• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content [Feedback] Guild Expedition Changes

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Well looks like some positive changes, good to see L4 being made a bit more difficult. Might have to manually Fight my way through it now. Shame I sold a lot of these Buildings already.. who would have known :)

suethegreat

Captain
As a newbie since April i was attracted to the 'build your own city' promotion with no mention of amassing troops and fighting to progress or constant nags to join a guild and be dictated to. GE was a fun and challenging aspect of the game within a players control. GE4 was an aspiration and eventually doable and as mainly a negotiator hey you win diamonds but when you add up the extra attempt 10 diamonds you end up spending more than winning and the final 'prize' is/was derisory or too large to rez (this also using the tavern boost). I would reach the end lick my wounds and sigh as i surveyed my depleted goods however now there will be no need as I will have no incentive to even bother. This is a fighting game for those who get off on league tables and should be marketed as such. At least a harder GE for farmers will make the game cheaper as skipped with no more wasted medals, goods and diamonds on combinations where you have no proof you have picked the wrong option and could keep you going until the metrics think you have spent enough. Agreed BP wins are a disappointment as a huge building with often rewards less than an event building. This is a game of 3 halves :) give the veterans their own challenge, a GE level tricky but not bankrupting and throw a crust to farmers who cant/wont fight fill their city with trees then give up :) A GB shrink kit...now that's worth fighting for.

DeletedUser114201

The whole game needs re appraising and made fairer one of the biggest problems in gbg is the attrition for small guilds who do not have extensive resources you promote them much easier than you demote them maybe the fight and negotiation levels need be tweaked in relation to guild level not just a blanket to hold everything on one module , time to get it right or the many will leave the few to get on with it be aware inno treat your clientele right or you will see hoardes leave you For a fairer game

Mandelynn

Corporal
That would be me ^. I'm a single member in my own guild trying to up it's levels by completing GE4 and some gbg but gbg is very costly after 15-20 battles and competing against high level guild members of more then 20 in their guilds.
GE at least I can do or used to be able to do.
My guild may not be worth hanging onto at this point and I had so much invested but I don't want it to take 4 years getting to lv 30.

What is the use of feedback threads? Community clearly states it's opinion on every new addition, game designers don't care about it and do their own thing regardless. So why do you even open feedback threads when every single feedback for at least half a year of longer gets completely ignored?

Has this became a place where players can just vent out so after it's easier for them to accept this new great features?

rjs66

Lieutenant
they get paid in diamonds which only have any value in the game, they have no real life value
please do contact the relevant tax authorities, bet their response would be along the lines of "oh do [expletive] off" :)

That would be me ^. I'm a single member in my own guild trying to up it's levels by completing GE4 and some gbg but gbg is very costly after 15-20 battles and competing against high level guild members of more then 20 in their guilds.
GE at least I can do or used to be able to do.
My guild may not be worth hanging onto at this point and I had so much invested but I don't want it to take 4 years getting to lv 30.

There is nothing wrong with Doing a One-Man guild - I do mine as such - but it's unrealistic to think that beginners can achieve such stature or those that have not thought out the metrics of doing so.

1) Beginners Must join a guild to Learn & Grow - it is as simple as that.
2) Don't disappoint or discourage yourself by thinking it is something you can do on your own as a new comer to the game.
3) Be patient - this is a long-term game - not a game that can be Won - regardless of what that subjective term means to you - in a short period of time - and if you try to Buy your way (This is not even necessary - patience) - You will disappoint yourself.

This is an extremely challenging game - approach it as such.

DeletedUser112206

High level guilds want players capable of finishing level 4. This will make recruitment much more difficult and for new players more challenging to find good guilds which will accept them.

Exactly the opposite of what I've expected when I've heard the change is coming. Most guilds focus on GBG now and GE is something that players just want to get over with as soon as possible since there's enough time invested in GBG and settlements and overly complex events.

New rewards are unworthy of the effort except TF upgrade, and you should have increased the diamond output to make noobs interested in GE, it was hard enough to motivate them even by now.

Argument is that GE was not challenging enough for players with high boosts so you made it overly difficult for those who are just starting out, not even considering that game is much harder as well and those who actually have high boosts didn't get them over night but earned them the hard way over years of building up.

Not sure who makes decisions such as this, but I would say someone who does not have much experience in this game. Sorry but this is not good.
May I add to this great analysis of the future of GE/Game
New players most likely leave the game earlier than before, others will have to drop one by one their cities in other worlds and for sure nobody can afford to add a new city to their already existing one(s). The game has become very busy, if not to say too busy. And by the way the ranking system is now outdated with GBG added. That has to be revised- if i can find the thread for it I will add it there :-)

suethegreat

Captain
There is nothing wrong with Doing a One-Man guild - I do mine as such - but it's unrealistic to think that beginners can achieve such stature or those that have not thought out the metrics of doing so

This is an extremely challenging game - approach it as such.

