• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

pipo69

Private
I did read about this new message centre before and that it was delayed. Then for me out of the blue this delay ended and it was put live. I'm wondering if there are more updates on the message centre to come?

If the next supprise update then, I don't know adds categories within the guild tab, we might have to recreate everything again this would be pretty anyoning.

So is there someone who knows when the next update for the message centre is to be expected?

Heroic Name

Private
The details of the Message Center Changes can be found here.

We're looking forward to your feedback below.
so u change something with no notice. it was not broken, so why try to 'fix' it? spread things over several pages, increase the size. hey inno. are u testing things on the en server again? well the pvp tower was bust and i hope/trust this new msg centre goes same way....moving pages is quite slow....i.e. i hav guild thrad, then need to change pages for leaders thread...etc...etc...

Heroic Name

Private
GUILD tab need option to "auto add" all guild members to specific thread, or "not".
Now guild related messages need to stay on Social tab because there are guild related threads where you not want to add all your guild members.

So what is the purpose to have Guild tab, when we cant use it in proper way?

Agane, if Inno have staff who knows how bigger FOE guilds are working, why did so many mistakes in this new Message Center? I still think, that they not playing the game...you cant be good at your job, if you not know your product. With all that profit what they made from us, should have no problem to have top staff right?
lol lady marlena and aelin wildfire in same guild,,,4 peeps in total...

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I did read about this new message centre before and that it was delayed. Then for me out of the blue this delay ended and it was put live. I'm wondering if there are more updates on the message centre to come?

If the next supprise update then, I don't know adds categories within the guild tab, we might have to recreate everything again this would be pretty anyoning.

We all got surprised by the update, pushed live on a Wednesday not during any normal update or with any warning. Stealth updating the message center in the middle of the PVP tower nightmare and right before a BG starts was bad timing. hence the flames on the feedback threads.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
the 3 line "enter message" box is a pain too, 5 or 6 should be the minimum size at least
just try copy and paste a list which needs amending and scrolling through it, or writing a message of several lines and having it all scroll out of sight, makes proof reading anything before hitting send a real pain
Needs an "expand message box" option, so you can view the whole message.

Exactly, I have to open a notepad app to edit anything longer than a couple of lines and paste the final version into an FoE message; this tiny window to enter messages has been a problem since the beginning. You can not seriously edit your messages within the game if you have anything longer than a TWEET to say.

Exactly, I have to open a notepad app to edit anything longer than a couple of lines and paste the final version into an FoE message; this tiny window to enter messages has been a problem since the beginning. You can not seriously edit your messages within the game if you have anything longer than a TWEET to say.
I do the same sometimes, if I have to write a longer message. I write it in notepad, where I can edit it, and paste it into the message center.
If you write a longer message in the message center, and you accidentally click outside the text box, the text box will close, and you have to start over. :mad:

RTSFirebat

Private
My biggest issue, is the filters!

If I start something then just PIN IT to the top of all threads, not this weird filter thing. It saves me maybe a few seconds.

Vesiger

Monarch
I like the general changes, but removing the ability to click on an avatar in a message thread and view the player's GBs, visit his city, send a message etc. (especially the latter) is a nuisance. If I'm in a swap thread and don't want to accidentally level a GB, for example, I usually post a message to the player before me saying "IOU 4FP" as a reminder to both of us. Now I have to leave the thread, hunt for that individual player in the list, and select 'send PM'.

And Inno STILL haven't fixed the word wrap for messages in the mobile app, after breaking it in an update over a year ago...

I like the general changes, but removing the ability to click on an avatar in a message thread and view the player's GBs, visit his city, send a message etc. (especially the latter) is a nuisance. If I'm in a swap thread and don't want to accidentally level a GB, for example, I usually post a message to the player before me saying "IOU 4FP" as a reminder to both of us. Now I have to leave the thread, hunt for that individual player in the list, and select 'send PM'.
What? You can still do that. Maybe not on mobile; don't know.

