• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Finish now" buttons improved behavior [to avoid accident clicks and blocking]

• Thread starter DeletedUser116082
  • Start date

DeletedUser116082

Problem #1

For last few days twice I've encountered situation when you put a building in order to complete quest, then select SELL tool to sell it, click on the building, confirmation popup appears, you click YES and... lose diamonds for quick building structure you don't even need. Why? Here's what happens:

1. You place building and select SELL tool.
2. You set mouse pointer on the building you want to sell.
3. The exact time you click the building - "Finish Now" button appears above building and you click right there (you don't even notice that).
4. You see some confirmation popup and as you expected it to appear, you just click OK to sell building without knowing it's another kind of confirmation.

What's wrong here: when you select SELL tool - all "Finish Now" buttons must be hidden. And they are but only if you select SELL after these buttons appeared. And if you select SELL tool before "Finish Now" button appeared - it will ignore your active tool and show button after a small delay.

Problem #2

When you zoom out your village (city, whatever) and place buildings one after another (let's say, town houses) then eventually "Finish Now" button blocks area where you want to place next building and it's impossible to deploy it unless you zoom in.

Decision:

First of all it is necessary to prevent "Finish Now" buttons from popping up if SELL tool is active. The second problem can be solved either by offsetting "Finish Now" button or by making it transparent for clicks when you're placing a building.

Agent327

Overlord
4. You see some confirmation popup and as you expected it to appear, you just click OK to sell building without knowing it's another kind of confirmation.

And who's problem is that?

First of all it is necessary to prevent "Finish Now" buttons from popping up if SELL tool is active. The second problem can be solved either by offsetting "Finish Now" button or by making it transparent for clicks when you're placing a building.

Why? What's your rush that you can not wait a few seconds?

DeletedUser111359

Problem #2

When you zoom out your village (city, whatever) and place buildings one after another (let's say, town houses) then eventually "Finish Now" button blocks area where you want to place next building and it's impossible to deploy it unless you zoom in.

Decision:

Actually, as long as you are paying attention to how you place the new stuff, the finish now button won't be in the way at all. If you start adding at the bottom/right, and move away from that point, this will never, ever be an issue.

DeletedUser116082

Obviously that's a problem of players. Who play this game. Simple, yeah?
Why? Erm... I don't even know what to say. Imagine that if you insert your key immediately after you close the door - it will give you an electric shock. And then I will ask you the same question.

DeletedUser116082

Actually, as long as you are paying attention to how you place the new stuff, the finish now button won't be in the way at all. If you start adding at the bottom/right, and move away from that point, this will never, ever be an issue.
Not true. It blocks area where I need to click very often.

Agent327

Overlord
Obviously that's a problem of players. Who play this game. Simple, yeah?

No. I play this game. It has never been a problem for me.

Why? Erm... I don't even know what to say. Imagine that if you insert your key immediately after you close the door - it will give you an electric shock. And then I will ask you the same question.

And I will tell you I am smart enough to wait next time.

Not true. It blocks area where I need to click very often.

It is true. You are in such a hurry that you even never noticed, so who is the problem here?

Whose problem? If you hit the godamn sell button then why do you get the confirmation for finish now? I don't want to finish the damn building if I use the sell button, I want to sell it.

Do we have to state the reason which makes us be in a hurry? What kind of a stupid question is this?

Agent327

Overlord
If you hit the godamn sell button then why do you get the confirmation for finish now?

Cause that's what happens in the first seconds. Is that to long tio wait? Do you get less if you wait 10 seconds?

Do we have to state the reason which makes us be in a hurry?

No you don't, cause there isn't a good reason. If an extra minute is to much for you, you should just quit. Nothing is this game can be done in a rush.

Cause that's what happens in the first seconds. Is that to long tio wait? Do you get less if you wait 10 seconds?

No you don't, cause there isn't a good reason. If an extra minute is to much for you, you should just quit. Nothing is this game can be done in a rush.

Time investment in this game was never a problem for me, I invest way more than just several hours a day, a lot of which goes to diamond farming. During the last event I wasted over 200 diamonds like this, pressed the sell button and I got the finish now pop up, I never would have thought it works like this and confirmed 2 or more times in a row, don't even remember. Yes I confirmed without reading but who would have thought that sell button would bring up finish now option? Regardless if it's the first several seconds or not.

Workaround for this is to place the building so that it's not connected to the road, then you can sell it without waiting, that's my advice to the poster and everyone else.

DeletedUser110131

Nobody has to give you any reason for anything, 327. If they're in a rush, then they're in a rush. You don't get to approve or disapprove their rush. For most, though, it's simply the habit of doing things fast and efficiently, without needless delay. In user interface design, making this possible is supposed to be the primary purpose, and people are used to software following rules that enable it.

No. I play this game. It has never been a problem for me.
I'm sure you're a very important person, 327, but you're not plural. The fact that it's not a problem for you doesn't mean that it's not a problem for players.

Nothing is this game can be done in a rush.
Which is an excellent reason for not having needless delays, don't you think? If it's not integral to the game, definitely not of any use, a nuisance to (some) players, bordering on a scam, and can be fixed with some very few lines of code, not fixing it would be pretty foolish, don't you think?

Agent327

Overlord
Time investment in this game was never a problem for me, I invest way more than just several hours a day, a lot of which goes to diamond farming. During the last event I wasted over 200 diamonds like this, pressed the sell button and I got the finish now pop up, I never would have thought it works like this and confirmed 2 or more times in a row, don't even remember. Yes I confirmed without reading but who would have thought that sell button would bring up finish now option? Regardless if it's the first several seconds or not.

Those that can not place the second building in a hurry because of the diamond option popping up.

Workaround for this is to place the building so that it's not connected to the road, then you can sell it without waiting, that's my advice to the poster and everyone else.

