• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge Bowl 2019/VF3 (spoiler section)

Which event is your favourite?

• Forge Bowl

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Carnival Event

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Spring Event

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Mayday Event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soccer/Football Event

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Summer Event

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Fall Event

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Halloween Event

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Winter Event

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Historical Questlines/Other

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser113110

Agreed. The complete one looks very good. BUT.... if you cant complete it and if they dont change the plan, you will end up with a construction site engulfed in scaffolding.

View attachment 17430 Level 8, 1 day to go, might get 1 more upgrade from bronze league.

As far as i know, no matter how many diamonds you have you Wont get a 2nd one. Because you cant obtain another level 1 base like in the Winter event. Inno say having more than one will upset the balance in the game.

"understand that players want more than one, but at this time it would appear game design does not want them to have more than one."
"For example, depending on the long range plans for the game, multiples of this building may have been felt to create a game balancing problem in the future, but I am just guessing on that" ( Not my words, taken from the Beta forum )

But who knows, things may change when it goes live.
Just to clarify, those quoted words are from Zarok Dai, a Beta mod.

DeletedUser113110

About the scaffolding:
They should change the design for level 9 to have no scaffolding, but smaller, so most people won't have a permanent construction site.:)

DeletedUser108359

About the scaffolding:
They should change the design for level 9 to have no scaffolding, but smaller, so most people won't have a permanent construction site.:)

Agreed. my suggestion was make it a complete statue from level 1. But small ( like others in the past have been ), Then it can grow with each upgrade.
We have had no word from the devs about how it will be in the live servers.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Actually, according to the wiki info, the 12th touchdown awards a Lv1 Colossus...

So when Inno says "game balance" what they obviously really mean is, "...well, balanced against the 99% of players who can't afford to drop $2.000 or so, but our 'pay-to-win' players will always keep their God Tier status." :P

Emberguard

Legend
"understand that players want more than one, but at this time it would appear game design does not want them to have more than one."
"For example, depending on the long range plans for the game, multiples of this building may have been felt to create a game balancing problem in the future, but I am just guessing on that" ( Not my words, taken from the Beta forum )

But who knows, things may change when it goes live.
I read that as referring to the cost of diamonds as it was in response to those saying it's too expensive to be getting another one - not saying that there won't be any way of obtaining a second.

[...] You are forgetting those of us that want more than 1 statue. I agree that you have made it possible for most of us to get 1 grand prize but the cost of getting 2 is still prohibitively expensive. On the live servers there are many of us who are happy to spend real money to improve our game experience but the spend has to be within reasonable limits. With 10 levels needed and approximately 4K diamonds per level, that is just toooo much for many of us. [...]
I understand that players want more than one, but at this time it would appear game design does not want them to have more than one. I will see what I can find out about the intent, but they don't always tell us why they do something.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2019_Forge_Bowl_Event
Touchdown rewards:
upload_2019-1-1_13-39-13.png

DeletedUser108359

Ah yes, i see that now, my apologies. I havent even got there yet.
I doubt if most players will even get that without spending 1000's diamonds, im going for 10th touchdown and today is last day ( and iv used some diamonds )
So not sure what the odds will be on live.
But it looks like its going to be rather expensive.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Ah yes, i see that now, my apologies. I havent even got there yet.
I doubt if most players will even get that without spending 1000's diamonds, im going for 10th touchdown and today is last day ( and iv used some diamonds )
So not sure what the odds will be on live.
But it looks like its going to be rather expensive.
Well, we do really appreciate everything you guys on beta do for us to help ensure that events are achievable once they hit live servers! :)

For this event, the quest line itself is an absolute home run - alt options for all the c-map stuff, but without some forward planning it could end up slowing a player right down, which is how it should be!
But the ability to get the 'grand prize' of a Lv10 colossus sadly remains a farce since the event doesn't give nearly enough footballs. :(

For those who are interested in this maths;
Original release:
200 footballs to start + 100 per quests (x50 quests) + 100 daily log-in (x20 day event) + 2000 for quest #30 achievement = 9200 footballs
1 Touchdown = (on average) 1100-1200 footballs
w/only 9200 footballs = 8.3 - 7.6 touchdowns
Result: short by 2.7 - 3.4 touchdowns (11 touchdowns required for final upgrade)

Rebalance #1:
200 starting footballs + 120 per quest (x50 quests) + 120 daily log-in (x20 day event) + 2000 for quest #30 achievement = 10600 footballs
1 Touchdown = (on average) 1100-1200 footballs required
w/only 10600 footballs = 9.6 - 8.8 touchdowns
Result: short by 1.4 - 2.2 touchdowns (11 touchdowns required for final upgrade)

So the math is very slightly getting better, but without being guaranteed of at least a Bronze League finish, it's impossible to gain Lv10 w/out diamonds...
And even with diamonds, you're still basically forced to spend for the required 11 touchdowns, since counting on the right league placing is always a terrible idea.
AND, this is also assuming that the player is ALWAYS choosing only the most efficient balls/yard receivers when spending their footballs, vs. aiming for any kind of specific prize and/or better daily special odds!

Ideally, Inno should just move the line of scrimmage up to the 30 vs. the current 20 yard line, as that would likely be enough to ensure that everyone who finished the entire quest line will get their Lv10 Colossus, while still forcing anyone who wants a 2nd one to shell out at least a likely 15-20k+ diamonds! ;)

DeletedUser112357

There was a highly entertaining exchange between 2 people determined to look down on each other concerning the 2019 Forge Bowl. However the upshot seemed to be that when an event is "underfunded" (not enough footballs for instance) and over-randomized (not enough chance to get the final reward) then many people will just opt out of it. Let's face it, if you don't get the final level (10) of the Prize, the thing just looks kinda awful. It took them about 20 exchanges to make the points that Thomas makes in just one post (above). Apparently, Inno has "balanced" some of the requirements subsequent to player feedback, but I was unable to determine what those balances are exactly.
In Events like this, I just go for the daily rewards if they are good and if the touchdowns are good that's fine too. If you decide you don't care about the main Prize, then the event may not be worth doing because a lot of the rewards then become kinda useless.
And once again there are way too many "fragments" . Words cannot express how much i hate those things.

