• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ferris Wheel - could I change between Great Wheel & Wonder Wheel later on?

If I were to win another selection kit in next years event, could I change then from Great Wheel to Wonder Wheel, or is it fixed forever?
Torn between which option to upgrade to - extra FPs are always useful, but my defence boost is already higher than attack boost.
Thanks.

nice2haveu

Corporal
selection kit in next years event, could I change then from Great Wheel to Wonder Wheel
nice thought. if it is mentioned as idea also ended up in DNS but good one to have last level building swap for special event buildings.

But, it is fixed. You cannot change once the building reached it's last level :(

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
There is a limited charge spell, "Contact support". They can change it once for you. Not sure they will do it in several months tho, this option normally works to fix mistakes (e.g. you placed attack wheel and someone explained you that def is better). Still I'd stick with defense option.

Thanks for replies. I haven't made selection yet.....still pondering. TGF, is your advice about defence boost, age specific? Or applicable across all eras? I'm currently IA but moving to EMA shortly.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
If you go to the game Wiki, you will see what the defense boost is for ages. Depending on the building, some are a one value boost no matter the age, and others may increase every age, or every few ages.
In the Wonder Wheel's case, the defense boost increases every 2 or 3 ages.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
TGF, is your advice about defence boost, age specific? Or applicable across all eras? I'm currently IA but moving to EMA shortly.
Lets say there's more variables to that than it seems :)
If you do GvG past HMA, you want defense pretty much always.
If you only care about GBG, starting from certain attack and certain defense you can ignore attack or defense, and that depends on era. Those are pretty high values (300+ or somewhere there), before colonial you want attack after that, after colonial you want defense (well, maybe bring attack to 500-600 once you move past FE).
I doubt you will sit in EMA forever, and that's a long term game. So that's why I'm advising to go with def, fp isn't the last factor as well. And def bonus is simply higher.

Thanks again. Paladiac also makes a good point. Checking the stats, I see defence boost of Wonder Wheel scales slightly more over ages, than attack boost of Great Wheel.