So you learned and found a workaround. You did not run to Inno.

Nobody has to give you any reason for anything, 327. If they're in a rush, then they're in a rush. You don't get to approve or disapprove their rush. For most, though, it's simply the habit of doing things fast and efficiently, without needless delay. In user interface design, making this possible is supposed to be the primary purpose, and people are used to software following rules that enable it.

I do however get to approve or disapprove their proposal and since they almost always like to hear the reason why I will tell mine.

I'm sure you're a very important person, 327, but you're not plural. The fact that it's not a problem for you doesn't mean that it's not a problem for players.

You should point your arrows in a different direction. Because it is a problem for the OP, it does not mean it is a problem for players. He brings in the "plural". I just answer him.

Which is an excellent reason for not having needless delays, don't you think?

Does it look like I do?????

If it's not integral to the game, definitely not of any use, a nuisance to (some) players, bordering on a scam, and can be fixed with some very few lines of code, not fixing it would be pretty foolish, don't you think?

Ah, the few lines of code again. Why not apply for the job? I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110131

I do however get to approve or disapprove their proposal and since they almost always like to hear the reason why I will tell mine.
I'm pretty sure you don't.

You should point your arrows in a different direction. Because it is a problem for the OP, it does not mean it is a problem for players. He brings in the "plural". I just answer him.
For OP to be right, only one other player would need to have a problem with it. For you to be right, OP would have to be the only player with the problem. His assumption is considerably more reasonable than yours. Not to mention, his assumption seems to be confirmed in this thread.

Does it look like I do?????
It never does. Yet, I'm in the habit of assuming that people think. I'll try to shake it, when it comes to you.

Ah, the few lines of code again. Why not apply for the job? I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.
My mistake. I should've written "one or less lines of code".
Problem 1: This is a matter of a simple if..then.. test. If the sell tool is active, then skip the display of the "finish now" button. That's one line.
Problem 2: To move the display of the "finish now" button, simply alter the parameters for where to display it. That's less than one line. Making it transparent is just barely more work.

Thank you for the suggestion. However, if I wanted the job, I already would have, don't you think? Oh, right. You don't.

Agent327

Overlord
I'm pretty sure you don't.

- 1 just did.
Might not result into what I want, but I sure can.

For OP to be right, only one other player would need to have a problem with it. For you to be right, OP would have to be the only player with the problem. His assumption is considerably more reasonable than yours. Not to mention, his assumption seems to be confirmed in this thread.

So is mine to those that can read.

It never does. Yet, I'm in the habit of assuming that people think. I'll try to shake it, when it comes to you.

That's the difference here. You always get this need to start insulting and make it personal. I don't need that, so keep trying, you might succeed.

My mistake. I should've written "one or less lines of code".
Problem 1: This is a matter of a simple if..then.. test. If the sell tool is active, then skip the display of the "finish now" button. That's one line.
Problem 2: To move the display of the "finish now" button, simply alter the parameters for where to display it. That's less than one line. Making it transparent is just barely more work.

Problem 3: You bring this up all the time. Why don't you do the work if it is that little effort?

Thank you for the suggestion. However, if I wanted the job, I already would have, don't you think? Oh, right. You don't.

Wow, another insult. You are going strong.

And no, I don't think you would get the job, cause you would not have what it takes to apply for it.

DeletedUser110131

- 1 just did.
Might not result into what I want, but I sure can.
No, you didn't. You just disapproved of the proposal. You didn't disapprove the proposal. That tiny preposition can make quite the difference.

So is mine to those that can read.
No. You're claiming that his statement is false; that it's not a problem for players. Two players having a problem with it proves him right and you wrong. If your claim had been that it's a non-problem for players, you might have had an argument; for several players, it's a non-problem. I can attest to that, since I don't have a problem with it. That makes two of us.

That's the difference here. You always get this need to start insulting and make it personal. I don't need that, so keep trying, you might succeed.
What insult? I'm just going along with you.

Problem 3: You bring this up all the time. Why don't you do the work if it is that little effort?
That would be illegal. At a minimum, I would have to de-compile the client, alter it, and then distribute the altered version. Depending on the jurisdiction, one, two, or all of those will be crimes.

That's not to mention the mess that de-compiled code typically is, lacking all formatting and comments. Of course, I could hack into their system (or, at least, try), and download the source code, with the formatting and comments. That would add another crime, though.

Unlike Inno, I would also have to circumvent the official client.

I don't think I bring it (programming) up "all the time". However, when it seems relevant whether or not something would be a small alteration or a major undertaking, and I happen to know, I share. We can't all specialize in your kind of pointless acerbic comments.

Wow, another insult. You are going strong.
Still not an insult. Just going with your flow.

And no, I don't think you would get the job, cause you would not have what it takes to apply for it.
Here's little nut for you to crack your teeth on
You: Why not apply for the job?
Me: If I wanted the job, I already would have.

What am I saying I already would have? Is it "the job" or "applied"?

Exactly what it takes to apply, that you think I don't have, is somewhat unclear. After all, anyone can apply for anything. If you mean formal qualifications, I could truthfully tell you that you're wrong. However, that's beside the point. I haven't said anything that would require you to trust my qualifications. These are simple things, and mostly self-explanatory, once they've been pointed out. For instance, I doubt that anyone failed to understand the point about the if...then... test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
In case anyone was wondering, the instant build diamond option only appears if the building is connected to a road. No road, no diamond build

Also if you select sell (desktop) all sell icons that were displayed disappear.

DeletedUser111359

Also if you select sell (desktop) all sell icons that were displayed disappear.

Not necessarily. I think that if you click sell before the sell icon appears, it will still show.

I've rushed building a few times before. And then I shrugged, and moved on.