DeletedUser108359

Well, we do really appreciate everything you guys on beta do for us to help ensure that events are achievable once they hit live servers! :)

For this event, the quest line itself is an absolute home run - alt options for all the c-map stuff, but without some forward planning it could end up slowing a player right down, which is how it should be!
But the ability to get the 'grand prize' of a Lv10 colossus sadly remains a farce since the event doesn't give nearly enough footballs. :(

For those who are interested in this maths;
Original release:
200 footballs to start + 100 per quests (x50 quests) + 100 daily log-in (x20 day event) + 2000 for quest #30 achievement = 9200 footballs
1 Touchdown = (on average) 1100-1200 footballs
w/only 9200 footballs = 8.3 - 7.6 touchdowns
Result: short by 2.7 - 3.4 touchdowns (11 touchdowns required for final upgrade)

Rebalance #1:
200 starting footballs + 120 per quest (x50 quests) + 120 daily log-in (x20 day event) + 2000 for quest #30 achievement = 10600 footballs
1 Touchdown = (on average) 1100-1200 footballs required
w/only 10600 footballs = 9.6 - 8.8 touchdowns
Result: short by 1.4 - 2.2 touchdowns (11 touchdowns required for final upgrade)

So the math is very slightly getting better, but without being guaranteed of at least a Bronze League finish, it's impossible to gain Lv10 w/out diamonds...
And even with diamonds, you're still basically forced to spend for the required 11 touchdowns, since counting on the right league placing is always a terrible idea.
AND, this is also assuming that the player is ALWAYS choosing only the most efficient balls/yard receivers when spending their footballs, vs. aiming for any kind of specific prize and/or better daily special odds!

Ideally, Inno should just move the line of scrimmage up to the 30 vs. the current 20 yard line, as that would likely be enough to ensure that everyone who finished the entire quest line will get their Lv10 Colossus, while still forcing anyone who wants a 2nd one to shell out at least a likely 15-20k+ diamonds! ;)

I got around 9.5 touchdowns with 69 footballs left over which i cant use, even if we get a few more tomorrow ( unlikely ) i cant get even close. Most of the time i chose the higher points player. Im in Bronze league but unlikely i will end there.
So level 9 Statue, almost complete but still surrounded by scaffolding.
Expect many fragments, troops, supplies, forge point and medals as footballer prizes, i now have a forest of victory towers and 5 min rush kits.
I would say go for the footballer prizes you want most and the daily prize you want to try for.
Unless there is a big change or you have lots of money, unlikely to get max main prize.

DeletedUser96901

result from beta:
only players who reach bronze gets the complete building
only players who spend diamonds reaches bronze

so
100% of players which don't spend diamonds have an incomplete Colossus

DeletedUser108359

result from beta:
only players who reach bronze gets the complete building
only players who spend diamonds reaches bronze

so
100% of players which don't spend diamonds have an incomplete Colossus

And even then it depends on how many diamonds you spend.

Emberguard

Legend
if they're not after the garden, shrines of knowledge, champions retreat or some other special - then yes. They may wait. Not sure how saving 'til the end would ruin the event. It's what I used to do and it never ruined it for me

Agent327

Overlord
if they're not after the garden, shrines of knowledge, champions retreat or some other special - then yes. They may wait. Not sure how saving 'til the end would ruin the event. It's what I used to do and it never ruined it for me

In previous events, like this winters event, you were able to reach the main prize and level it to max, without having to need upgrades as a daily prize. That gives you a chance to try for those SoK's half way through. For this one, no way you can level that Colossus to max level, with the regular upgrades. So you either need to wait till the end, hoping for an upgrade as a daily prize, or use diamonds. Waiting till the end resulted for me on the beta in now having more rogue shrinkkits, than I have hideouts. If you wait, you can get stuck with a shity prize.

Emberguard

Legend
Good point. It would mean being restricted with a smaller pool of possible rewards. Then again not having it as a daily special makes SoKs really easy to gather. Perhaps it would be better if the events indicated at the start whether Upgrades would be a DS or not

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Also, waiting until the very end means you have far less chance of being pushed out of the required Bronze League by other players. (including diamond spenders)
However, that means that since events typically tend to end around 4-6am for most Canucks/Americans, we get super-triple-screwed because most of us will still be sleeping, only to wake-up and see that despite spending real money we're still screwed out of a complete Lv10 building!!!

Inno really needs to fix this stinking turd or else these forums (and especially the US server forums) are going to go absolutely ape-gak!
I could easily foresee a good number of forum bans as people vent their anger over this beyond *****y event.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
this is now finished on beta an awful lot of us have scaffolding or like me enough stuff in the inventory to build it to level 9 but aren't going to bother because I for one don't want an unfinished building cluttering up the place, why not have it like most other multi level building it still looks the part but doesn't give as much as a fully upgraded one

DeletedUser108359

this is now finished on beta an awful lot of us have scaffolding or like me enough stuff in the inventory to build it to level 9 but aren't going to bother because I for one don't want an unfinished building cluttering up the place, why not have it like most other multi level building it still looks the part but doesn't give as much as a fully upgraded one

Ironically the only difference i see between level 9 and 10 IS the scaffolding. They both look the same but with level 10 the framework is gone.
i wonder if this was on purpose.