• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Heroic Name

Private
So i open messages....i even mark all as read...and the fricking light still beeps on my bar.....grrrr. why change something that was not broken in the first time? lets dissemble the flo of information to players, so communication becomes harder? ok, lets shall!

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This bug still isnt repaired, but it was already a update....will be in this millenium please ?

"
BUG PC: When you sea or write any message, then in top it shows "time/date and your name", this is incorrect.

On mobile is correct and shows: "name and then time/date"

This on PC is very anoying.
"

date.jpg
<----this ISNT correct...check on mobile app how it should be!!

date - mobile.jpg
- MOBILE app - correct one

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

This bug still isnt repaired, but it was already a update....will be in this millenium please ?

"
BUG PC: When you sea or write any message, then in top it shows "time/date and your name", this is incorrect.

"

View attachment 21947 <----this ISNT correct...check on mobile app how it should be!!

Why isn't it correct?

Groovy Prof

Corporal
To be honest you need more than 5 threads in guild chat you can mark important.
Not only do you have FP threads, but also trades, GB's, and GBG/GVG/expedition...that's before any of the stuff from guild forum!
Social doesn't need any important....
If guild founders and guild moderators are doing their jobs right,.

"

"

View attachment 21947 <----this ISNT correct...check on mobile app how it should be!!
It shouldn't be neither of them.
Name should be under the avatar - and date should be down in the corner in a smaller and not bold font - as it was in the old message center.
Date stamp in the heading isn't needed either. At least not in a bold font.

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
why do fp/trades/gbg etc need to be marked as important? They will be constantly updated so will never get deleted automatically
Aha so do I understand right, that if a message in a thread is being modified constantly then it wont get deleted after 30 days?
That only threads that haven't been modified or used get the boot after 30 days?
That makes far more sense and would allay my fears of important guild threads suddenly disappearing....
Cheers cursed veggie :rolleyes:

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Why isn't it correct?

Please check on mobile app....there you will see that is reversed like on PC, and thats the correct. So on mobile it stayed like it was in the old Message Center.

Everyone 1st want to know from Who is the message (in group threads) and only then the time stamp (what is mostly not important).

date.jpg
-PC

date - mobile.jpg
- MOBILE - correct one

Aha so do I understand right, that if a message in a thread is being modified constantly then it wont get deleted after 30 days?
That only threads that haven't been modified or used get the boot after 30 days?
That makes far more sense and would allay my fears of important guild threads suddenly disappearing....
Yes, also its 60 days not 30 :D

Knight of ICE

A thread needs to have no entries at all in 60 days before it gets deleted.

Only threads that are never updated and are just used for general info need to be marked as important. Most Guild threads are updated regulary, so don't need to be marked.

Please check on mobile app....there you will see that is reversed like on PC, and thats the correct. So on mobile it stayed like it was in the old Message Center.

Everyone 1st want to know from Who is the message (in group threads) and only then the time stamp (what is mostly not important).

View attachment 21948 -PC

View attachment 21949 - MOBILE - correct one
I may be wrong, but it wasn't like that in the old message center on PC iirc. The name was under the avatar and the date was down in the right corner in a smaller font. Personally, I prefer it that way. They may have changed that on PC though to make it look more like the mobile version, but made a mistake and got the name and the date swapped around.

wolf claw

Private
It is good to have new members into a guild automatically added to guild threads on the guild tab and good to have the important tab for quick access to important guild messages like guild rules , GE , GVG & GBG threads
But why don't Founders have Admin rights on Guild tab in new message center so they can remove those members that abuse the FP swap system and need to be removed from swap threads for a period of time ? And will founders and leaders get the Admin rights needed in the guild tab in the near future ? or the only thing left to us is to kick those members that make a mistake .

DeletedUser

Communication and discussion should be discouraged in order to further match this Forum.
Sorry to Post and run but I must ready my Midnight Sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl, gotta get that Sun rising in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
To anyone complaining, wouldn't it just then be simple to not use the guild messages and just use social, as its exactly like it was before? :P

The auto add to guild threads is such a convivence to officers really, and being able to hide the threads means you never can accidently be re-added to swap threads once you've left/hidden.

also who uses swap threads lol

wolf claw

Private
Most guilds have a lot of swap threads and auto add means that a new member will be added as soon as they join even if a founder or leader is not on line and they are Guild threads :) if you can't use the guild message tab for guild message what was the point of changing the message center when you still have to use it exactly like it was before ?
Most players use swap threads at some point LOL

when new members join they may be added to everything
but
new ones don't always know how to use the Forge Point Swap Threads
so now i have them wanting 100s of fps placed on there GBs
without paying the ones on the Thread anything
That's why it would be nice if we could "pin" a message to the top of a thread, so we can explain the purpose of the thread and how it works.

Caellum

Private
can we have a feature that allows threads to be moved from one bar to another without having to delete and restart

LocalFief

Private
Though the below relates to, the 'Guild Forum Removal', it is also chiefly about the 'Message Center':

As a guild founder, the Guild Forum has proven to be of great use and it is very sad to see that it will be removed from the game.

As I am currently in the process of transferring my information from the Guild Forum to the ‘Guild’ tab in the ‘Message Center’, in time for the early October deadline (too short notice for a game!), I am finding quite a few limitations arising within the ‘Message Center’ itself that were never an issue within the Guild Forum.
  • Can Inno please allow for longer messages, as not all of my information from the Guild Forum actually fits into the ‘Message Center’? This is also compounded by the fact that it not only doesn’t allow for so many characters to be created (a paltry maximum of 5000!) but also, one cannot have so many line breaks. In the Guild Forum, neither of these were an issue at all.
  • Can Inno somehow allow messages written by oneself to be edited, just like you could in the Guild Forum? I know, as a guild founder, guild information does change over time.
  • Within the ‘Message Center’, can Inno allow the user to choose the colour of the font that they want, just like you could do in the Guild Forum? I have found that the use of colour within the text has proven helpful for people with certain disabilities. With colour, the text is broken up somewhat, is thus less dense and helps the text to become more legible and accessible.
  • Inno: please provide more posts in the ‘Message Center’ which can be marked ‘Important’ instead of the current five which, quite frankly, is simply not enough. This means that one has to prioritise only five posts from a hard-worked Guild Forum which has also taken a lot of time and care to develop well.
  • Inno: My posts are often written for the benefit of new players / beginners and I have put it into the Guild Forum so that I do not have to keep on writing the same message over and over again to new players / guild members. Furthermore, unless I copy, paste and re-send my original post every 60 days, within the 'Message Center', then I am also in danger of totally losing that thread that I so carefully and succinctly crafted!
I just want to say that, as a guild founder, I have worked hard to make my Guild Forum well-written, presentable and relevant and it is a pity that I must limit my ideas to fit into an increasingly limiting platform.