• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Make PvP Optional

Galladhorn

Monarch
they should change their adds to include fighting part of game in adds

Most likely that way they would attract other tyope of players whom might stay longer. But these players could be dissapointed about the game not aoffering a direct PvP – But several other game types in the about same categori also do not offer real PvP play – just harder consequences when attacking or being attacked. But yes imo Inno should consider this option.

Shad23

Emperor
it's already optional if you don't want to do PvP don't reserch mathemaiques stay in iron age till your strong enough to not be plundered once your ready to hop to PvP they should warn you when you try to reserch that tech that you'll be plunderable once you reserch it and changing their adds to include war part of game in add might also help game get only players that want that game option

DeletedUser109475

This issue has been brought up many times. The main issue is not PvP but mainly highly uneven neighborhoods - Which often lead to another debate and why the Hoods are so uneven at times.

As such I can very well understand new players thinking WTF! – How can I even do anything about this?.

The tutorial when starting a city includes building a barracks, recruiting troops and engaging in battle.

Everyone starts off from the same point, how they proceed is what dictates their strength in a hood, any uneven neighbourhood is more likely down to player strategy over any input from Inno. Anyone who consistently goes up an era and finds themselves far weaker than pretty much the entire hood has to look at their own game before shouting about how unfair Inno are to them everytime.

DeletedUser

The tutorial when starting a city includes building a barracks, recruiting troops and engaging in battle.

Everyone starts off from the same point, how they proceed is what dictates their strength in a hood, any uneven neighbourhood is more likely down to player strategy over any input from Inno. Anyone who consistently goes up an era and finds themselves far weaker than pretty much the entire hood has to look at their own game before shouting about how unfair Inno are to them everytime.

Sometimes the obvious is missed right? ;)

Galladhorn

Monarch

As such I do not disagree to your comment that the intro includes baracks etc. – that should at least give a quite big Hint and also the part of Going up into a new Era. Many players do it enter new Eras ratyher unprepared and must suffer the consequneces. And Yes for sure, the better Strategy overall will get players in a better position and thereby having advantages.

As for uneven Hoods I think that it is regarded a common occurance on nearly all levels - at least it has been debated very often. if it is directly unfair or not I am not to judge - but the spread in a hood can be quite big even for players that do fight and do their best to raise stats etc. If you are a e.g around the 10M points but your hood top consist of players above the 50M up to +100M then the gap must be considered rather big wihtin one single Hood.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions, guys.

I have actually found a way and I would like to share it with all the players who have "moaned" about this before:

Give up on Forge of Empires and play Elevenar also be Innogames instead.

The games are very similar, except you do not engage in PvP! Build your city free from hassle by marauding players.

Bye, bye.

DeletedUser14881

As much as I understand your concerns, unfortunately, it's utterly pointless asking to make PvP optional here, in the forums, because the vast majority of players participating in any discussion is a plunderer, dedicated or not.

Among them, you'll find age sitters who levelled their GBs to super-high levels smashing players who played the story, advancing whenever new content was released; players from other worlds who learned how to play in a server and did everything different in another one, especially, but not limited to, raising GBs important to PvP/GvG way before the age in which these GBs were released (that's outrageous!); and, on top of that, players with a comfortable financial situation or maybe living in USA/Europe/AnyOtherCountryWithReasonableCurrencyExchangingRates for whom big packs of diamonds are relatively cheap.

Yes, the damage caused might be small if compared to other games, but that's an unfair comparison because, well, if I wanted to be concerned with other games' mechanics I should be playing others games. In the context of Forge of Empires, in which we're introduced to the game way more by the historical side than the fighting, it's not fair to play this card.

That was how I met FoE years ago, through an advertisement saying specifically that I would have this kind of choice, to play the way I wanted. That was awesome, as I was looking for a new web-based game to escape another one I played for years that was (and I knew it was from the very beginning) heavily oriented to the PvP side than to the PvE's, which was minor. But then, around the release of Alcatraz and later GvG, the game changed its format significantly and it didn't matter how many times I asked or questioned, here or by support tickets, I always fell in the first paragraph.

