• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Make PvP Optional

DeletedUser109475

Wonders how a post referring to plunder and PvP tower points is deleted, somehow they are not relevant to the subject of PvP?

DeletedUser99692

There are still plenty of posts that are not at all relevant to the subject like

yet it is still here.

I know we are not supposed to question the moderation and I have no problem with te rules, but why 16 removed and not this.?

You may contact me personally to question any decision I make on your posts I will not discuss another players with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I thought you need to research military tactics to unlock PvP.

2. How can 1 raid be devastating?

3. AI controlling defending units is exactly as it should be, otherwise it would be almost impossible to defeat most defenses.

4. This is Forge of Empires and not sim city, and empires are being forged not only by peace but also with force.

This is my opinion, I'm sorry to disagree but this is how I see it.

Emberguard

Legend
@thelegend88 depending on the rate you play the game, the age you're in and how many players in the hood are plundering it can seem devastating. It's not actually going to ruin you, but it will slow you down if you need it for the tech tree. Established worlds tend to not be too bad with plunderers. New worlds on the other hand tend to have everyone plundering and you can wake up to most if not all your goods gone. A little bit of patience can fix that though. All the plunderers on Parkog moved on so I can build up my stock there

DeletedUser109475

I play alone, in one world only, so I can't tell if there are players that save free Diamonds to buy-off entire sets of newly released GBs or not and I definitely didn't even consider someone who buys-off the tech tree because I now that would an insane "investment"

But, even if there are players capable of saving 1600 of an endeavour like this, they would be capable of doing this once in a very long while. "Rich players" (as it's a relative term) can do this many, many times with multiple GBs. I've been attacked by players with PvP/GvG GBs close to level 100 with nothing else but SoKs and Terrace Farms in their cities. No effort in thinking through the game at all, just feed Diamonds, buy levels, use their own FPs or their guildmates' and Auto-battle.

1600? A GB is more than buying a set of blueprints. Try 16,500 diamonds for the full set of goods to build a Modern Era GB or 21,500 for one at Oceanic. To take an Arc from level 99 to level 100 is 9000fp or just a mere 450,000 diamonds, yes 450k. How many diamonds in total for those 100 levels? Far more than anyone would pay for that's for sure.

Arcs play a big role in large fp donations and quick GB development but they have to be levelled up initially to make the whole process work. Wise players have grouped together and worked to level Arcs, often at a loss or "break even" so they can reap the rewards the Arc benefit can bring later on.

Clearly there is some effort in thinking through the game as nobody is going to pay the millions upon millions of diamonds required to build a GB to level 100, let alone do it for multiple GB's. There actually comes a point where those GB's supply a surplus of goods; goods buildings and therefore supply buildings become redundant, delete them and there's no need for housing. Delete all those redundant buildings and there's the room for the SoK's and TF's. Selling surplus goods for fp's let's others build GB's and goes some way to adding another level to that level 100+ GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Clearly there is some effort in thinking through the game as nobody is going to pay the millions upon millions of diamonds required to build a GB to level 100, let alone do it for multiple GB's.

Agreed and even if we could it’ll only ruin our own fun to bring efforts to succeed: a bit how games work I think :)

Established worlds tend to not be too bad with plunderers. New worlds on the other hand tend to have everyone plundering and you can wake up to most if not all your goods gone.

That's exactly what I would expect from a new world, a lot of seasoned players coming there starting over and want to make progress quickly, and someone has to found that progress. I expected it to be a cutthroat but players playing for the first time being assigned to one of this worlds unfortunately don't, and that can ruin the game for them completely and make them quit.

DeletedUser

That's exactly what I would expect from a new world, a lot of seasoned players coming there starting over and want to make progress quickly, and someone has to found that progress. I expected it to be a cutthroat but players playing for the first time being assigned to one of this worlds unfortunately don't, and that can ruin the game for them completely and make them quit.

I think either FoE needs to hire a highly equiped psychologist to ease the pain OR take it as collateral damage.
If it was my business I’d go for the last option.

vikingraider

Emperor
The op has given up. It was me that plundered him to start with. I've since attacked every day and are plundering his buildings in a line and he's not restarting the others. I didn't do it to make him give up. I wanted him to fight back

DeletedUser113470

I wanted him to fight back
Why? Isn't revenge sort of a juvenile response to being plundered?
I don't get plundered very often, but one time, I did click the revenge button. And I won the battle without too much effort. And, wow, I was amazed...there were plunderable things like goods and supplies and lots of gold to be had. FOR FREE!!!!
But I don't plunder. So all I got out of it was some hits to my attack units. MAH...not worth the effort.

I tend to view plunderers as welfare cases. Players that for whatever reason can't, or won't provide for their own needs. If they really need those trinkets of gold more than I do then fine...we are all here to have fun, right? Well, maybe not so fun for the OP, but maybe (s)he gives up too easy?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I tend to view plunderers as welfare cases. Players that for whatever reason can't, or won't provide for their own needs.

