• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Find Building

Should there be a search function to highlight the location of a building?

• yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

DeletedUser117959

Proposal
Create a Find dialog enabling us to locate specific building(s).

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
No similar threads found.

Reason
To enable players to locate specific building(s) in their city, e.g. those which may be hidden between larger buildings.

Details
Present a (drop-down) list of all buildings currently built and if the player selects one then highlight all those.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
None foreseen.

DeletedUser117959

just move the building you think it is hidden behind.
If you are trying to find a building you may not know where it is!!! For example if you are updating all your roads some old ones may be hidden where you have forgotten them! Moving all buildings which may have a road behind isn't very user-friendly :)

Shad23

Emperor
would be great ,Find dialog could show building while it could hide rest of buildings in background so you see only the ones your looking for

Agent327

Overlord
If you are trying to find a building you may not know where it is!!! For example if you are updating all your roads some old ones may be hidden where you have forgotten them! Moving all buildings which may have a road behind isn't very user-friendly :)

Then you use Reconstruction Mode.

There are better things the devs can do.

DeletedUser117959

Maybe your objections are about how to allocate development time rather than what is a good idea! You can always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, much as you can use Reconstuction Mode to find a piece of road! :)

Agent327

Overlord
Maybe your objections are about how to allocate development time rather than what is a good idea! You can always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut, much as you can use Reconstuction Mode to find a piece of road! :)

How on earth can this be a good idea?

If you highlight a piece of road, hidden by a building you still would not be able to see it.

DeletedUser117959

If that is your opinion you are entitled to it. I fundamentally disagree and I am entitled to my own opinion.

Agent327

Overlord
If that is your opinion you are entitled to it. I fundamentally disagree and I am entitled to my own opinion.

Ofcourse you are, but since this is presented as an idea I can be against it and argue why.

This might be helpfull to you, but it does not make the game any better. Game is about 8 years old. Players have been able to cope without it for all that time. It is not really a game changer. There is more than one way to solve it. Reconstruction mode is one. Another is to pick the latest road and try to place it. You can not replace the latest with the latest. You can replace old parts with it. Problem solved.

Roads are there to connect buildings to your town hall. In later ages, it becomes totally unimportant what type of roads you use. Using roads for happiness will be outdated, so what it comes down to is that this will be usefull in small cities. In small cities, you really do not need it.

Shad23

Emperor
being able to colect while in reconstruction mode would help colect the 1 by 1 buildings hiden behind buildings , add to that posibility to sell and add buildings while in reconstruction and reconstruction mode would be perfect to fix a few issues and make game a bit more user-friendly

Agent327

Overlord
being able to colect while in reconstruction mode would help colect the 1 by 1 buildings hiden behind buildings , add to that posibility to sell and add buildings while in reconstruction and reconstruction mode would be perfect to fix a few issues and make game a bit more user-friendly

That has absolutely nothing to do with this idea.

Shad23

Emperor
That has absolutely nothing to do with this idea.
Agent do you read befor answeing
Reason
To enable players to locate specific building(s) in their city, e.g. those which may be hidden between larger buildings.
he's asking for somthing to find hiden buildings in his city who are hiden by other buildings why do you think he wants to find em and how is my coment off subject if it saulves his problem ?:

Agent327

Overlord
he's asking for somthing to find hiden buildings in his city who are hiden by other buildings why do you think he wants to find em and how is my coment off subject if it saulves his problem ?:

Your comment does not saulve anything. I tell him how he can do it in the curent construction. You are comming up with new ideas that are not part of this idea. New ideas need to be put in a new proposal.

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm pretty sure I have a Tholos of Idols somewhere in my city, but I couldn't find it to confirm - this isn't the first building I've had that experience with, either!
I've resorted to asking my guildmates to search for me...