• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Hey question, since it was delayed do we know yet when the delay ends?

Can't wait to try the new system out :)

- Ellie -

Sergeant
Maybe i'm just a xenophobe but i hate it, what was wrong with the previous version, why can we not swap back to the old version, if it works, why change.. total pffft, You can’t tell whether you have new messages either... aargh... it's not like those that design it have to flippin use it every day.

DeletedUser116789

After the update, all our guild's chats (swap threads, 1.9 thread, trade thread, etc.) are appearing in 'Social' instead of 'Guild' folder. Recreating them from scratch in 'Guild' folder would be a pain - for example, it would involve asking ppl to re-post their GBs in newly created threads. Therefore, ideally there should exist a way to move an existing thread between different folders. Ideally, this should be implemented asap - if guilds will have to wait for this update for, say, another month, many will probably opt to just go through the mess of re-creating the threads manually.

After the update, all our guild's chats (swap threads, 1.9 thread, trade thread, etc.) are appearing in 'Social' instead of 'Guild' folder. Recreating them from scratch in 'Guild' folder would be a pain - for example, it would involve asking ppl to re-post their GBs in newly created threads. Therefore, ideally there should exist a way to move am existing thread between different folders. Ideally, this should be implemented asap - if guilds will have to wait for this update for, say, another month, many will probably opt to just go through the mess of re-creating the threads manually.
I've recreated on one world but have another to do which has a lot more threads, I'm just going to do them one by one and take every swap myself.

r21r

Major-General
usefull and very helpfull that we can pin several threads on the guild list, with a fast look we can also make announcements with locking the thread so people avoid spam.
for sure there is a lot space for improvements but it seems very usefull already

KronikPillow

Sergeant
hahaha congratz Inno on another broken update :D so lets start

every guild member can now create Guild threads, even when they don't have the assigned rights to do so ... thumbs up!
created guild messages can't be deleted, not even by founders or leaders aka no one has rights to moderate threads ... thumbs up!
old guild threads are counted as social threads, and there is no way to move them to Guild threads, instead we have to close all old guild threads / swap threads, and start new ones ...

but then again, half of our mobile players didn't receive the update yet, so starting new threads is pointless as half of the players can't see them ...

on the other side, the whole design, font, thread title / message distinction and so on is terrible, hard to read, and plain and simply looks ugly! thumbs up! :)

I wonder if BETA users give Inno any feedback at all, or is EN now Inno's official testing grounds like it was with 8h resets?

r21r

Major-General
every guild member can now create Guild threads, even when they don't have the assigned rights to do so ... thumbs up!
created guild messages can't be deleted
lol
1599055009532.png

Last edited:

rayster001

Private
It seems to have changed now , and i for one thinks its not really that great , I like the OLD way better , i do use another world , and it has same thing as my other world now , but I am liking the new way so much on other world i rarely every go in it , My main world now has that and my activity will be going down i feal because the way its arranged o put in the FPs its just not good ...bring back the OLD wway please [;-((

Forwandert

Major-General
I have the option to delete threads on the cog image in the message.

20200902_145454.jpg

Was a pain moving them but it's done now, Also never need to add an new guild member to them so glad that's done with.

- Ellie -

Sergeant
Also, I have ended up with more pages of pm's, why can we not adjust it to show more lines instead of having to scroll through multiple pages, this is a sheer annoyance=, everyone I have spoken to has wondered what is going on so i'm not the only one.

Forwandert

Major-General
I just think it'll take a little getting used to, it is quite a significant change but don't think it's a bad one at all.

Giskler

Legend
It has some good things like tabs and filters, but lacking very basic options like migrating threads, locking replies locks EVERYONE including founders, anyone can hide threads even if they are marked as important, you can’t pin threads to the top and you can’t assign custom icons. Then there’s the obnoxious UX with the thing covering your entire screen and opening a thread covers everything. If there’s activity it doesn’t open the tab where there’s new posts, it goes straight to the first tab every time.... poorly designed, tested and implemented - as usual. I guess it will be 7 months before we see even basic fixes and improvements