• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Flashing Mail Icon, but no new message

• Thread starter DeletedUser96734
  • Start date

DeletedUser96734

• World: en8 Houndsmoor
  • Browser and Version: Windows 8, Firefox/22.0
  • Overview of the bug: After receiving a message through the mail box, opening it and reading it, after the next "event" in my city, the mail icon starts flashing again as though I've got a new message, but when I check, there is no new message. The event can be any of the following - M/P or any other notification, collection of goods/coins/supplies/army, starting production of goods/supplies, viewing the map, viewing the tech tree, opening the market or refreshing the page in the browser. I couldn't be sure but it may also happen if you were to purchase or move buildings/decorations - it may not be limited to what I've stated above. It only occurs once for each message received and only after the first event/action following receiving the message. It also makes no difference whether you delete the message or leave it in your mail box, and if you do delete it you don't see the message, its not sent it again. It also isn't time related, in so far as it doesn't matter if the event is 2 minutes after you received the message or an hour after - the next event triggers it.
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: every time after the first event after receiving a message, since update 1.07 yesterday
  • Urgency: annoying but not urgent
  • Preventative Actions: none
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: yes

Amy Steele

General
1.07.16695 (07.08.2013 7:05), Amy Steele (836511), en8, en_US, WIN 11,7,700,224, Windows 7, MSIE 10.0, 1029x614

I had this same problem yesterday, though it seems to be okay today. This was not the same problem as the old 'flashing message icon' problem, which occurs whenever you reply to a message. For a while after yesterday's update when I received a message and read it, the message icon kept flashing, no matter whether I replied to the message, or how many times I looked at my inbox/most recent messages. It was really annoying. It finally stopped after about 10 minutes when I clicked on the icon to open the 'build' menu.

DeletedUser96734

Its been happening all day today, and going into the building menu hasn't fixed it for me, I've been in and out of it several times today but still no different.

DeletedUser9168

Same thing been happening to me too over the last couple of days, plus resurrection of the "Something has happened" pop-up appearing when nothing new has happened

DeletedUser

I can confirm this is happening. I am trying to identify what causes it to flash up again but struggling. Will post more when I have further information.

DeletedUser19136

I have had this happening to me for days...time wasted opening to read messages that are not there :-(

DeletedUser97018

as this is happening for some time again, is it possible to do smtn about it? again?
what is proper action for renewal of devs attention to this?

DeletedUser

I can confirm this is happening. I am trying to identify what causes it to flash up again but struggling. Will post more when I have further information.

That might be why this issue is not yet solved - it's difficult to work out why it's happening. I've had some instances of the message icon flashing when there's no message there, but couldn't say why... :(