And considering the game kind of go towards an apocalyptic scenario with scarce of goods and the need for bigger buildings to produce small amounts of resources, every small thing counts... badly and plunderers prevent other players to play the way the game has been "sold" to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114563

As much as I understand your concerns, unfortunately, it's utterly pointless asking to make PvP optional here, in the forums, because the vast majority of players participating in any discussion is a plunderer, dedicated or not.
This is so true what you've just said :(

Galladhorn

Monarch
Among them, you'll find age sitters who levelled their GBs to super-high levels smashing players who played the story, advancing whenever new content was released; players from other worlds who learned how to play in a server and did everything different in another one, especially, but not limited to, raising GBs important to PvP/GvG way before the age in which these GBs were released (that's outrageous!); and, on top of that, players with a comfortable financial situation or maybe living living in USA/Europe/AnyOtherCountryWithReasonableCurrencyExchangingRates for whom big packs of diamonds are relatively cheap.

Yes, the damage caused might be small if compared to other games, but that's an unfair comparison because, well, if I wanted to be concerned with other games' mechanics I should be playing others games. In the context of Forge of Empires, in which we're introduced to the game way more by the historical side than the fighting (that's how I met FoE, in an advertisement saying specifically that — that I would have this kind of choice), it's not fair to play this card.

And considering the game kind of go towards an apocalyptic scenario with scarce of goods and the need for bigger buildings to produce small amounts of resources, every small thing counts... badly and plunderers prevent other players to play the way the game has been "sold" to them.

1) Among Them, you find players.... Players that played the game for a long time learning the game – Thats why they can do what they do.

2) "living in USA/Europe/AnyOtherCountryWithReasonableCurrencyExchangingRates for whom big packs of diamonds are relatively cheap."
The price it costs to buy Diamonds are not exactly cheap by any standards – and since you include "Any other country" it does not really have to do with what country you live in, but the individual players finacial situation. There are people all over the world whom are considered well off and/or rich – Asia, China, South and North America, East and West Europe all included. Players who are willing to spend a considerable amount of Money on the game are essentially financing the game, so that it can reamin a free to play game.

And the game can be played wihtout using money on it...

2.2) "a comfortable financial situation..." I started to play in Guild that used no Diamonds at all – Still managed to be present at the top 10 Guild on the server and one member being in top 10. We tested it and the conlclusion was that people who did not spend money/diamonds on the game were about 3 weeks behind, if they played regulary – that is not much considered how long term the game is.

3) The Historic Card vs The Warplay Strategy card: History had an immense amount of Wars in all ages – so perhaps it is not fair to use the History Card as an excuse not to expect War or Startegy in the game. But I agree to you pointing out "How it is sold" and the Expectations vs How the game is.

4) "an apocalyptic scenario with scarce of goods and the need for bigger buildings to produce small amounts of resources".
Nearly all standard buildings becomes bigger with time - The amount of output does more or less exactly the same. Take the current Event – I have achieved to get the level 7 Mill on two servers in the same day. One city is in Iron Age with only the Oracle and Zeus as GB´s. The other city is fully teched in VF. The war play in Iron age is as challenging as it is in VF. Using the city space and gathering goods proposes different challenges in all Era´s, but essentially the challenges are more or less the same. And why should some parts not become slighty more challenging in higher Era´s?.

To the aspect if it is outrageorus that players can have GBs from far higer Era´s – yes that certainly affects the game and has also been debated a lot.
But it is not somthing that can be done entirely using only Diamonds (it can in principle, but the majority can not at all afford it - someone recently calculated what it would cost to get fully teched only using Diamonds and the number was sky high) – A player still needs to be dedicated and create connections, join a good guild and play well to get these advantages.