DeletedUser

Well I've given it a go and, whilst far from perfect it's not the end of the World. A few updates and improvements are needed especially Re: Rights and GB Posting, not exactly what the Doctor ordered at all.
I doubt any involved in it's design are aware that there is such a thing as "a bad idea". Perhaps Devs and Des's are being pushed to find ways to change ephemera rather than to fix those things which are broken...GvG, ahem! Yes, admittedly this would require some serious re-coding and that simply will not happen but it can be done, if the will exists to perform such a major overhaul.
Me? Well I laugh and drink and smoke and laugh some more: Sautéed, it's all the same F***ing day Man.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Yes, all guild members are in the guild threads. New members get added automatically. Outsiders can't be added.
Guild members can't leave the threads, and no one can kick them from the threads. All we can do is hide the conversations.

I hope this is NOT because I once said "Protest! People are kept in guild and kicked from guild-chat." -- That was totally situational, and temporal. My real opinion of all time, is that the soclial media aspect is not within Inno's scope of responsibility or capacity.

Whatever happens among players through their talking ("communicating") is not part of the game. That is, player's invention is not part of the game. It is safe to just play the game, whereas safety (or fun) cannot be guaranteed with deep involvement into players' inventions. Who knows? The other end of the communication can be the devil and by saying yes (or making promises) you could be signing a ten-year contract with the devil...

To make sure of safety, follow the "all play, no talk" rule. That means to pretend "there is no message center".

I want to say how much I hate the 3 page message centre. On mobile it was very easy to see all messages. Now I have to remember to swap pages. We seem to need more spaces on the guild page. Some of the swap threads have to do on the Social side. And why on the Social page can I not see who is involved in the conversation ? We had an easy to use system and now's it's a horror. That not progress, thats messing up.

Vesiger

Monarch
I want to say how much I hate the 3 page message centre. On mobile it was very easy to see all messages.
But an entire third/quarter of the screen was occupied by FoE official announcements every time they issued one. And the guild admins were spending endless laborious effort adding and removing (worst of all) players from twenty or so threads every time someone joined or left.
And why on the Social page can I not see who is involved in the conversation ? We had an easy to use system and now's it's a horror. That not progress, thats messing up.
If it's a message from an individual player, you can see their avatar attached to the message. If it's a group conversation, you use the info option as before to see the list of participants.
I don't think anything has changed in that particular regard.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
This is the problem when you rush (knee jerk) ideas without fully working them out in advance.
Now you will have to redesign add sub categories and make room for the guild forum, which someone thought would be a good idea to remove.
Far from making it easier it will be more complicated, more computer code needed, which in turn takes longer to load, which results in aggravating the consumer.
Sometimes you need to leave the basics alone, unless there is a very good reason not to.
There are far more pressing issues than redesigning the message board....or removing guild forum...especially whilst there are still redundancies all throughout the game that could be removed speeding up the game play.
This seems a very inexperienced, schoolboy, juvenile error to make?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hans1968

Private
Hi
I have found the new threads horrid , but am becoming accustomed to them
i have moved the Guild Threads to the Guild one
however
i cant remove some Guild Members from these Threads
this is unacceptable
as
when new members join they may be added to everything
but
new ones don't always know how to use the Forge Point Swap Threads
so now i have them wanting 100s of fps placed on there GBs
without paying the ones on the Thread anything
now it would be easier if i could remove these people from the threads so they don't take advantage of the Guild Members till they are taught how to use them
do you understand the problem here > ?
it is most distressing to players paying out 100s of FPs and Not getting them back ...and I have compensated enough times i feel for these mistakes
so as a Leader /Founder i would like the right to remove players from threads Not doing the right thing
can you help me please

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
@Hans1968 if you can’t educate your members then that problem is simply solved by having social tab messages for swap threads, which is how they started before you chose to port them to guild messages