• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Feedback] Make PvP Optional

DeletedUser112892

Actually points mean quite a lot. For one thing they indicate how how big your city is, how many battles you have won and the level of the buildings you have in your city. A player with millions of points is so much further advanced in the game than a player with a few thousand.
False. You can be in BA and still have millions of ranking points, which you can farm by GvG or constant donating goods to guild treasury (best with Arc).

DeletedUser112892

GvG is not accessable until the Iron Age
Sorry, mymistake. However, you can still make points in BA by only fighting and putting goods in guild treasury constantly. Later, GvG farming becomes great way of gaining ranking points too.

DeletedUser109475

I never quite understand how a game with barracks, troops and battlefields attracts such a large percentage of pacifists. What part of troops and battlefields would lead anyone to the conclusion the game is about building the biggest funfair or matching coloured bubbles?

A successful PvP attack and plunder isn't nearly well enough rewarded. PvP favours the defender far more than the attacker, a successful attack doesn't guarantee an opportunity to plunder, even if the opportunity is there then the spoils of war are tiny compared to the amounts even casual players will have accumulated.

Agent327

Overlord
I never quite understand how a game with barracks, troops and battlefields attracts such a large percentage of pacifists. What part of troops and battlefields would lead anyone to the conclusion the game is about building the biggest funfair or matching coloured bubbles?.

It's all the pretty buildings they can not resist.

DeletedUser109475

It's all the pretty buildings they can not resist.
There's no other explanation,

I say bring on the chance to plunder 10% of one inventory goods, supplies, coins or medals. That would liven up what's becoming a game which gets duller by the day. Once at Middle Ages it's as if Inno actively discourage conflict by making the rewards so small.

DeletedUser109475

Quintense plundered a palace! How? (why I ask is because Quintense a guildy just started in the game and is in iron age on C)
PvP is open to Iron Age. The palace has finished a production run and the owner hasn't bothered to collect.

vikingraider

Emperor
The player had a Town Hall in the Iron Age and used Iron Age troops, but his city was very large and s/he had a large number of buildigs that were from Ages far in advance of the Iron Age. This obviously created a huge imbalance between what s/he was capable of utilising and what I could manage to put into the field.

This seems to have all the hallmarks of a Viking raid.....

DeletedUser

PvP is open to Iron Age. The palace has finished a production run and the owner hasn't bothered to collect.

Oke I get that part but Quintense well how long I don’t know is pretty brand new on C and has more ranking than that person.
Those palaces are from last summer.
And the daily’s hmm it could be.

Galladhorn

Monarch
This issue has been brought up many times. The main issue is not PvP but mainly highly uneven neighborhoods - Which often lead to another debate and why the Hoods are so uneven at times.

As such I can very well understand new players thinking WTF! – How can I even do anything about this?.

Fact is that you can not as it is right now. Plundering have been part of the play since about day one and some players are simply running their cities more or less by attacking their hoods and collect their goods by plundering. Many players think that FoE is mainly a city builder game – because that is also how it is advertised, only to be very surprised when being plundered and not having any real chance to do anyhting about it. I and other have listed all the things that can be done to avoid plundering but factual for a new player there are not any hard counters.

Secondary many other games that has a city developement involved are far harder to what can be lost than the plundering in FoE. I think it is always important to recall that this free game and parts of this is making incentives to use some money on the game to progress faster.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111359

It's just not that big a deal. And certainly not nearly as bad as the OP makes it sound. You don't get your city set back for several days, after being plundered once. You just don't. So why are we even debating something that was clearly just hysterics from the outset?

Agent327

Overlord
Oke I get that part but Quintense well how long I don’t know is pretty brand new on C and has more ranking than that person.
Those palaces are from last summer.
And the daily’s hmm it could be.

Probably that player played at that time and has stopped at the moment. Once she plunders the palace it will start to produce again, so she has found a nice source.

DeletedUser

Probably that player played at that time and has stopped at the moment. Once she plunders the palace it will start to produce again, so she has found a nice source.

Oh yeah she loves you badly now I think!

Galladhorn

Monarch
I never quite understand how a game with barracks, troops and battlefields attracts such a large percentage of pacifists. What part of troops and battlefields would lead anyone to the conclusion the game is about building the biggest funfair or matching coloured bubbles?

Because that is how FoE is advertised most of time – As a fun City Builder. At least all the Advertisement I have seen in public in two Countries does not show any form of battle, mention battle or strategy at all.

I recently have wittnessed new players coming to the game when I made a secondary City about a month ago – people happily starts to build, some proudly see they are doing well and come ahead of others – then all of a sudden it stops. Challenges ahead – Do this, Conquer this, Win so and so many battles etc. etc. Some stop at the very moment where they can not continue to build more stuff. Others continue a bit longer only to realize that this game is not nearly as fast forward easy accesible as they might have imagined.

With an average of between 25-30K inactive players on most servers it is quite obvious that new people have different expectations to the game than what the game offers. This is no critique of the Game but just an observation about expectations. For Inno´s part I think the numbers are still a positive asset in the sence that they can attract new players and perhaps instead offer them another Game option. As anybody in e-businees knows – the email lists are the spine of the whole thing. But on the bad side these new and fast drop in and out visitors will not generate any immidiate revenue and dead accounts just pile up.

Last edited: