• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content FoE on Android

Forwandert

Major-General
Hi Tracy thanks for the response, where/what are the details of the changes? as there is no announcement about price changes on android. Only thread I can find in announcements (from the day the android app was released) is this one http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28836-Price-Changes-for-Diamonds Within the thread the following was posted "Apart from that, the prices in the mobile app will decrease a little bit.
"
. This would imply a better offer unless the price was significantly higher previously, although after a table with clear pricing for browser version doesnt really give much away. How much reduction in diamonds has occured since the 23rd March due to 3rd party charges?

Just seems a little odd when Grepolis which is an Innogame has fixed pricing on both platforms and never had varied prices between the two platforms. FOE has implemented a new app for a platform yet has had to pass on 3rd party charges due to the last rise which implies more then one when you've only been available on android for 20 days. How many rises have there been?

DeletedUser

The changes were made before the Android app was released, and the package sizes/costs

When the android app was released, the package sizes/costs were made the same.

The main reason as I said previously was due to 3rd party charges which had previously not been passed on along with some differences in the exchange rate.

That is the reasons we were given for the changes that have been made.

I cant comment on Grepolis and the way they deal with thier premium costs as all of our games are kept totally separate.

DeletedUser99588

They have to recover the development time for the android app somehow so I guess they are targeting the users of the app. The real scam is how the German players get more diamonds for their money than the UK. Seems to me the marketing strategy is charge them what you think they will pay. Common enough strategy and many companies use it. Doesn't make it fair or right but it is the world we live in.

DeletedUser15986

Feedback regarding Research (as it relates to Goods Buildings) in the Android App;

When I'm going through the Research Tree and looking at the Goods Buildings each research will unlock, clicking the info for each building doesn't show whether I have the required map boosts for production - unlike the browser research tree. Is this an oversight, or by design?

DeletedUser100493

I have to be brutal here, this FOE APP should be withdrawn and reworked until it is fully functioning.It does have some nice touches but at what price, no messaging and sadly not the seamless gaming one would expect. If it does not emulate the desktop your just confusing people and driving them away.
Your obviously over stretched and have released a poorly made APP that is under developed, your not going to expand your user base with something this poor, you will only create bad feeling. Function should be your priority, not being able to exit the game is loosing you (FOE} many users.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

I have to be brutal here, this FOE APP should be withdrawn and reworked until it is fully functioning.It does have some nice touches but at what price, no messaging and sadly not the seamless gaming one would expect. If it does not emulate the desktop your just confusing people and driving them away.
Your obviously over stretched and have released a poorly made APP that is under developed, your not going to expand your user base with something this poor, you will only create bad feeling. Function should be your priority, not being able to exit the game is loosing you (FOE} many users.

Couldn't disagree more the app is a godsend for many who want to be able to make collections on the move. I don't think it is meant to be a complete replacement for the browser version. Well not at this time anyway and as FoE development process is quite slow I cannot see it happening any time soon if ever.

DeletedUser15986

Couldn't disagree more the app is a godsend for many who want to be able to make collections on the move. I don't think it is meant to be a complete replacement for the browser version. Well not at this time anyway and as FoE development process is quite slow I cannot see it happening any time soon if ever.

I agree. I'm very much appreciating the convenience of being able to use my phone to handle some of the time critical things like collections/aid, and don't see it (at this point) as a replacement to my desktop. (For a start, the limited screen space means it's a bit fiddly to do stuff sometimes.)

Sure some features need adding (or fixing), but I'd be massively disappointed if the App was withdrawn.

John BA

Private
I have downloaded the app on 2 different android phones, and have the same issue. I cant login to my account or world with the same user name and password as I use to access the game on my PC. Please Help?

DeletedUser

John12227 are you on the correct server? (the en server as opposed to the zz beta server or the usa server). I believe there is a change server option on there, select the british flag to change to the en server and hopefully fix your issue.

DeletedUser914

This week bought an android tablet, and of course downloaded this android app. FOE on android is useful for catching coins and supplies. Also aiding members goes very quick. I miss the message tool (most important) and guild wars.

also found a view bugs
wishing wells have all the same supply icons:
keep quest is in red and abort quest in green
while aiding in event history, all that are already aided are still in orange color. (aiding directly in friendlist and guildlist works awesome)

A last remark: This android app is very useful for a quick harvest: but those imbalanced great buildings have a far higher priority to fix

DeletedUser97155

So, anyhoo - an Android Update yesterday !!

I assumed whilst the update was loading that it was the addition of the Messaging System or perhaps just some of the Missing Icons

Turns out it was just some tinkering with existing icons to make them look like they'd been done by pre-schoolers !

App still does it's job though .... which is good !