• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forge Bowl 2019/VF3 (spoiler section)

Which event is your favourite?

• Forge Bowl

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Carnival Event

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Spring Event

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Mayday Event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soccer/Football Event

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Summer Event

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Fall Event

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Halloween Event

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Winter Event

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Historical Questlines/Other

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser113110

I think that haven't yet waited to see if there'll be Daily Special upgrades :p
That would work ONLY if people can get multiple upgrades in a day, which is bascially impossible due to the ridiculous amounts of footballs needed to advance.

Emberguard

Legend
How is that impossible? I've already received multiple DS's in a single day, and I've barely gone through the quests

Emberguard

Legend
Daily Special. Normally if it's impossible to be done via Grand Prizes alone it's available in a Daily Special. We've barely started the event - Grand Prizes being the only source of upgrades is not the norm over the last year unless you are able to complete via Grand Prizes. The Tholos certainly experimented with the concept for the first time as to whether it's possible to only use Grand Prizes, but if it's as unlikely as players state for Grand Prizes to complete it then that simply means Daily Special Upgrades are a lot more likely

Edit:
Having the upgrades in a Grand Prize makes it enormously easy to upgrade your city with shrines, one-up/reno kits, wishing wells and anything else you decide is a worthy Daily Special. The current event I've managed to get 10 DS's (sleigh builders) without having to worry about whether or not the winter spire can be completed as it'll be close enough to not be a problem just from Grand Prizes

Having the Daily Special as an upgrade means you have to choose whether you prefer to go for the main event building, or you go for a different Daily Special while your main building remains only partially finished. Which is probably why I've found it easier to increase my FP production since the Summer event then it ever was before it

2018 events (info from fan wiki):
Jan - Forge Bowl Event: Pillar of Heroes - Daily Special Upgrade (x2)
Feb - Carnival Event: Grand Bridge - Daily Special (x7 half days)
March - Spring Event: Cherry Blossom Set - Daily Special (rotated which set piece for entire time of event)
Jul - Soccer Cup Event: Tholos of Idols - Daily Special (x2 - Only the Beta didn't have one)
Aug - Summer Event: The Ship - No Daily Special (could be fully completed with Grand Prize)
Sep - Fall Event: The Mill of [...] - No Daily Special (Grand Prize fully completed it - Cider mill available as Daily Special)
Dec - Winter Event: The Spire - Unknown (looks like you can complete without a Daily Special)

Of course given it's been about 5-6 months since the game last used main event buildings in a Daily Special, it's likely some of those complaining might not have been around when the upgrades were in Daily Specials and so wouldn't even be aware of that possibility. Those who were around back then would be somewhat used to the Grand Prize getting them further by now

Last edited:

DeletedUser113110

Beta didn't get the PoH's upgrades last year iirc, but they were added late event on live due to all the negative feedback from the beta players.

Perhaps a similar scenario this year?;)
Or, just lower the price to pass to a player by 10%.:)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So, now with the recent rebalancing changes made on beta, we know that;
a) There should be enough added footballs to all the quests to complete a Lv10 building w/out diamonds...
Of course, this still assumes that you complete the entire quest line & get the daily log-in footballs. And that you're not the doofus who's just blindly clicking 'randumb' players, and will make some use of the handy chart on the wiki to always pick the best balls per yardage players to help increase your odds further! ;)

b) Upgrades will NOT be made into daily specials this year, as Inno has decided that this building is far too powerful to become readily available with only a handful of diamonds.
If you want a second Collossus, it's going to cost you roughly 34k-35k diamonds per. :o
(note: I'm sure there's a few whales out there with more $$$ than sense who will break open their wallets for an extra Lv10 or three!:rolleyes: )

Really happy to see that Inno have listened to the complaints and at least made the Lv10 achievable by doing the full quest line + daily log-ins, and also being at least a little intelligent with the mini-game.

