• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

for the next settlement, Joker cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
you get 6 Joker cards as a reward for finishing the first 5 quests of the settlement, and you would use up to 5 whenever you wanted to instantly finish a production in a goods building and 1 would be available to instantly complete a building (ie instead of waiting 4 or 8 hours for that last building) thoughts???

Last edited:

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
no

you are playing it wrong

nobody needs any building that needs more than 1 hour to build

since they changed the final quests you do need to wait for that final buliding to complete, time has never ever been an issue for me before but a combination of impedements on the starting grid and needing over 300 wool to unlock the last 3 tech no way will I finish on time this run through

DeletedUser96901

since they changed the final quests you do need to wait for that final buliding to complete
NO

build it, sell it, done in seconds
and then build goods building again that needs 1 hour

as I said
everyone who builds 4h+ buildings to keep them and wait until they are finished are playing the settlement wrong

Settlements are a funny old thing.

Started on both L and R at exactly the same time, L was hideous for impediments and R was fairly clear with good room to expand but due to boosted collections and favourable merchant offers of the right goods at the right time L will be finished this afternoon and R still hasn't unlocked the Manor but still has 5 days left so will be ok :)

as for the suggestion NO it isn't needed in any way if you think about what you are doing and plan ahead looking at what is needed

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
no amount of planning ahead will help you when you need over 300 wool to unlock the last 3 tech when that combines with a dreadful starting grid and yes that is a rare occurance having played through 9 vikings and 5 japenes its the first time that combo has happened and due to that I will not finish gold for the first time, so yes I do believe there is a need for something, or it needs to be rebalanced so that combo can't happen

DeletedUser96901

so the game should guarantee that gold can be achieved ?
no matter of the bad luck ?

what with my very bad run where I had about 10% x4 when it should be 25%
mustn't there be a rebalance too that gold is also guaranteed

I don't think the rare bad luck which makes players fail to reach gold needs to be rebalanced

and what is with extreme good luck: doesn't that need also to be rebalanced ?
my current japanese: starting with my normal 2x 10 goods productions
one x4. directly getting the market
and the offer instruments on the market also got the x4
so after less than 10 hours I could buy 6 expansions:
2 expansions for the 2 other goods from the market and 4 instrument expansions because of the x4

Agent327

Overlord
no amount of planning ahead will help you when you need over 300 wool to unlock the last 3 tech when that combines with a dreadful starting grid and yes that is a rare occurance having played through 9 vikings and 5 japenes its the first time that combo has happened and due to that I will not finish gold for the first time, so yes I do believe there is a need for something, or it needs to be rebalanced so that combo can't happen

So one time you do not reach gold and immediately the game needs to be adjusted and made easier. I can see you really like a challenge.

DeletedUser96901

it's no challenge when it's impossable
not every challenge can be won
but you could "cheat" a little bit and spend some diamonds

If it is impossible, quit the challenge and start again.
great idea

but it will be exact the same challenge
so if it was impossible it will be impossible again

btw:
it took me 19 settlements (or was it only 18? I already have forgotten the exact number) to get my 3 full greater runestones

Status
Not open for further replies.