The VF future is not exactly Apocalyptic in concept and even if it was – what is wrong with that?. Most Sci-Fi IP´s has narratives evolving around various aspects of apocalyptic scenarios. InnoGames has to a great extend proposed scenarios that includes several sides of future speculations. As for me they could include Aliens and Space Demons whatever – I would still be fine with that – We already have Turtle Atillery and other Non Functional based designs = Fantasy Genre.

And the case were a player does not like that fact that his or her city can be plundered, then there is Elvenar.

DeletedUser109475

If you are a e.g around the 10M points but your hood top consist of players above the 50M up to +100M then the gap must be considered rather big wihtin one single Hood.

My top hoodie has over 28M points. I have just 6.5M. We may seem to be poles apart, my army and DA stats are higher, he can't beat me but I can't overcome his 600% DA. The 20 odd million points difference means nothing when we fight head to head.

What always amuses me is a hoodie who won't aid, sets two day productions and has almost an entire city waiting to be collected every second day. They lose far more due to their playing style than everything else combined. But boy can they devote time to sending out love letters, lots and lots of love letters.

DeletedUser114563

But boy can they devote time to sending out love letters, lots and lots of love letters.
I never get any love letters from the Jimmies I plunder. They plunder me first ( once ) and I continuously plunder them back as long as they appear in my neighbourhood :)
You'd think these okies ( guys ) would start complaining after a while by saying "I only plundered you once why do you keep on plundering me again and again? But they don't, strange isn't it ?" :)

DeletedUser14881

It's always a pain to get quoted paragraph by paragraph, but alright...

1) Among Them, you find players.... Players that played the game for a long time learning the game – Thats why they can do what they do.

Never said anything otherwise. I'm just explaining an statement of the first line in case OP don't know the community

2) "living in USA/Europe/AnyOtherCountryWithReasonableCurrencyExchangingRates for whom big packs of diamonds are relatively cheap."
The price it costs to buy Diamonds are not exactly cheap by any standards – and since you include "Any other country" it does not really have to do with what country you live in, but the individual players finacial situation. There are people all over the world whom are considered well off and/or rich – Asia, China, South and North America, East and West Europe all included. Players who are willing to spend a considerable amount of Money on the game are essentially financing the game, so that it can reamin a free to play game.
I'm terrible at Geography, in all of its aspects, so I restricted myself to the two regions that have the most impacting money exchange rates if compared to my country's. But my point wasn't trying to diminish people around the world, I was just, again, reassessing to OP what really dictates things in a "free to play" game.

And the game can be played wihtout using money on it...
2.2) "a comfortable financial situation..." I started to play in Guild that used no Diamonds at all – Still managed to be present at the top 10 Guild on the server and one member being in top 10. We tested it and the conlclusion was that people who did not spend money/diamonds on the game were about 3 weeks behind, if they played regulary – that is not much considered how long term the game is.
Yes, it can. I play without buying Diamonds, but this 3 weeks playtime-span doesn't reflect exactly why I think money kind of ruined the experience of this game. Many complaints can be brought to the ground because they're covered by free resources. Military units? Alcatraz! FPs? Arc! Goods? Dresden (and many others, just to not repeat Arc), Happiness? Atomium (and many other, just to not repeat Alcatraz)

But, to me, the biggest unbalance here that directly involves the money factor is the RNG of BPs.

Since we can't get BPs of a specific age anymore, we rely on the RNG that continuously delivers a totally un-proportional amount of low-aged BPs -OR- BPs of GBs we haven't built yet. It's like the game doesn't understand we have no interest in them and keep feeding us "thinking" we're still trying to get a full set for it. In the end, we must donate to other players to get what we wantand here "small" players can't get nearly as much FPs as the top dogs, getting smashed in the rankings or sniped by phone users that have a quicker reaction time. But when eventually they do get high enough in the rankings to get BPs, the amount of repeated BPs is ridiculous.

