• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Fix the game on android devices so that when a user locks there device the playr is logged out of the game

Maikeru

Private
This has to be the most annoying thing ever atm where if someone was in the battlegrounds map and say left their phone on the side to go get a drink and their phone locks or tablet they then come back unlock the game and the game is still active on the map and the map does not update at all from this. It means that sector in battlegrounds are then taken by mistake/dropped by players who have not come out of the map to go back into it which has been the main suggestion from the fault team when i suggested this to them. Not being funny but we are only human we do forget to do things and often leaving your mobile device to go off and do whatever you need to do your mind is on the task at hand and not did you exit the battlegrounds map and when you come back to the game did you exit the battlegrounds map also.

I implore you please when the screen device locks on an android device please disconnect the game at the same time or change the timing of inactivity foe a player to remain signed in for to like 15 seconds of which it then signs the player out the game.

Its beyond unfair that we have to constantly post the same things in our guilds over and over and send pm's because you can't implement something so small. Just change the inactivity time of staying logged into the game so people can farm or fight how they wish to in GBG as one mistake can set back everything you have done if fighting or farming and its really starting to annoy me now hence the essay.

There is no way we are the only guild feeling this and players and guilds then quarrel because of something so small that will make such a big difference to our ability to be in control of our games as players. We spend countless hours fighting or farming in battlegrounds as guilds and we have to look at every angle while wondering when the next drop will be because the map does not update on an android device after locking for say 3 minutes then logging back in the game pens to exactly where you left it.

Please fix this.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Why can't you take the ownership of your own problem and just refresh or log out/in when you come back to your mobile device and see that your device has locked out? That is a purely player issue - not a programming issue. If you cannot take a couple seconds to refresh your own device after being locked, then you completely deserve what you get. Other players can get locked out too if they are just observing their city, or watching a certain thread - why should they get punished with a disconnet just because some silly player(s) is too lazy to refresh their own device/game.

Forwandert

Major-General
You can adjust the amount of time till the screen locks on android. Maybe suggest that to the thirsty teammate?

I don't want logging out of the game everytime I lock my phone.

It also sounds a little like your trying to hold sectors for swapping which although a tactic to enhance rewards on gbg and isn't an issue, pretty sure farming wasn't the initial intended way of playing gbg. So won't have been factored into the way gbg plays with devices.

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
This is not a bug, as this aspect of the game is currently functioning as designed.

Maikeru

Private
Why can't you take the ownership of your own problem and just refresh or log out/in when you come back to your mobile device and see that your device has locked out? That is a purely player issue - not a programming issue. If you cannot take a couple seconds to refresh your own device after being locked, then you completely deserve what you get. Other players can get locked out too if they are just observing their city, or watching a certain thread - why should they get punished with a disconnet just because some silly player(s) is too lazy to refresh their own Lmao your response is EXACTLY what I am talking about and why it is NOT a player issue but a game issue. Watching threads okay that’s a new one and observing your city 9 times out of 10 you would not just sit in once place but move around it. I find your comment laughable and clearly you’re just looking to pick a fight. People make mistakes i am sure you have made plenty. Lastly if folks are against the app locking after a period of inactivity why don't they th
Lmao your response is EXACTLY what I am talking about and why it is NOT a player issue but a game issue. Watching threads okay that’s a new one and observing your city 9 times out of 10 you would not just sit in once place but move around it. I find your comment laughable and clearly you’re just looking to pick a fight. People make mistakes i am sure you have made plenty. Lastly if folks are against the app locking after a period of inactivity why don't they then just make the map refresh when the device is locked and then unlocked again then? That to much for you?

Maikeru

Private
This is not a bug, as this aspect of the game is currently functioning as desig
This is not a bug, as this aspect of the game is currently functioning as designed.
Okay let me start a new post then as i am assuming nothing will happen with this one if it is not seen as a bug correct? How about you implement that when a device is unlocked on the map where a player was tha the map updates rather than going off the map to come back into it? Again humans make mistakes and this will happen at some point to anyone who plays the game on an android device at some point. It is killing all the hard work players put into the maps to fight or farm um and is clearly a problem that needs addressing. Or you could implemnet that the map update refresh rate happens say every 30 seconds that will at least tackle the issue.