Exactly... which is the appeal in completing the challenging quests and keeping the brain cells polished. It is not about creating an appealing city but about cramming in what you can and if only using dirt tracks throughout the ages who cares other than guilt trips from other nosy players. Make the one area that single player guilds could do and enjoy much harder then the game may lose players. Unlike some other games there is no way to extract game rewards back into the real world so increase the diamond use , increase the events where 'just one more step to success..but i need the diamonds i swore i would not use...' strategy and players will quickly fall away.

DeletedUser112206

As a newbie since April i was attracted to the 'build your own city' promotion with no mention of amassing troops and fighting to progress or constant nags to join a guild and be dictated to. GE was a fun and challenging aspect of the game within a players control. GE4 was an aspiration and eventually doable and as mainly a negotiator hey you win diamonds but when you add up the extra attempt 10 diamonds you end up spending more than winning and the final 'prize' is/was derisory or too large to rez (this also using the tavern boost). I would reach the end lick my wounds and sigh as i surveyed my depleted goods however now there will be no need as I will have no incentive to even bother. This is a fighting game for those who get off on league tables and should be marketed as such. At least a harder GE for farmers will make the game cheaper as skipped with no more wasted medals, goods and diamonds on combinations where you have no proof you have picked the wrong option and could keep you going until the metrics think you have spent enough. Agreed BP wins are a disappointment as a huge building with often rewards less than an event building. This is a game of 3 halves :) give the veterans their own challenge, a GE level tricky but not bankrupting and throw a crust to farmers who cant/wont fight fill their city with trees then give up :) A GB shrink kit...now that's worth fighting for.
It's long overdue for INNO to promote this game as a WAR GAME, as that's what it is- also a game of patience and very challenging....and to think you can catch up in a hurry with players that have been building and fighting and farming for as long as this game is in existence, you are kidding yourself.....

cyllan

Corporal
You can read all the details regarding the Guild Expedition changes here.

We're looking forward to your feedback below.

no-one uses any of the reward buildings except the terrace farm...... i dont use any, except maybe TF lv 2, i worked very hards on my attack GBs, to make sure GE wasnt a chore......., for lower attack players it seems this is made for diamonds in mind, to me personally most of it is recycling food

cyllan

Corporal
High level guilds want players capable of finishing level 4. This will make recruitment much more difficult and for new players more challenging to find good guilds which will accept them.

Exactly the opposite of what I've expected when I've heard the change is coming. Most guilds focus on GBG now and GE is something that players just want to get over with as soon as possible since there's enough time invested in GBG and settlements and overly complex events.

New rewards are unworthy of the effort except TF upgrade, and you should have increased the diamond output to make noobs interested in GE, it was hard enough to motivate them even by now.

Argument is that GE was not challenging enough for players with high boosts so you made it overly difficult for those who are just starting out, not even considering that game is much harder as well and those who actually have high boosts didn't get them over night but earned them the hard way over years of building up.

Not sure who makes decisions such as this, but I would say someone who does not have much experience in this game. Sorry but this is not good.

1-parasites
2-minnows
3-dolphins
4-whales

Those are industry denominations to free2play players depending in their spending habits......
It is part of the lingo , so dont blame me

cyllan

Corporal
Well looks like some positive changes, good to see L4 being made a bit more difficult. Might have to manually Fight my way through it now. Shame I sold a lot of these Buildings already.. who would have known :)

more grinding for no real reward.......that´s what gaming is about in 2020!!!!!!!!.....shark cards anyone?????;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser106079

So inno is PROUD to present Ge Updates....So the people who have Toiled away Spending 10's of Thousands of Forge points on Upgrading Attacking Great Buildings to be Able To fight their way through Level 4 Ge are Going to get Stiffed with Harder enemies and INNO,s new favourite Negotiations ( diamond Grabs in other words)not to Mention small and Young Guilds trying to get there Players Active in Level 4 Ge have no Hope Now...Fantastic....oh but wait the New updated prizes 2*2 Happiness Buildings (because all players doing level 4 Ge regular need Them) are upgraded with an attack percentage or defence percentage...so a WORTHLESS building (90% of players ONLY use in event Quests to Gain Happiness then delete it)is still upgraded to Another Worthless Building...fountain of youth and tribal Square Used By 80% of players who create another city on another World as a Diamond Mine..pretty much Useless...Maybe terrace farms might be Okay wait and see....So they are proud of that SHAME ON YOU....if you want to make a so called Challenge for players do a level 5 GE thats Independent of the 4 levels that Guild does versures guild......this system will only be Good for Super guilds who do everything regardless, new and small guilds will struggle as now it will be an Uphill battle to get people to participate in Level 4 Ge...with such CRAP prizes on offer for a lot more Effort..

Last edited by a moderator:

syjytg

Master Corporal
Are the negotiations more difficult? Is it still maximum 13 goods?

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Gate of the sun god upgrade is a good prize, the extra 4% added to the attacking army defences will make things a little easier for some players In the Expedition and GbG.