• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Finding the rules.

Do you want that popup message?

• No

• Yes, preferably upon second login.

• Yes, preferably upon first use of the message center.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser113901

Proposal: Force new players to read the game rules when starting before they can keep playing.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes I checked haven't found anything.

Reason: It took me a few months to find the game rules. On browser they are hidden in the "the game" colapsed-by-default menu of the login menu, wich is small and in the opposite corner to the login button. On mobile they are not even there, and you have to search them on your browser. I notice many minor rule breaches, and when I message them before reporting the usual answer is "I didn't know about the rules".

Details: Upon second login, or when attempting to access the message center , wich will flash, for the first time, a popup message will apear showing the rules. Player will have to scroll down and push a "read and agreed" button.

Visual Aids: I don't have.

Balance: n.a.

Abuse Prevention: n.a.

Summary: upon 2nd login/ 1st attempt to use message center, a new player receives the rules as a popup message and has to read them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

The game rules, can barely be found atm, like if Inno hides them. A way to find them is on right side of forum main page, another way is to go find them hidden somewhere on browser main menu's side scroll down menus. You're expected to follow them yet you can barely find them if you look for them.

Galladhorn

Monarch
FoE game rules.

Okay, sorry but that is -1 from me.

- because the game is controlled by the provider and only a few places in the game can rules be violated – and that all has to do with communication.
Most Guilds already have their rules stated and for those that do not have it – well they have the option to add them. In fact I have never even seen or observed something like the Rules being violetated. But if someone was out if it, using profound language or herassing someone in chat or similar things I would simply contact, support or for my own personal case Just hit the Ignore button.

Any hacker will already know they are breaking the rules and/ot the law.

Secondary I have now been living in Germany for +8 Years – And Germans love rules and long descriptions – but a contemporary game should simply be easy to access – The frame in which the game is being played should be strong enough that no Game rules can be violated/broken - except for those mentioned above concerning communication.

But perhaps it would help if you can describe a little more specifically what rules that you see being broken often.
– I will wait casting my vote before I know more. Cheers

DeletedUser113901

But perhaps it would help if you can describe a little more specifically what rules that you see being broken often.
– I will wait casting my vote before I know more. Cheers
-minor push. Many give some FPs to a leadership member guildmate to please him when they join guild. Not many usually, 5 or so, but still push.
-Some language/swear words rules. Often many say light swear words or words in another language. Without reading the rules they can't find, they don't know where is the border and might feel they talking ok while they can break a rule, they are quite strict when it comes to real life or to the rules, more than many imagine. I admire your natural politeness but there are things that may be obvious to some and not to others.
I think we all have breached the rules at least once without noticing, let's at least make it less frequent.

Galladhorn

Monarch
-minor push. Many give some FPs to a leadership member guildmate to please him when they join guild. Not many usually, 5 or so, but still push.
-Some language/swear words rules. Often many say light swear words or words in another language. Without reading the rules they can't find, they don't know where is the border and might feel they talking ok while they can break a rule, they are quite strict when it comes to real life or to the rules, more than many imagine. I admire your natural politeness but there are things that may be obvious to some and not to others.
I think we all have breached the rules at least once without noticing, let's at least make it less frequent.

Okay Bradtype – but I can only say that I never really noticed many (Maybe I did not pay much attention or considered it a problem) apart from a few swearing in **** form.

– but hard for me to come around. In my home country they have even now included some words that for only about 15 years ago was regarded swearing, but now figures as part of the langauge and these has been included in the offcicial dictionaries.

Many people swear in their langauge, particular when amongst trusted freinds – if that is a cultural downgrade or an intelectual reduction or not I do not want to judge. I think it depends on the situaiton and/or if a person just swears because of missing better words or having a limited vocalbulary or as a single expression of some frutration in that particualr moment. Some people are religious and for them it is a sin to swear, for others it there is no exact harm in the words – only in the way and to whom which they are bing uttered. In this game I have only noticed little of that sort and it has mostly been as an expression of (I did not win this or similar).

If a person swear all the time, then properly the person has some real problem of some kind - I think the rules of just one free game will not make much of a difference to him or her.

In FoE I have almost never seen it in the Guild threads. I once made a Burst out of frustration and was immidiatley notified by the guild leaders that they would not accept it (Accepted and Apologized).

If such a pop up should be default I would just wish that it could be made in combination with showing people where the various Chats are – because I still connect with players that never knew that these 3 chat rooms exsisted – that is after years of play. And my reluctance is as mentioned above that of "the German formalistic way with such things" - I´d really dislike seeing this to much in a game that essentially should be fun.

Another option could be to implement the most essesntial parts it in the load screens from time to time – "Profanity, swearing, trolling etc" is not accepted in this game and against the basic rules". We still think you can have fun bla bla."
- But I would not wish to see it too often either, particular if is not a major problem.

DeletedUser113901

And probably many accounts get played by more than one person. Just saying there are rules we have to follow, if we nearly can't read them it can be tricky at times.
About that, imagine you start a game without any rules. You start it with your child/parent/partner because you think it is legitimate, it is in many other games and there are no rules. You play, untill one day you say how you play to someone, get reported and banned after investing money in the game, according to rules wich you couldn't know about.This is something that could happen, and it would really make me angry if it happened to me.
This is a popup that would take about 2m to read once in the game, and about 1s to skip if this is not your first world. It could solve many rule breaches and let the mods focus on more important breaches.
Finally I think they wouldn't have bothered writing rules and creating a corp of mods to apply them if nobody needed them to act properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

I’m neutral. So neither - or + at the moment.

It would be brilliant if every player did read the rules. Though most of them that we have (language, multi accounts, etc) are pretty common sense these days, unless you’ve only just jumped into the world of gaming a few days ago. As a community we clearly want everyone to play fairly and treat each other with respect.

On the other hand, we also shouldn’t really put people off playing by making them personally feel that they are being monitored by a police state. The game is supposed to be a fun place to relax and unwind, escape the realities of life for a bit. Not to be pressured into worrying about being banned if they make the slightest of errors.

There are always going to be some particular people who you can show the rules all you like, but, even if you tattoo the rules onto their forehead so they see them in the mirror each morning, will still break them.
There are also people who join the game and take the time to carefully read the rules with the intention to follow them, but maybe later down the line becomes angry with someone who plundered their event building two days in a row and threatens them with real-life harm, which is not acceptable under any circumstances.
Murder is illegal and everyone with two brain cells knows that - but it doesn’t stop them from doing it.

So I’m neutral. It would be nice for everyone to read them. But even if they do read them, that doesn’t mean they’re going to follow them, whether they intended to or not.

Galladhorn

Monarch
±
...I remain neutral on this as well.

– Only if this could somehow be presented in a less "Rules Way" I would be for it.

DeletedUser112892

One big +1, especially because of players who complain about having campers with much bigger attack boost than their defence boost, and because of those who complain about players who "blackmail" them to put some FPs in specific GB to avoid being plundered.

Shad23

Emperor
You start it with your child/parent/partner because you think it is legitimate,
it is legitimate if you warn suport that in your household there are more then one who plays the game ,and each player plays from his own session you can each child ,partner , parent have each your citys without being banned

DeletedUser113901

it is legitimate if you warn suport that in your household there are more then one who plays the game ,and each player plays from his own session you can each child ,partner , parent have each your citys without being banned
You're right but to know you have to contact the game support and you can't work on a single account you need to read the rules, wich currently are pretty good at hiding from newbies searching for them.:hide: