Event Forge Bowl 2019

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Chalinna

Chalinna Brigadier-General

Quite letteraly: Voor niets komt de zon op/ for nothing the sun comes up.

Quintense likes this.
  2. JoanTheLovingOne

JoanTheLovingOne Private

"vir niks nie staan die son op" very similar in Afrikaans

3. CaptainJacksparrow

CaptainJacksparrow Warrant Officer

You're right, its a brilliant building and well worth the effort, and it looks very good ( without the scaffolding )
    The issue was ( and we hope is not anymore ) that it was very very very difficult to get a level 10 one without spending a LOT of diamonds and it's upgrade design was not aesthetically appealing

Chalinna likes this.
  4. CaptainJacksparrow

Ja die twee is min of meer dieselfde, ne

Chalinna likes this.
  5. JoanTheLovingOne

JoanTheLovingOne Private

ja, they are very similar
    one of my brother's budgie is called Jack Sparrow
    i'm struggling in High Middle Ages with my troops to conquer sectors and to do the Guild Expedition fights so I hope i get lucky enough to get that full statue, they mentioned you get attack bonus and i need tons of those

CaptainJacksparrow likes this.
  6. thanatos100

thanatos100 Monarch

Winter event must have fallen short of bringing in the reddies so they are trying to make up for it with this event. Hopefully plenty will cough up the dosh and keep the devs from the breadline.

7. JoanTheLovingOne

JoanTheLovingOne Private

ja, in the short time i've been playing this game there has been tons of dialogue boxes telling you to buy diamonds

8. Chalinna

Not so strange I rather earn money too and if people pay me I won’t complain.

9. CaptainJacksparrow

lol absolutely, and even though to us its just a game, to them its a business and any business will advertise and try to get you to buy their products. You cant blame them for that.
    But this game does allow you to progress without spending money, many other games "tease you along" then at some point you either pay or sit where you are.

Chalinna likes this.
  10. JoanTheLovingOne

JoanTheLovingOne Private

i started a guild and had six completely useless players joining in, i've kicked five out of the six but now the sixth player has decided to go awol, now that i needed him to complete our third guild expedition. as i got to High Middle Ages the game slowed down completely so i suspect a lot of people loose interest in the game as they feel pushed to almost having to buy diamonds to proceed much quicker and get things happening much faster

11. Michael K.

Michael K. Major-General

Probably the funniest post in quite a while . . .
    . . . mk

12. Chalinna

What’s so funny huh?
    Please include us in your utter joy.

13. maziiar

maziiar Private

14. Forwandert

Forwandert Corporal

They've added an upgrade to the amateur league for live servers.

Test Ament likes this.
  15. CaptainJacksparrow

Yea and changed a few things in the other leagues as well.
    this should make it a lot better now.

16. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Captain

Just curious, but where does this new info come from?
    In the announcement page, they clearly show no upgrade in amateur league, meaning you have to be one of the lucky 25% to get a Lv10 Colossus.

Also, any news on other changes, if any at all?

17. Iwateguy

Iwateguy Brigadier-General

Really? The announcement page I saw had 2 upgrades for Gold and Silver, 1 for Bronze, but none for Amateur.

I ended up with Level 9 on Beta. My choices were to score 2 more touchdowns, possibly as much as 4,000 diamonds, or just spend enough to get into Bronze and hope I don't get bumped back to Amateur by the late spenders. Only because it was Beta, I gave these some thought but I would never even consider doing either on Live.

18. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Captain

Never mind...
    Popped into the Beta forums and saw ZD's announcement about a final balancing for live servers.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you beta players for keeping those pitchforks sharp & pointy and sticking your opinions to the devs!;)

19. fewis

fewis Private

Geez, let's try be a bit more positive about the event! It hasn't even started yet

I want a level 10 colossus as much as anyone, but Inno need to make money or go out of business! Whatever prize we get is better than no prize isn't it? And hopefully the next event has a special building everyone can max out, like the winter spire from winter event.

20. CaptainJacksparrow

This was announced on the Beta forum yesterday.