• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Buildings) Flame & Tower GB's

• Thread starter DeletedUser111907
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111907

One thing everyone is always talking about is more city area or more expansions, well what about if you created two new Great Buildings that give the opportunity to create more space without adding more expansions or city area?
Well i'm sure some great names can be found but for simplicity sake we will go with the Flame and the Tower.

Flame GB
5 x 5 area
Allows all Ritual Flames & Watchfires to be added to a single Great Building which accumulates the % of what is donated to it
There is no room for Abuse of any kind
It keeps all original items within the game so no changes to the work already done but also allows for more room to be created within cities but does not mean adding more expansions or city area and also allows for any future developments in this area to simply be added to this GB over time giving you more options for rewards in future events

Tower GB
4 x 4 area
Allows all Victory Towers to be added to a single Great Building which accumulates the medal rewards of what is donated to it
There is no room for Abuse of any kind
It keeps all original items within the game so no changes to the work already done but also allows for more room to be created within cities but does not mean adding more expansions or city area and also allows for any future developments in this area to simply be added to this GB over time giving you more options for rewards in future events

As each level is opened it allows x amount of Flames or Towers to be added to the GB, as with most GB's these would have a secondary bonus which I think should be added defence attack bonus for the Flame as defence attack is quite hard to gain and extra medals per level with the Tower.

Quite sure that these would be a great addition for all Era's that are currently within the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

I get the general idea of it but I think there would have to be a cost to it. I would go along the lines of the GB's are leveled with fp as usual, and get bonuses as per a usual for a GB of it's type. However you can further boost these bonuses by adding the buildings specified. You can add 1 building at level 1, a further 2 buildings at level 2 etc. This actually could be done with current builds. Colosseum, Deal and Gaea for victory towers. Deal and Basil for Watchfires and Ritual Flames.

DeletedUser111589

That would make more sense to be a special building than a GB for reason @markp27 mentioned. GB would have to be leveled up to allow more ritual flames and victory towers to be 'sacrificed' (to call it like that) or it wouldn't be a GB in truest sense.

Good idea though.

DeletedUser96901

defense and medals ?

how about a building to add SoK and Terrace Farms :blush:

DeletedUser111589

defense and medals ?

how about a building to add SoK and Terrace Farms :blush:

Don't you think it would be OP if it could store terrace farms? Imagine it producing 300 goods a day (8 hour production of 10 goods) or 50 FP (5 FP a day) by having 10 of them inside and longer playing players have many more.

DeletedUser111907

Apologies I copied it over from another document I wrote it on and somehow missed the section on GB levels. :-)
The mechanics of how many fp's and how many goods to construct etc I will leave for Inno to work out if this ever gains any momentum :-)
Thanks for the response though, my first attempt at a proposal so all comments are welcomed :-)

Don't you think it would be OP if it could store terrace farms? Imagine it producing 300 goods a day (8 hour production of 10 goods) or 50 FP (5 FP a day) by having 10 of them inside and longer playing players have many more.

In just a very short while top players already have their Krakens up over level 40 - Just what we need a major game changer to really speed up the leveling process. Gb's with a 100 sok's & a 100 terrace farms tucked away in them - lol.

Hmm, sounds good doesn't it!

DeletedUser107476

In just a very short while top players already have their Krakens up over level 40 - Just what we need a major game changer to really speed up the leveling process. Gb's with a 100 sok's & a 100 terrace farms tucked away in them - lol.

The OP never suggested SOK's and Terrace Farms that was Test's suggestion afterwards.

DeletedUser111589

I agree having building that could store ritual flames and watchtowers could be good. I don't agree with buildings that could store terrace farms and SoKs that's why I implied on them being OP while quoting Test Ament.

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

I like the idea and it would be up to the Devs to consider balance and penalitie issues. In any case I am really tired of looking at all the watch towers, victory towers and at some point it will be the same for the ritual flames - since there is not option to chain them like creating a wall (I have been working on a visual and idea for that) but I find this idea better all together. Till OF came the watch towers, in particular, was not visually in line with anything above Industrial Era - A real eye bug for those who are actually also enjoying the city building aprt of this game.

Surely for this idea some solutions have to be found on how to level the GBs for adding more towers to them. What should the costs be, FP´s, Diamonds ?!? or would it simply add some space for the amount of expansions in the city. So when adding a new expansion the GB would get a few more slots for the towers.

It could also be considered to open the use for Promethium and Orichallum as a payment metood, but that would leave out the option for players that do not yet have the docs to gather these resources. On the other hand those that have these extensions properly have played so long that its fair to expect that they have a certain amount of the Towers in mention here.

All just suggestive...

It must be considered that Expansions in general is a major part of the FoE trigger to buy diamonds - which is important for an otherwise free to play game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111907

My thoughts were that each level the GB gains it opens the ability to add another x amount of flames or towers so level one allows 5 to be added, level 2 allows another 3 to be added, so on and so forth. This would give people the ability to use what they have in their inventories and don't have room for as things stand at the moment. The other benefits as I see it is that it allows for further development as the game develops and grows, doesn't affect the current balance of the game and gives players what they are always asking for without actually changing the size of the footprint of the currently available city expansions.
Win, win on all fronts for both Inno and us as I see it :-)

DeletedUser110117

+1
Gwillim this is a great idea, and I like the idea of both very much. The Flame could resemble a bonfire, and the Tower could look like several of the victory towers stacked together like legos to form a bigger one. @ Galladhom I have a guild mate that says higher level players don't even have victory towers, I disagree with that assesment.

DeletedUser108047

+1 to the OP
Well thought out idea that addresses game sustainabilty on a number of levels
The trick will be in getting the balance right so that the GBs are not just dumping grounds for hundreds of Victory Towers and Watchfires. Currently players have to make a strategic choice between using the towers or leaving them out of their city. Perhaps Inno can work out what the average number of squares taken by players for these items and make sure that the GB footprint is bigger than that to make sure that it doesn't change the basic approach to play too muchi

Agent327

Overlord
Idea does not take into account the fast majority of players that are at the end of the game and building up their GB's in recordtime. Medals they have plenty, so no victory towers there. So they will bring up the Flame in record time, stuff it full with watchfires and flames and become invincible.

DeletedUser107476

Idea does not take into account the fast majority of players that are at the end of the game and building up their GB's in recordtime. Medals they have plenty, so no victory towers there. So they will bring up the Flame in record time, stuff it full with watchfires and flames and become invincible.
The Arc and The Kraken already do that. This allows smaller players to gain space for other buildings they would not normally of been able to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.