• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event FoE Soccer Cup 2016

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser107476

I have been playing Forge for some 10 months and have enjoyed the various Events particularly the Winter and Easter events - well designed, good fun, and good prizes. Expeditions good too, by the way.

BUT ... I would have to say this soccer event is poorly designed by comparison. In particular the prizes are grossly over priced in terms of the cups you can earn and the cost of the prizes. I play in 3 worlds and it appears not many are shooting for goals, either not participating at all or waiting for the prizes to increase before shooting, which means prizes sit on 100 (for 5%) more many hours at a time. In each world I have earned little more than 1000 cups so far - barely enough for a watchfire and a couple of random blueprints. From what I have heard from Beta participants this same feedback was provided at the time, and apparently ignored.
You seem to be under the impression that beta is there for players to give feedback and be listened to. Unfortunately unlike every other company that makes online games and does use beta for that, Innogames does not. Beta is there to check if the devs coding will play ( I mean play as in run not actually work the way it is supposed to) nothing more.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
You're too kind... I STILL face scenarios where my Rail Gun is not able to hit cloaked or flying units on his first turn... I brought this up LAST year

DeletedUser16126

You're too kind... I STILL face scenarios where my Rail Gun is not able to hit cloaked or flying units on his first turn... I brought this up LAST year
Let's call that a feature, as a mitigation of the fact that some of the flying units have the ability that they should not get hit by artillery...

Droodog

Private
not fair, I can no longer move forward with soccer event due to "scout a province" I cannot scout a province at this time and the near future , why can't they say scout a province or do something else??? unfair!!

DeletedUser109221

Sick of getting sniped for cups especially when I've used diamonds pissed off, rubbish event. Don't usually plunder people, plundering everyone that snipes me now. Would of spent a lot more diamonds if it was the normal summer event buying SOK's. Stupidly priced 4000 diamonds gets you 10,000 cups and they cost 6250 are you serious thats like $30.00 a SOK where i am from what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109096

Sick of getting sniped for cups especially when I've used diamonds pissed off, rubbish event. Don't usually plunder people, plundering everyone that snipes me now. Would of spent a lot more diamonds if it was the normal summer event buying SOK's. Stupidly priced 4000 diamonds gets you 10,000 cups and they cost 6250 are you serious thats like $30.00 a SOK where i am from what a joke.
Yeh it's expensive...dude has spent over $1k on 40 SoK in my guild, what do you expect 99cent 'Sale':?:?

Cuthwolf

Captain
not fair, I can no longer move forward with soccer event due to "scout a province" I cannot scout a province at this time and the near future , why can't they say scout a province or do something else??? unfair!!
In the first world I played I raced ahead on the map and got stuck at Event time. In later worlds I was wiser and anticipated the 'scout a province', 'take a sector without fighting', research a technology' etc quests.

This is a strategic skill of the game, I hope you will be better prepared at the next Event.

DeletedUser109221

Yeh it's expensive...dude has spent over $1k on 40 SoK in my guild, what do you expect 99cent 'Sale':?:?
There is no need to be smart about it BEAST500 99 cent sale pffft... As Test Ament pointed out in previous events they have been much more resonably priced

DeletedUser109096

wait for winter event then:lol: you are the one who is fussy 'ere:P

DeletedUser15372

I am glad for not spending diamonds on the event at all :)
I would be so sad if I did and after taking so many shots someone else took the cups :(

DeletedUser5180

How about offering an "opt-out" option for those of us who dont want to be bothered?
its simple... dont click on the event (and thats less time spent than coming here complaining about it)

one day the devs will get sick of the whingers who moan about events and stop them so for the sake of those who do enjoy them please ignore them and let everyone else enjoy

thank you..!!

DeletedUser105544

In the first world I played I raced ahead on the map and got stuck at Event time. In later worlds I was wiser and anticipated the 'scout a province', 'take a sector without fighting', research a technology' etc quests.

This is a strategic skill of the game, I hope you will be better prepared at the next Event.
People still didn't figure out that all they need is patience and to use their heads instead of money.

DeletedUser97688

Do we know if there's a schedule for the rotating prizes or any way to know what's coming next? Or is it all random?

DeletedUser98163

Well I have to infiltrate 4 sectors and I can't as the ones not conquered have already been infiltrated. I can't beat the sectors as they are so hard and even if I did it takes nearly 3 days to scout so once again FOE thanks for ruining another event for me unless you have a solution? I couldnt get the wishing well from the last event either for a similar reason.

DeletedUser16026

There is no known schedule of the timed prizes. The order is also changed from Beta so which prizes will appear next is unknown.

DeletedUser96901

but you can sneak peek on the Thai server 8-)
they are geting the same things 6 hours earlier

next: Victory Tower