• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Fitting rectangular buildings "both"ways.

DeletedUser15629

I think it would make a very sensible idea to be able to spin rectangular buildings through 90 degrees to fit them to a plot that is the "wrong" way round.
ie. 2/3 - 3/2 ; 3/4 - 4/3 ; 3/5 - 5/3

In the real world building engineers don't have to build the building the wrong way round if they are holding the plans up the wrong way!

DeletedUser

See the bottom of this op here

Also challenge part aside, if you think about it, it doesn't make sense resource wise(it's beautiful pixel art not 3d objects)

DeletedUser15629

I can see your point about adding more to the challenge, but only in the sense of a childish jig-saw. But the real reason, I suggest, is that the developers don't have the resources, or the inclination maybe.

DeletedUser

I can see your point about adding more to the challenge, but only in the sense of a childish jig-saw. But the real reason, I suggest, is that the developers don't have the resources, or the inclination maybe.

It's more that some players don't have the resources: Providing rotated versions of all buildings would increase the volume of graphic assets (and hence memory usage) by 50% or more. FoE is already quite high on that spec and we want to make the game available to as many users as possible (without compromising on the quality).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser6838

It's more that some players don't have the resources: Providing rotated versions of all buildings would increase the volume of graphic assets (and hence memory usage) by 50% or more. FoE is already quite high on that spec and we want to make the game available to as many users as possible (without compromising on the quality).

Regards,

Anwar
Doubt it, graphic card has nothing to do with it, people are having problems with flashplayer crashes not graphic cards. FoE doesn't use some high-tech graphics to run the game.

DeletedUser8813

In the real world building engineers don't have to build the building the wrong way round if they are holding the plans up the wrong way!

in the real world the dynamics of a city are constantly changing to suit the need of the city new buildings new roads new infrastructure .
so no i think it is a good move the old style city dies and the new style dawns just as they did in real life

DeletedUser

@vexeen, I don't think you understood what he said or for that matter have a basic understanding of how it works. However please doubt away ...

DeletedUser

Why is this discussion still going on? It's never going to happen.

Do NOT suggest the following Ideas :
(They have already been suggested)
The Community Manager Team; said:
These ideas will not be implemented:

• Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).

DeletedUser

Why is this discussion still going on? It's never going to happen.

Do NOT suggest the following Ideas :
(They have already been suggested)
The Community Manager Team; said:
These ideas will not be implemented:

• Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).

Indeed, ideas proposing easier ways to place buildings should not be proposed.
For future reference, please take a look at the Ideas previously suggested thread and make use of the idea template, please. :)
Thread closed.