I've sat with SEVEN full sets of The Arc EXCEPT for the last one for months, constantly donating to others' Arcs and trading BPs is of no use as I don't get that one BP I need whatsoever. Sure, sure, RNG 1:9 would be like 0.1 chance of getting what I needed but I'm certain that a little tweak in the RNG algorithm can be made if the developers have interest in doing so. And that's a big IF.

3) The Historic Card vs The Warplay Strategy card: History had an immense amount of Wars in all ages – so perhaps it is not fair to use the History Card as an excuse not to expect War or Startegy in the game. But I agree to you pointing out "How it is sold" and the Expectations vs How the game is.
I was not defending a side in here. I was just argumenting exactly what you understood. Game is sold as one thing and delivered with something else that has a tremendous impact later on.

4) "an apocalyptic scenario with scarce of goods and the need for bigger buildings to produce small amounts of resources".
Nearly all standard buildings becomes bigger with time - The amount of output does more or less exactly the same. Take the current Event – I have achieved to get the level 7 Mill on two servers in the same day. One city is in Iron Age with only the Oracle and Zeus as GB´s. The other city is fully teched in VF. The war play in Iron age is as challenging as it is in VF. Using the city space and gathering goods proposes different challenges in all Era´s, but essentially the challenges are more or less the same. And why should some parts not become slighty more challenging in higher Era´s?.
Again, no problem in here, just explaining the feeling of the wrongness of being plundered, especially, but not limited to, when new Ages turn in.

To the aspect if it is outrageorus that players can have GBs from far higer Era´s – yes that certainly affects the game and has also been debated a lot.
But it is not somthing that can be done entirely using only Diamonds (it can in principle, but the majority can not at all afford it - someone recently calculated what it would cost to get fully teched only using Diamonds and the number was sky high) – A player still needs to be dedicated and create connections, join a good guild and play well to get these advantages.
I play alone, in one world only, so I can't tell if there are players that save free Diamonds to buy-off entire sets of newly released GBs or not and I definitely didn't even consider someone who buys-off the tech tree because I now that would an insane "investment"

But, even if there are players capable of saving 1600 of an endeavour like this, they would be capable of doing this once in a very long while. "Rich players" (as it's a relative term) can do this many, many times with multiple GBs. I've been attacked by players with PvP/GvG GBs close to level 100 with nothing else but SoKs and Terrace Farms in their cities. No effort in thinking through the game at all, just feed Diamonds, buy levels, use their own FPs or their guildmates' and Auto-battle.

The VF future is not exactly Apocalyptic in concept and even if it was – what is wrong with that?. Most Sci-Fi IP´s has narratives evolving around various aspects of apocalyptic scenarios. InnoGames has to a great extend proposed scenarios that includes several sides of future speculations. As for me they could include Aliens and Space Demons whatever – I would still be fine with that – We already have Turtle Atillery and other Non Functional based designs = Fantasy Genre.
I'm also OK with the concept, no problems at all. But you'd agree with me that if compared to the game up to the Colonial Age in which we needed one Building to produce one Good and now, depending on the GBs built, their levels or even the luck we might need even up to three, it's certainly an apocaluptic point-of-view.

DeletedUser99692

16 posts that breached rules removed. This is a forum not a sparring arena please stay on topic, keep your posts meaningful and relevant to the subject. Personal comments and snide remarks have no place here.

Agent327

Overlord
16 posts that breached rules removed. This is a forum not a sparring arena please stay on topic, keep your posts meaningful and relevant to the subject. Personal comments and snide remarks have no place here.

There are still plenty of posts that are not at all relevant to the subject like

I never get any love letters from the Jimmies I plunder. They plunder me first ( once ) and I continuously plunder them back as long as they appear in my neighbourhood :)
You'd think these okies ( guys ) would start complaining after a while by saying "I only plundered you once why do you keep on plundering me again and again? But they don't, strange isn't it ?" :)

yet it is still here.

I know we are not supposed to question the moderation and I have no problem with te rules, but why 16 removed and not this.