• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Fellowship Event Feedback Thread!

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there everyone. We have an awesome new event coming up - read all about it here and leave your feedback below!

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
There's nothing on the event screen mentioning a tutorial. No, the hand pointing at one of the figures is not a tutorial.

If it is intended that we can't change the Hero until after the so-called tutorial, then there should be something telling us that this is so - for example a message when we click on the hero portrait. Right now it just looks like a bug because nothing happens when we click on the hero portrait, and nothing tells us that this is intended.

Knight of ICE

There's nothing on the event screen mentioning a tutorial. No, the hand pointing at one of the figures is not a tutorial.

If it is intended that we can't change the Hero until after the so-called tutorial, then there should be something telling us that this is so - for example a message when we click on the hero portrait. Right now it just looks like a bug because nothing happens when we click on the hero portrait, and nothing tells us that this is intended.

When you start a new game there is no mention of a tutorial. You get guided through some mandatory moves. Same thing happens in this event and many events before it. Everybody is forced to make the same move and gets the same reward, Once you have done that you can start to play the way you want. That is so with every event.

I'm not usually the one to whinge about the in-game entertainment, but this probably one of the more boring events thus far. So many military-centered prizes and not much else. The epitome of the approach being the building itself, barely anything but defence/attack bonuses. Previous buildings and in-game prizes tended to be much more versatile. And sooooo many "gain <X> happiness" quests!

As someone who barely does any military activities in the game, I feel more and more inclined to just sit this one out.

Chanla

Private
I agree, this event is very boring and mundane. No entertainment value at all. And what is with all the 'gain happiness' tasks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dead-Eye

General
I'm happy with the main prize. Nice bit of att/def and fps. I blew a bunch of diamonds from my farms so I can have 2 of em.

Gofad

Private
This event asks for large gains in happiness every day (30,000 for me) but the rewards are not worth the effort. This event gets a FAIL from me.

ZEN.O

Private
On the concept /ad page when I log into the game every time there is a cat on the roof of the hero’s tavern. That was very cool. I’ve spent a lot of diamond on this event but when I got my hero’s tavern to the max level, there is no cat on the roof, just a dude smoking cigarettes (which btw promotes a very negative message - having a “hero” / role model smoking as we all know the negative health effects of smoking and society on a whole is trying to reduce cigarette smoking). Anyway, having no cat was so disappointing. Was really looking forward to having a cute funky ninja cat on the roof stalking the heroes. Can you pls add the cat as advertised?

Well done FoE Or NOT ☹️

16th City reward is a Heroes Tavern Level 1

Brilliant, thank you. What exactly am I supposed to do with that?

Start another Tavern?

I actually need my last upgrade to reach Level 10. Not much chance of that. Unless, ooh, I buy 2000 diamond's
Which you can't, I'd have to buy 4000 for £50.

Absolutely NO chance of that happening.

Don't suppose that the prize for completing the event is an upgrade ???

Regards to all,

Chris

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Well done FoE Or NOT ☹️

Start another Tavern?
That is EXACTLY what it is for, You may be able to continue on and win another upgrade or two, or buy some on the AD in a year+, or win some more during the seasonal Event next year. Why do you think so many people can have 2+ Ferris Wheels or 2+ Governors Villa etc?
If you do not like the level 1 Tavern - SELL IT - just like any other prize you receive that you do not have a reason to keep.

papashakes

Corporal

Start another Tavern?

I actually need my last upgrade to reach Level 10.
did you use a heroes tavern selection kit to start tavern? I always wait for the level 1 of event building before I start them.. then you have the selection kit as an added upgrade if needed..

if this is what happened contact support and be nice to them they may be able to help you out :)

RichinZhills

Corporal
So the event has been put to sleep this year and I have 16 LvL 10 Heroes Taverns. I had just started two new worlds, one on the US server, and was able to complete the Event on both. Very challenging when you don't have a lot of resources, but the quests were balanced enough that they could be completed. Having the 3 different options for the Hero was a real big bonus. Choosing between a good daily prize or gaining extra ground to get through the entire event was critical in the new worlds. Since I didn't have the bonus box from the previous event, I knew I'd be down one. The extra mile allowed me enough space at the end to pick up the missing piece by completing the 2nd round on the 2nd pass. In the last world, I was only able to pick up the last piece by finishing the entire event.
So I know it's impossible to please all the people all the time, etc, etc... But each player will also have different things they're focusing on and instead of an Event that's generic in a lot of ways, it would be nice to see the "Traveling Companion" choices available in future events. For instance in the Archeology event, maybe the Assistant gives you higher chances of getting tools, pumpkins, portraits, or tablets. So for each event, the player could customize what they want to get out of the event.
And to expand on the Townhall ability to have emissaries and take on additional benefits. Maybe past, present, and future event buildings as well as GB's could also gain "emissary" slots where the owner could assign "building Managers" that added their own bonus to each building. Building Managers might only be those currently available when you complete settlements, but Inno has given new Avatars as rewards, maybe these start coming with a skill set that adds to a building.
Looking down the road, instead of creating all new event buildings, expand the previous year's capabilities. The bonus upgrade now gives you 10 more expansion slots to take you to a level 20 Governor's mansion with a Governor & Assistant slot as an example. The mid-event Governor Assistant slot (male/female/exotic/Settlement emissary) portrait gives additional benefits to the building depending on choice. The completed event Governor (male/female/exotic) increases the building's benefits even more.
So even older Great Buildings that have been deemed by the community as too big, limited, wasteful of space, etc could gain higher regard with emissary/building manager spots. The Oracle could gain a High Priest/Priestess with two assistants and then 5 worshipers. The Seed Vault could gain a master Planter, Expert Gardeners, and Collectors, the Traz would of course have a Warden, Officer of the Guard, and Guards, each building it's own little way of naming the slots. As a side note, maybe each slot has a hiring cost associated with it, so when you drop an Avatar on it, that amount is deducted from your inventory. This would be done through the GB interface where you do your blueprints.
The whole player Avatar scheme could be redone so each portrait has benefits. The first free ones may only have a 1%/2% bonus rating, but then your event avatars go into the 5/10% for mid-event and then 10-20% for completed. So even if players don't want the buildings, they want Avatars that give their buildings a 20% boost.
Anyhow, back to my cities, my Vikings need some TLC...