• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Make PvP Optional

Emberguard

Legend
The trouble with PvP in the game is that in practice it only takes place between vastly unequal forces - players rarely attack unless they are certain they are much stronger than their opponents. (If I get a quest to win ten battles, I'm going to beat up the bottom end of my neighbourhood, not the top.)
Another aspect is unless you have a high lvl'd Alcatraz it's a huge strain on a players resources to attack unless they know they're going to win. If the game allowed something similar to that which can only be applied to plunder/city defence without taking up room (something that would work similar to the tavern) - you'd likely see a lot more player V player action. Perhaps even give the defenders a second wave (even half a second wave!) to defend with

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The 'hood PvP system is balanced enough as it is...
- It's a helluva lot easier to build up a massive def% boost than it is to boost atk%.
- Defending units never, ever 'die' and are auto-healed after every attack.
- City Shield exists
- The player can always control their overall collection times to throw off plunderer's.
- Motivated buildings cannot be plundered.

Vs. the attacking player who
- requires 1000's of fps to boost their atk%
- fewer event buildings give atk% boost vs. def% boost.
- always risks losing the troops they send into battle (without a 'Traz, this is huge!)
- can be denied any plunder buy their 'victim' collecting any finished productions before they can be taken
- can be stopped outright from attacking in the first place via the City Shield boost.

The odds are already massively in favour of the defending player as it is...
Hell, just play GE every week and you'll soon find your self buried under Ritual Flames you can plant around the edges of your city for sky-high def% boosts!
And in the end, if losing out on a couple productions is such a catastrophic hit that it grinds your city to a dead halt, then the problem isn't the plunderer/s, but rather, you have a gak-awful strategy and need to stop plowing through eras & work on building a half-decent city!:rolleyes:

Emberguard

Legend
@Thomas Covenent yes and no. A high defence is nothing to a low attack if the plunderer has rogues or the right setup to defeat your defence.

There are certainly ways to get around a plunderer - have motivated buildings wherever possible - but as far as purely defending yourself, it's a very swingy system

I have one special event building which produces 1 forge point in 8 hours. Since I can't always complete 3 production cycles in a day and collect it on time I do it 2 times and then leave one 5 minute production as a bait, plunderers hope for a FP but end up with almost nothing. It works like a charm.

I'll plunder if I have to, but I prefer daily aid - at least every other day. If they can't click an aid button every so often then they deserve to be plundered - it's too bad. It doesn't matter what I get - It's nothing I need - I want my stuff motivated, but will take what ever I can get.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
As my guild really enjoys laying the beat down every week in GE & winning 1st place by as wide a margin as possible, it's helpful of my neighbours to leave some productions laying around for me to collect on their behalf. ;)

Helps keep the goods flowing, even when I negotiate through all of Lv4 on a challenge week!

DeletedUser97166

As my guild really enjoys laying the beat down every week in GE & winning 1st place by as wide a margin as possible, it's helpful of my neighbours to leave some productions laying around for me to collect on their behalf. ;)

Helps keep the goods flowing, even when I negotiate through all of Lv4 on a challenge week!
Need to build up your attack bonus so you can save those plunder goods for other causes ;)

I would never plunder anyone's goods if I can get FPs. That's why Maharaja's Palaces are amazing, they combine the both and add medals, coins and supplies if you hit a full set.

DeletedUser97166

Well, my EMA goods are sitting at roughly 6.8k each while my current HMA goods are closing in on 6.6k each, so the only thing left for me are bragging rights!lol. :P
Make sure you treasure all your fan mail :D
No matter how hard I plunder no one will send me any this week :(

Shad23

Emperor
well in my city i try to keep to a minimum plunderable buildings if you check out my city on langandorn you'll see there is not much to plunder in my city only time i can get plundered is on a day where i don't get aid and eaven then it's hard to plunder me i have a good def and i always collect and i change my colect time on a regular bassis so i'm verry hard to plunder

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm currently ranked 17 in my neighbourhood. When doing a "win 4 battles in a row" quest at the borrom of the neighbourhood this morning I found myself attacking Contemporary Era troops with my Future Era army - what chance did they have?

DeletedUser99588

I'm currently ranked 17 in my neighbourhood. When doing a "win 4 battles in a row" quest at the borrom of the neighbourhood this morning I found myself attacking Contemporary Era troops with my Future Era army - what chance did they have?

I have OF players with TE and lower troops in their defence. Not to mention those who have spears protecting their city. Some are just not interested in their defence armies. Are you criticising their chose of defence or that your neighbourhood isn't balanced?

DeletedUser112892

i hate it when they put spearmen in their def
On one hand, I love it, on the other hand, I hate it. I love it because of free plunderable stuff, while I hate it because of small amount of battle points.

DeletedUser97166

i hate it when they put spearmen in their def
Like when you have a quest to defeat 40 units, and come across a handful of hoodies with spears, COME ON the quest could be finished with 5 battles if people put a full bloody def in!