• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Finish battle automatically" button confirmation

DeletedUser17526

Hello,

Suggestion :
You should add a yes/no prompt to the "finish battle automatically" button which is right beside the surrender button on the battle screen. Accidentally clicked it and lost my entire attacking army just now, very frustrating. Easily fixable issue!

Thanks for providing a good game.
All the best

DeletedUser7719

The problem is that a lot of PE, 150% boosters (like me) mainly use the autocombat on most of their neighborhood runs, and if there was a confirmation button, it would get them irritated, BUT I remember I actually wanted something like this back then since I sometimes accidentally click on the autocombat when I was reaching for the surrender (same story as you I see :p).

Solution: make a setting where you can toggle on/off the confirmation of the autocombat and/or surrender button.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

i have done it in reverse accidentally more than once - revealed a weak defense, so intended to press autocombat and surrended instead - very embarrassing and waste of pvp points!

DeletedUser16026

Solution: make a setting where you can toggle on/off the confirmation of the autocombat and/or surrender button.

I think that'd be the best option. Just like there's the option to toggle on/off diamond purchase confirmation, there can be an option to place or remove confirmation for autobattle or surrender. Personally I'd keep them separate, as for example I'd like a confirmation on surrender but not on autobattle.

DeletedUser

I would rather have Attack -> Autocombat -> Results placed even closer together :D

DeletedUser15432

I do not use the auto combat button, so I think this is a waste of space

DeletedUser109708

I came here to suggest this. In the past couple of days for some reason I accidentally hit the auto-battle button twice in GE. Nothing quite like the torture of watching the deaths of all eight of your soldiers to an inferior army, completely powerless to retake control or surrender.

I would suggest making the auto-battle button a toggle. If I click it once and auto-battle starts, I should be able to click a second time to end the battle. Since I never intentionally use auto-battle, this would help me a lot. I also imagine some people who use auto-battle would love to be able to retake control if things are not going well.

Vesiger

Monarch
The mobile version has always had a confirmation warning on the autobattle and surrender options - no one has ever complained about this feature that I know of!

DeletedUser110752

This seems to be a heated topic due to a number of high-level players using auto-battle a lot of times each day. These guys really don't need to be adding clicks to an already laborious and repetitive task!

However, this is still an issue for many players who lose all their units through inadvertantly hitting Auto rather than surrender.

For me, the most elegant solution is to allow Auto-battle mode to be switched in or out like cruise control or an automatic pilot. If the battle gets dicy, then we can take over to minimise losses. Just like, at the moment, we can hit auto-battle halfway through if it is a slam dunk...

The other obvious move would be relocate the Auto Battle button away from the surrender button (also make it bigger and paint it red!)

The least elegant, but still viable, solution would be to use the check box similar to the App vs. but to allow us to turn it off in the settings should we not need it.

Please can we finish this debate and get the developers to consider at least one of these ideas?? I lost big last week due to a dodgy track pad on my new Windows laptop! All my cannons and rogues gone in one hit... Not good.