• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Message Center Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser104881
  • Start date

Herugul

Private
I like the new message centre. As someone who used to have to add new members to a whole bunch of channels, and re-add members who had left and wanted to rejoin, I really like the fact this admin is now completely removed once you've migrated your old channels to guild channels.

We had a lot of questions about it all in guild so I wrote a quick guide to help people come to terms with it all, and hope it may help others too.
As a guild leader I don't want to wind up and re-add the FP swap threads and a few other threads so as to get them into guild threads, but I see no other way to do this. Is there any way to move a whole thread from Social to guild, when all members are guild members, the thread admins are all founders and leaders of a guild?

Forwandert

Major-General
All the info is in the link you just quoted but no there isn't, however it's a 20/30min job max to do once and you dont need to do it again. Probably the reason it wasnt included as you wouldnt have a reason to ever migrate any again as any guild member postings would be in the correct category.

Potentially could have done with more than 5 important threads, I was using it to separate general threads (Swaps/trades etc non important) with chat, muds, gbg etc and 5 is just slightly under what I need.

Last edited:

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Inno are you developers know FOE or they are just working and not know what they doing? It would realy help if they play the game.
Add in there contract 1hour or at least 30min mandatory FOE play every day, and this game will be much better, and even users will be more pleased. Changing something and provide half finished new stuff isnt a good idea. No one would buy a halfly finished product, and relaying on facts that gamers will play anything after they are "addicted" or used to it, will not stand. Out there are way many other games.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
And there's more.....after logging in, the first time opening the message centre defaults to the guild tab, which means I can't simply read my messages from friends etc, I have to click the social tab first...yet another thing that requires me to click an extra time.

I would like to default to the Social tab as that is where the guild swap threads are and the messages i interact with the most. Also annoying i can‘t see my FP count whilst in the message center.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I dont know if anyone has already mentioned this, but the shading for the conversation should be of equal length (all full length) no matter the message is long or short.

Visual Aid:

Currently it looks like this:
1.png
It should look like this:
2.png

Last edited:
Inno are you developers know FOE or they are just working and not know what they doing? It would realy help if they play the game.
Add in there contract 1hour or at least 30min mandatory FOE play every day, and this game will be much better, and even users will be more pleased. Changing something and provide half finished new stuff isnt a good idea. No one would buy a halfly finished product, and relaying on facts that gamers will play anything after they are "addicted" or used to it, will not stand. Out there are way many other games.
This is part of a Game Designer's job. To play the game. Yes. Any game developer know the game they design. You can not design a game if you dont play it yourself. It does not mean the game will be faultless. That is why they need testers. Testers is people who test the game and report bugs. The Beta server is there for players to test the game and report bugs. Even after the release of the game - after it has been tested - some bugs may happen. That is why there is a support team. Report bugs to them.

DeletedUser111077

Really do not like the new message centre. Causes far too much clicking and scrolling. Not an improvement sadly.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This is part of a Game Designer's job. To play the game. Yes. Any game developer know the game they design. You can not design a game if you dont play it yourself. It does not mean the game will be faultless. That is why they need testers. Testers is people who test the game and report bugs. The Beta server is there for players to test the game and report bugs. Even after the release of the game - after it has been tested - some bugs may happen. That is why there is a support team. Report bugs to them.

Well, we all knows, that beta testing center isnt working. Why would someone test something for free, and still some players are testing, but when reporting for there issues with new stuff, they are not listen, any less and less players have will to test after it.

Beta server cant be the solution that we get good or bad game improvements. Message center 100% needed the change, but this one is way unpolished.
It reminds me when we doing something literally halfly, so we have furter job to improve it. At least the feeling is like that here. Now with message center and with PvP....

Sadly we are spending more time why something isnt working, but we just should play the game, the other side is on "creators".

Ati2

Legend
What's with all the half-working changes these days?

Troop selection remembers the age but not the troop type.

New message center remembers the tab but not the tag.

Either remember both, or none. The current version of both these features makes no sense at all.

Ati2

Legend
Also, there should be a way to get back to page 1 of the messages when you delete the last message from page 2. Better yet, go back automatically. Right now all you get is an empty screen, with no pager at the bottom.

Why did we turn into testers again? :D

Ati2

Legend
Moving on: when a thread is marked both hidden and favorite, it does not show up under favorite. It should, since it's marked as favorite. I hid it because I don't want it to blink the notifier, but I still want it to show under favorites.

DeletedUser116789

Another suggestion - at least to me it would be more convenient if private messages by guildies and messages that don't involve all guild members (such as GBG mods chat) would be placed in guild section. It's a bit cumbersome to navigate between guild and social, and I feel it would be more convenient if all guild-related stuff would be placed in one category.

Another suggestion - at least to me it would be more convenient if private messages by guildies and messages that don't involve all guild members (such as GBG mods chat) would be placed in guild section. It's a bit cumbersome to navigate between guild and social, and I feel it would be more convenient if all guild-related stuff would be placed in one category.
All guild related threads for all members should be placed in the guild section, obviously. Swaps, trade, GE, GBG, GVG etc...
The rest, personal messages, private swap deals etc, should be placed in the social section.
Unfortunately, because it's not possible to move threads, we have to create new guild threads, if we want them placed in the guild section.

PomPoms

Sergeant
All guild related threads for all members should be placed in the guild section, obviously. Swaps, trade, GE, GBG, GVG etc...
The rest, personal messages, private swap deals etc, should be placed in the social section.
Unfortunately, because it's not possible to move threads, we have to create new guild threads, if we want them placed in the guild section.

It could be done simply enough by having some sort of 'flag' to indicate those you want new members auto added to. Unflagged would mean they remain with only the people in them already (or vice versa, flag the more private Guild chats)

Karro

Private
Would appreciate someone in the know and a fix if possible - a query on the new Message Center.
My Guild decided, by common decree, to move all of the Guild FP swap threads from "Social" to "Guild". In the process of doing so, I became aware that once transferred, the new listings in the "Guild" Message Center makes NO allowance for Founders / designated administrators etc to retain those previous "Administrative" privileges that were available to them in the "Social" network. So - no more ability to send folks to the "sin-bin" for a while. Seems now, the ultimate "sin-bin" is to get kicked out of the Guild.
Appreciate any constructive reply - thanks in advance