamonds, but they just need to keep logging in every day during event"?
If lvl 10 Colossus isn't achievable without Diamonds, then it is pretty rude from Inno towards freemium players, but alright, who cares about freemium players?

DeletedUser108359

So, as we can see from Beta, lvl 10 Colossus is not obtainable without spending Diamonds.
Now, wasn't it like "players can achieve top level of any main event building without spending any Diamonds, but they just need to keep logging in every day during event"?
If lvl 10 Colossus isn't achievable without Diamonds, then it is pretty rude from Inno towards freemium players, but alright, who cares about freemium players?
it wasn't possible on beta but they have made significant changes for live servers and i think it will be possible to get level 10 without diamonds

Boorg

Captain
What’s funny is that Kurt is giving FREE tourism advertising, “Visit Malta.com”.

Probably he recently had a great holiday in Malta as he seems very proud to have that shirt.

upload_2019-1-14_11-11-49.png

Thank you Kurt :D:D:D:D:D

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Inno is apparently adding an upgrade kit to the Amateur League rewards, which means that to get Lv10 you'll need:
1. finish all 50 quests. (+3 kits)
2. score 9 touchdowns. (10600 total footballs & need to gain 720 total yards - gives another +5 kits total)
3. finish in top 50% of all players on your world. (league reward for Amateur/Bronze = +1 kit/ +2 kits for silver/gold league)

So, now, it should just be a case of logging in every day for free footballs + finish full quest line (which is stupidly easy BTW!), and just don't spend every single ball on the 'gold' receivers, since they are always the 'worst' yards/balls options. ;)

DeletedUser112892

Inno is apparently adding an upgrade kit to the Amateur League rewards, which means that to get Lv10 you'll need:
2. score 9 touchdowns. (10600 total footballs & need to gain 720 total yards - gives another +5 kits total)
3. finish in top 50% of all players on your world. (league reward for Amateur/Bronze = +1 kit/ +2 kits for silver/gold league)

So, now, it should just be a case of logging in every day for free footballs + finish full quest line (which is stupidly easy BTW!), and just don't spend every single ball on the 'gold' receivers, since they are always the 'worst' yards/balls options. ;)
Yeah, as tactics are same as for Soccer Cup event, I am already used to them ;)

DeletedUser113110

How many footballs do we get? Anyone check on wiki? Anyone?;;)