Players plunder for a variety of reasons. Personally, I plunder anyone who thinks they are being clever by putting 2 spears in defense and leaving 5 minute productions for me to take. Actually all they are doing is slowing their own progress. I also occasionally get blueprints off the plunder which are far more valuable than anything else. Even plundering a pod house (I love the way players try to hide them behind GBs) gives more gold than the 330 I would have got for aiding.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
The trouble with PvP in the game is that in practice it only takes place between vastly unequal forces - players rarely attack unless they are certain they are much stronger than their opponents. (If I get a quest to win ten battles, I'm going to beat up the bottom end of my neighbourhood, not the top.)
Unsurprisingly this doesn't develop much of an incentive to fight back: most players' experience of PvP is of being attacked on a daily basis by someone so far ahead of them that there is no point even attempting to retaliate. And because plunderers tend to be in a minority (you wouldn't believe it from this forum, but my experience is that there tend to be only one or two in the average neighbourhood), you don't get a tournament on equal terms: you get a perception of one player who has chosen to prey on all the others in the knowledge that they can't fight back . It's not very popular.
If it were the big players battling it out among themselves I suspect it would be different, but the game is set up so that the profits are to be made by picking exclusively on easy meat. As has been said, the basic reason why plundering creates so much ill-feeling is lack of balance in the neighbourhoods - and it really isn't much good telling people that if only they had followed the optimum strategy they could be way ahead of their era too. People expect to be matched against equals, or at least people they have some chance of beating. The 'sheep and wolves' mentality doesn't turn the sheep into cunning wolves; it just makes them resentful and angry, as is seen repeatedly on these forums.

Saying "why don't these people learn? " isn't the answer. The fact is that expectations of PvP don't match experience, and if people repeatedly come to complain about it then there is probably a genuine problem with game balance that needs to be faced instead of treating them all as whining incompetents.

DeletedUser99588

Kudos to the OP for realising this isn't the game for them and finding one more suitable. Assuming Elvanar is more suitable, I've never played it so wouldn't know. I hope it is and it brings many hours of joy.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The trouble with PvP in the game is that in practice it only takes place between vastly unequal forces - players rarely attack unless they are certain they are much stronger than their opponents.

This isn't always true. I'm near the top of my hood, but I have been beaten by players below the half way point, despite having a def % of over 700. You just need to choose an appropriate attacking army - it can be done. Very, very few players are truly invincible.

DeletedUser109475

I currently have six hoodies without any GB's and they are CE. Are they still waiting for a full set of bp's for a GB or have they chosen not to build GB's at all? It's hard to see how six players in one hood could all be a bp or two short so far into their game. Even if they were all desperately unlucky does that prevent them putting up a DA, hitting the aid button or collecting their buildings? I honestly can't think of any reason it would beyond they are choosing not to do so.

Agent327

Overlord
I currently have six hoodies without any GB's and they are CE. Are they still waiting for a full set of bp's for a GB or have they chosen not to build GB's at all? It's hard to see how six players in one hood could all be a bp or two short so far into their game. Even if they were all desperately unlucky does that prevent them putting up a DA, hitting the aid button or collecting their buildings? I honestly can't think of any reason it would beyond they are choosing not to do so.

There are players that just never aid their guilmembers, neighbours or friends and for those it is possible they do not get the BP's.

DeletedUser99588

The trouble with PvP in the game is that in practice it only takes place between vastly unequal forces - players rarely attack unless they are certain they are much stronger than their opponents. (If I get a quest to win ten battles, I'm going to beat up the bottom end of my neighbourhood, not the top.)
Unsurprisingly this doesn't develop much of an incentive to fight back: most players' experience of PvP is of being attacked on a daily basis by someone so far ahead of them that there is no point even attempting to retaliate. And because plunderers tend to be in a minority (you wouldn't believe it from this forum, but my experience is that there tend to be only one or two in the average neighbourhood), you don't get a tournament on equal terms: you get a perception of one player who has chosen to prey on all the others in the knowledge that they can't fight back . It's not very popular.
If it were the big players battling it out among themselves I suspect it would be different, but the game is set up so that the profits are to be made by picking exclusively on easy meat. As has been said, the basic reason why plundering creates so much ill-feeling is lack of balance in the neighbourhoods - and it really isn't much good telling people that if only they had followed the optimum strategy they could be way ahead of their era too. People expect to be matched against equals, or at least people they have some chance of beating. The 'sheep and wolves' mentality doesn't turn the sheep into cunning wolves; it just makes them resentful and angry, as is seen repeatedly on these forums.

Saying "why don't these people learn? " isn't the answer. The fact is that expectations of PvP don't match experience, and if people repeatedly come to complain about it then there is probably a genuine problem with game balance that needs to be faced instead of treating them all as whining incompetents.

You should look nearer the top of your hood. You'd be amazed at how many don't have high defense bonuses. There is also an assumption that those that plunder are somehow immune to being plundered themselves and it is all just one way traffic. Well most who plunder will have been plundered themselves and no doubt work on a basis of bringing in more than they lose basis. Bottom line is you only get plundered if you don't collect on time so you have all the power. Those times you can't collect because real life took precedent well that is normal. If that is happening all the time then your timing strategy is out or this really isn't the game for you. If real life is that busy then enjoy you don't need this game.