DeletedUser6065

Bronze or even silver league are easily acheivable with all those dead accounts lying around, and give upgrades.
I dunno. Are the 'inactive accounts' part of the mix, or will there be some sort of filter that removes them? Remember, there is already a mechanism to begin removing the inactive accounts. So easy to 'link' it into the event. And also, don't forget, many, many of those 'players' are system generated. Will they count . . where??
If we leave everybody as listed, then yes, there is a chance for decent rewards.
If we filter out 'inactives' and 'non-existent anyway' then it becomes just a little bit tougher.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

If you do it daily and have a bit of luck Bronze is fairly easy to achieve. Silver is a bit of a challenge, and to be gold i think you have to be one of the really big players.
Personally i would like to see the percentages change. EG, Gold....top 5% Silver top 10% and bronze top 20 % ( instead of the present 1% 5% and 20% )
Iv seen a few posts where people say part of the game is designed so smaller active players can catch up to bigger players, personally i dont think that can happen unless they spend big money as the bigger you are the better the rewards ( understandable ) but the percentages of rewards could ( in my humble opinion ) be balanced a bit better.

The only problem i have with the Colossus is that it looks as ugly as hell the way it is at the moment. If you cant finish it you're going to have a partly constructed building with scaffolding all around it.
Personally i think it should be a small complete building that grows as you upgrade it
Just my personal opinion

The Cultural Garden Set is cool and completed takes a 4 X 4 space, Only 2 of the pieces need a road and the rewards do stack so if you get extra pieces you can play around with them to improve some of the bonuses.

DeletedUser113901

If you do it daily and have a bit of luck Bronze is fairly easy to achieve. Silver is a bit of a challenge, and to be gold i think you have to be one of the really big players.
Personally i would like to see the percentages change. EG, Gold....top 5% Silver top 10% and bronze top 20 % ( instead of the present 1% 5% and 20% )
Iv seen a few posts where people say part of the game is designed so smaller active players can catch up to bigger players, personally i dont think that can happen unless they spend big money as the bigger you are the better the rewards ( understandable ) but the percentages of rewards could ( in my humble opinion ) be balanced a bit better.

The only problem i have with the Colossus is that it looks as ugly as hell the way it is at the moment. If you cant finish it you're going to have a partly constructed building with scaffolding all around it.
Personally i think it should be a small complete building that grows as you upgrade it
Just my personal opinion

The Cultural Garden Set is cool and completed takes a 4 X 4 space, Only 2 of the pieces need a road and the rewards do stack so if you get extra pieces you can play around with them to improve some of the bonuses.
The colossus lvl 10 is beautiful, and unless you spend diamonds, you're not gonna have a second colossus big enough to be worth building.
The garden doesn't give FPs.
For gold win WTII twice during the event.

DeletedUser113110

Honestly, this year's event is WAY better(After those changes, of course) than last year's Forge Bowl. I hope to get a Colossus 10:)
As a side note: I am basically guaranteed to win Winter Spire 12, it's not hard, but Lady Luck needs to be on your side.;;)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Soooooo...
After seeing more and more of the feedback for the Forge Bowl, it sadly looks like even the so-called 'rebalancing" isn't going to be enough to ensure a Lv10 Colossus even if you finish the full quest line + every daily log-in bonus. :(
ATM, going by the beta feedback, you're looking at requiring between 2.2k-5k diamonds to ensure yourself of a Lv10 building.

Inno really needs to get its gak together and fix this for the live release, or else I can foresee these forums becoming even more hostile than the likes of DakkaDakka or god forbid, 4chan.:o

Any beta players here who can chime in on this?

DeletedUser108359

You are gonna have to get in at least bronze league to get lv10 colossus.

Ironically, according to the guys there who seem to know what they are doing, to get enough upgrades you will need to spend diamonds They say average about 4k per level. ( also to ensure at least bronze ) and this will then leave you with 1 upgrade extra.
Its a lose/lose situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

The colossus lvl 10 is beautiful,

Agreed. The complete one looks very good. BUT.... if you cant complete it and if they dont change the plan, you will end up with a construction site engulfed in scaffolding.

C.PNG Level 8, 1 day to go, might get 1 more upgrade from bronze league.

and unless you spend diamonds, you're not gonna have a second colossus big enough to be worth building.
As far as i know, no matter how many diamonds you have you Wont get a 2nd one. Because you cant obtain another level 1 base like in the Winter event. Inno say having more than one will upset the balance in the game.

"understand that players want more than one, but at this time it would appear game design does not want them to have more than one."
"For example, depending on the long range plans for the game, multiples of this building may have been felt to create a game balancing problem in the future, but I am just guessing on that" ( Not my words, taken from the Beta forum )

But who knows, things may change when it goes live.