• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Feedback on Mobile Hud changes

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

Please use this thread for feedback about the changes to the mobile hud views that some will see today! Thank you!

Baldwin4

Private
Hi. I play daily on a Samsung s10 and find that the new icons are too small to be clearly seen. I would be much happier with the old layout as playing the game is harder with the smaller icons and new layout. Why did the developers need to change the layout?

Madmire

Private
My wife, who plays on a smartphone, is so upset about the new tiny menu icons she's threatening to rage quit.

Saccur

Private
The new icons are great! Gives much better, unobstructed view. Some, obviously dislike it.

3 things:
- universal chat button placement is quite awkward. For those that don't participate, the button is useless and in the way
- is there really a need for GBG and GE buttons in the pull-out (right bottom)?
- possible to have option in settings for "small buttons" (current layout) and "large buttons" (previous layout)?

Seer

Private
I do like the fact that messages are now accessible in GE. Like others have expressed things are getting small and difficult to read even with glasses on and the placement makes the screen feel cluttered and crowded. Option to be able to select buttons to have access to and size in settings would be great

Knight of ICE

This is a feedback thread for the new HUD. GE ranking not showing has nothing to do with that.It is a bug that is being dealt with.

The click and drag troop selection when fighting is a "slight" improvement over the previous, however I'd like to see them take things a bit further to improve it.
1) Have the option of not seeing my city defense troops in the bar. I'm currently SAAB, so use mainly Nail Storms to fight and have 8 Nails as my City defense. Mobile only has 1 row of 10 troops showing, so when choosing Nails I have to go over 8 in blue to the right 2 unnattached showing to choose them.

2) Maybe only show 5 of each troop in the bar so you don't have to scroll past 20 to get to the troop you want, so in SAAB for infantry you'd see 5 Drill Rangers and 5 Rogues. Better yet, In the 10 slots you have room for the 5 troop types, then Rogues, Champion etc. Only age that is an issue is Oceanic as it has 10 troops, so scrolling for others would be required unless you could customize the bar to order the troops based on what you use. PC users have a huge advantage when fighting, as they can replace injured or lost troops and start the next fight far quicker than mobile players.

3) Make the mobile troop selection be like the PC version where you just click on an injured troop and it goes to your troop reserves, then just click on the troop to add to your army.

Just some ideas.

This new change means I can no longer play on my hand held devices. The fonts etc are too small for me to see now. That reduces my playing time considerably, because now I have to wait until I am on a computer. It is quite dissapointing really, to not be able to play as much. I started playing on my ipad, because I wanted a game that I could play anytime, anywhere. That is no longer possible for me. I am going to have to abandon a couple of my cities because the reduced playing time I will have will mean I can't keep up now.

Behelit

Private
I was sad to discover today that the HUD is back to what it was. I really enjoyed the new design, as the old one is much more cubic and everything is so big. Reading the comments I understand why Inno reversed the update, that's why I would like to leave a comment myself, to give a positive opinion.

I play on Samsung Galaxy s20+, and I like that the icons were smaller, because I was able to see much more. Only 2 problems I had were:

1) that chat icon often got in the way because of the awkward position on the right side of the screen,

2) and when clicking on the arrow in the bottom right corner to unfold the options, like Great Buildings, the arrow sometimes changed its position 180* and wasn't working until I revisited the world.

Anyway, thank you Inno for a great design, and even though the announcement says that you don't have plans to go back to it, I hope that maybe in the future it will be available again. Maybe in 2 or 3 size options, for people with smaller screens/bigger fingers? The old design is also fine (but worse than the new one, in my opinion). I started playing on mobile last year, and after that, tried FoE on the computer and was very confused at first. Now I play in the browser more often, but I still find the HUD a bit unclear. Would be good to find some changes in the design there, too. Especially icons, which are really mysterious for me. I get use to it of course.. but, you know.

Great work with the new design on mobile and I always welcome new changes in the future. Cheers!

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I also preferred the look and feel of the newer design. It seemed to 'flow' better.
For traders the stock icon at the top was very useful.
Sad to see it go back.
Hopefully a feature whereby we can choose one or the other (or a mixture) will come eventually.

Iran the Red

Private
I preferred the smaller footprint of the new tabs on the screen. Imagine my extreme disappointment to find they changed back to the space eating screen blocking system from the past.
If the fat-fingered, myopic players need the the huge verison give them an option in the settings menu.
Once again EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with the change back.

dimondus

Captain
Reading through comments brings the idea of having 2 layouts: for tablet and for phone. I understand its a lot of work but it would be cool to have one day.