• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

For the good of your empire!!!

DeletedUser

I was thinking...What is the best tactic for building an GREAT EMPIRE...Is it good to research or fight..I don't know :confused:
I started to research new bulidings ,but it came out that other empires attacked me and easily defeated me.
:confused: again
Then i started to train soldiers and archers (I'm in Iron Age now)but i have a shortfall of supplies..
Write if you know what should i do :D
BYE

DeletedUser7719

Well, first off, it matters what your opinion on building a great empire means. (of course, a mod is going to make a post that will be more useful to you)

DeletedUser15432

By all means research buildins, however, a good defense / attack force is 8 archers and 8 soldiers/ then you can customize your armies for defence or attack, I personally actually maintain 12 and 12/ this gives me reserves for losses because you need to attck to gain the mdeals that will help your city expand. I will shortly progress to HMA

DeletedUser

...Is it good to research or fight..

Yes.

Do either, or both. Also polish your neighbors, join a guild, participate in discussions, build great buildings, help others build them.

It is a complex game and that is what makes it interesting. Regardless of what your opinion of a great empire means, you can build it by starting with those things.

(Sorry if that is not any more useful to you than byeordie's post but I am only an Altruist and not a mod *pokes byeordie and grins)

DeletedUser6461

Hi there are mainly two aspects of this wonderful game:

1. Ranking points:

The best way to accumulate ranking points is through:

a) Battling: you will get 1 ranking points for every 50 battle points. which sounds very good. As in my case i am getting around 200K battling points per day which is 4K ranking points. don't forget that 120% happiness play a big role in getting those 200K points a day. I have only 60 players in my neighborhood but If you have 80 members you can get more points than this :)

b) Collecting coins/supplies: you will get 1 ranking points for every 300 coins/supply collection. Also, the 120% happiness play a big role to get the maximum points) As of now the best way to get the maximum coins/supply is to make the below combos:

i) St. Marks GB + 90 Gambrel Roof Houses/Victorian Houses. you can roughly get over 1 Million coins per day which is over 3K ranking points.

ii) Light House of Alexandria + St. Albert Hall + Wheelwright/ceramics factory (i have seen around 40 wheelwright in a city!!!). you can roughly get over 2 Millions coins a day if you have the maximum number of these production buildings, which is over 6K ranking points !! but beware, there is no further usage of supplies other than researches, buildings and goods production , so much of your supplies will be stagnant in your backyard. lol...

2) Tech tree & continent map advancement:

a) Tech tree (technology tree or research new technologies) advancement.
This is the non-avoidable aspects of this game. Tech tree advancement is directly proportional to your daily activity, i.e, collection of forge points, goods, coins and supplies that you need to research the technology to grow up to reach the higher age buildings. The far you achieve this, the far you get success in all the aspects of this game including the battling (through latest military buildings) and farming (through latest resident/production buildings) aspects.

b) Continent Map Advancement.
This is also mandatory to reach the top of the rankings. Through continent map, you are mainly getting the goods boosters which are very essential in producing your essential goods at 5 times more than without the booster. This is very much required to advance the tech tree.
There are other aspects like keeping a balance between 120% happiness and population requirement for the new buildings, space management, B.P collection, leveling up GBs, motivation/polish, quest completion, expansions etc.. most of which you can read @ the blacksmith's beginners guilde to FOE: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...inners-guide-to-FoE&highlight=guide+beginners

Last edited by a moderator: