• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Flash is out?

Ati2

Legend
Hi,

I just got the popup, saying "Flash is out, html5 is in."

Does this mean the flash version is going to be discontinued? Please don't do that. The html5 version is slow, slow, sloooooooooow. Abandoning the flash version will make the game unplayable for many of us. :(

Ati2

Legend
And it just popped up again, minutes after the previous popup. Please don't tell me it's going to pop up each time I switch back to my main city from the settlements.

Ati2

Legend
yes flash is dying
and dead end of 2020

Which is something I would usually cheer, but with FoE, the html5 version is just not there yet on a slower machine. :(

there is no choice

Are there any timelines on this? Did I miss an announcement? Will the html5 version be changed to be at least as fast as the flash version before the flash is abandoned? So many questions.

DeletedUser

More secure and with improved appearance to graphics, a welcome upgrade. A bit of flickering of the cursor which will, no doubt, settle down over the coming weeks/months. Thanks Inno, much appreciated.

Ati2

Legend
It's not FoEs choice, it's Adobe that's stopping support for it
That's still two years from now. That would probably give enough time for Inno to fix the html5 version and make the switch to it an actual alternative. So why the popup now?

Shad23

Emperor
That's still two years from now. That would probably give enough time for Inno to fix the html5 version and make the switch to it an actual alternative. So why the popup now?
not 2 years by end of this year Flash will be ditched

Emberguard

Legend
*1 year

the web browsers themselves have already started to phase them out. Chrome for example no longer supports any settings for Flash and hasn't for a few months at least

Ati2

Legend
*1 year

the web browsers themselves have already started to phase them out. Chrome for example no longer supports any settings for Flash and hasn't for a few months at least

Okay, then Inno needs to work faster. :D Still, what's the roadmap? How long can I still play without screaming and shouting at the slowness?

Ati2

Legend
Out of curiosity, I just gave the html5 version a try again. It was still not finished with loading the buildings in the city after 5 minutes. I had to get on a faster PC to disable html5, and get the game back.

Shad23

Emperor
Out of curiosity, I just gave the html5 version a try again. It was still not finished with loading the buildings in the city after 5 minutes. I had to get on a faster PC to disable html5, and get the game back.
i don't need to do that i switch to FireFox FF on my PC does not load it sends me to a page where i have choice to eather re-load FoE on HTML and just under there's a flash buton where i can go back to flash by clicking on flash buton

DeletedUser113901

Switch off all musics and animations, do streneous actions like aiding from app if possible. Use auto battle whenever you can... Actually HTML5 now works a lot like flash when I started playing. Oh, one more thing: if when attempting to log in the game stops loading at 72%, quit and retry as it won't restart loading again.

Giskler

Legend
The app version has a better ui and runs better than both browser versions. I only use the browser version when I absolutely have to. Both HTML5 and flash run slow and are cumbersome to navigate. The solutions is simple, play on the app!