• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Foe Helper Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser113129

Hey everyone,

I just want to know whether the extension [Foe-Helper chrome extension] is allowed to be used and if it's 'safe' to use I guess?

Everyone is saying how useful it is and just want to see whether this is the case

DeletedUser101006

I've had a message from someone in my guild stating that the ability to "see" what goods someone is making when plundering is against the rules and hence the FoE Helper app is now on the wrong side of the law and Inno will start banning people. Anyone got any confirmation of this?

DeletedUser113129

This has been discussed already so much. Just search and you'll see the discussions. Supposedly not breaking rules because its just information that is 'below the surface' of the game or whatever that means, I ain't a coder so not completely sure. But I doubt inno are about to ban 1000's of players who use the extension

DeletedUser96901

why shouldn't it be against the rules ?

6) Bots and scripts
It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.

Examples:
- You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.
showing information that other players not using that tools don't have is an unfair advantage

But I doubt inno are about to ban 1000's of players who use the extension
are 1000s of players using that part of the tool to get better plunder results ?

because I doubt that if InnoGames is banning players who don't plunder for using plunder information :P

Forwandert

Major-General
This has been discussed already so much. Just search and you'll see the discussions. Supposedly not breaking rules because its just information that is 'below the surface' of the game or whatever that means, I ain't a coder so not completely sure. But I doubt inno are about to ban 1000's of players who use the extension

I never questioned players getting banned. I said if it's capable of that the programme needs banning, just to clarify as I wasnt really clear.

Players being banned would be entirely of their own choice of use after that point.

DeletedUser113129

Well the game kinda is showing the information now isn't it? That's the whole purpose of the tool. The tool simply makes it an even playing field to all including myself, who don't have the skillset to view the information. Inno could solve this by hiding the information, but like I said I don't know jack about coding so I am sure it's more complicated than that. Is there a rule telling someone not to use it? It's their fault if they don't, not mine lmao. And until it gets banned or verbally said as being bannable people will use it, including myself.

Also how is inno meant to know if people use that feature btw? Mind explaining? Inno has no connection with the tool, so how exactly do you propose inno to selectively ban people who use it?

DeletedUser96901

and they could send an ingame announcement to inform players
"starting tomorrow we will ban players for using FoEhelper"

Well the game kinda is showing the information now isn't it?
NO. the GAME is not showing that information

you get that information from data analyses elsewhere (browser server communication or something like that)

and how many players can check that 0.1% ?

Is there a rule telling someone not to use it?
yes posted above

unfair advantage

Giskler

Legend
All the information displayed in FoE helper is available for anyone to lookup if they want to, it doesn't interact directly with the game in any way. It's tolerated by Inno that people use it because there is no real reason to ban anyone who uses it. They aren't doing anything against the game rules. Of course Inno can say that FoE helper is not allowed, but then another slightly different addon will be made instead.

Inno can obfuscate game data if they want to disable certain functions in FoE helper, but tools such as the GB calculators, statistics and production overviews can't realistically be hindered - you can do the same thing with spreadsheets or pen and paper.

DeletedUser

and they could send an ingame announcement to inform players
"starting tomorrow we will ban players for using FoEhelper"

NO. the GAME is not showing that information

you get that information from data analyses elsewhere (browser server communication or something like that)

and how many players can check that 0.1% ?

yes posted above

unfair advantage
i hope the 40,000 people using the app get banned

DeletedUser113129

All the information displayed in FoE helper is available for anyone to lookup if they want to, it doesn't interact directly with the game in any way. It's tolerated by Inno that people use it because there is no real reason to ban anyone who uses it. They aren't doing anything against the game rules. Of course Inno can say that FoE helper is not allowed, but then another slightly different addon will be made instead.

Inno can obfuscate game data if they want to disable certain functions in FoE helper, but tools such as the GB calculators, statistics and production overviews can't realistically be hindered - you can do the same thing with spreadsheets or pen and paper.

Nicely said. And honestly, until inno directly says it's a bannable offence for the usage of the tool, everyone will continue to use it. There ain't a reason not to use it... Free, helpful, saves time,

Dead-Eye

General
i looked it up on the web store and it looks like a con or something that gets you banned
K got FoE help and it looked kinda cheesy. FoE tools came up as well and looks a bit better. Been using a calculator, pen and paper all this time and as primitive as it sounds it really does work.

DeletedUser113129

K got FoE help and it looked kinda cheesy. FoE tools came up as well and looks a bit better. Been using a calculator, pen and paper all this time and as primitive as it sounds it really does work.
Of course it works.. It's simply a matter of saving time and effort. Before this everyone including myself did it manually. All I am saying is that the tool simply makes life easier, and of course the other aspects such as negotiations+ outpost calculations just saves me time and effort. Feel free to do it your way, though imo it's a win win regardless. Download and it's just there, use it or not, there aint no harm in having it.

DeletedUser113129

or until a few players got banned :rolleyes:

It's ok. You can continue to believe people will get banned for using it. I don't really care if you play at a disadvantage or not lmao, just stupid imo. Im going to continue to use it because it makes my life easier :) ( unless inno directly declares it otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.