• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

First City newb tips based on real mistakes

As my sig says I've made a few; after nearly six months so I thought a thread to warn others might be a good idea.
Most of what you should do has been said many times by other posters, however, please add your own tips here:

For combat players, the first thing to realise and the quickest way to help your guild in GVG is to build up a strong army which doesn't happen until the end of the age you are in.
The Iron age is the first viable PVP age so it is a great choice for winning GVG because rushing into next age means your army has to combat the stronger troops so take your time.
*Don't get ahead of yourself by negotiating map sectors too fast because your army will be left behind and fail against the next age troops.
It's also a good age to have a diamond farm/ 2nd City where you can benefit from the low-cost starter package that incl quests x75 diamonds for 7 days which can then be used across all your Cities.
*Build up and place as many expansions as you can early because they are much more expensive or require more medals/ diamonds in later ages.
So having more than one city is really worthwhile and gives you more to do while your main city awaits productions etc.

Those are my current tips/thoughts, go ahead and please add yours......what would/did you do in your second city based on what you learned in your first?

Powe

Brigadier-General
As my sig says I've made a few; after nearly six months so I thought a thread to warn others might be a good idea.
Most of what you should do has been said many times by other posters, however, please add your own tips here:

For combat players, the first thing to realise and the quickest way to help your guild in GVG is to build up a strong army which doesn't happen until the end of the age you are in.
The Iron age is the first viable PVP age so it is a great choice for winning GVG because rushing into next age means your army has to combat the stronger troops so take your time.
*Don't get ahead of yourself by negotiating map sectors too fast because your army will be left behind and fail against the next age troops.
It's also a good age to have a diamond farm/ 2nd City where you can benefit from the low-cost starter package that incl quests x75 diamonds for 7 days which can then be used across all your Cities.
*Build up and place as many expansions as you can early because they are much more expensive or require more medals/ diamonds in later ages.
So having more than one city is really worthwhile and gives you more to do while your main city awaits productions etc.

Those are my current tips/thoughts, go ahead and please add yours......what would/did you do in your second city based on what you learned in your first?
What I should have done was focused on getting certain daily specials in events. Now, about a few of your tips.
I had a strong CA army before I reached CA.
I have defeated units an age ahead with no losses on autobattle, and my A/D is low.

What I should have done was focused on getting certain daily specials in events. Now, about a few of your tips.
I had a strong CA army before I reached CA.
I have defeated units an age ahead with no losses on autobattle, and my A/D is low.

We are all different and can progress at different speeds especially if you pay for extra diamond and aids.
Yes agree good newb tip; completing events and dailies are very important, the event rewards alone can make a big difference!

Powe

Brigadier-General
We are all different and can progress at different speeds especially if you pay for extra diamond and aids.
Yes agree good newb tip; completing events and dailies are very important, the event rewards alone can make a big difference!
I have only paid for diamonds once.