• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Feedback for Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

PomPoms

Sergeant
You mean for you or for the guild?

if it's for you; I'm struggling to think of a way it would be useful, as there is barely any need to produce goods from more than 1 era prior to yourself, or at max 3 back if you're not jet in the post oceanic era

if for the guild; I can see it be useful to cover for guild mates who don't have the arc jet, and no one who has the arc is in the same era as they

I assumed he meant for Guild goods, not much point if they were personal as you say.

.Art.

Private
You mean for you or for the guild?

if it's for you; I'm struggling to think of a way it would be useful, as there is barely any need to produce goods from more than 1 era prior to yourself, or at max 3 back if you're not jet in the post oceanic era

if for the guild; I can see it be useful to cover for guild mates who don't have the arc jet, and no one who has the arc is in the same era as they

For the guild. One application if to cover for lower era players who don't have Arc yet - larger guilds often won't take beginners because of the treasury impact on gbg when some low era goods are required for SCs. The other application is for gvg guilds, to support eras where there is a lot of fighting.

Black97

Private
For the guild. One application if to cover for lower era players who don't have Arc yet - larger guilds often won't take beginners because of the treasury impact on gbg when some low era goods are required for SCs. The other application is for gvg guilds, to support eras where there is a lot of fighting.

Honestly, I would like that. Maybe in next era.

It would become like the second Arc, depending on what the secondary effect would be,
or
it would be a GB that compliments the Arc, and makes it so lower era players don't have to make the Arc in as early as the Iron age (if that's even possible)

Knight of ICE

People let's stay on topic. This is a feedback thread for the new era. Not a discussion on what new GB you would like to see. If you want to discuss that, start a new thread on it.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Not that there is time to do anything about it, but why release on a Monday? 1 day before GE starts and 3 days before a GBG starts, so almost all guild leaders have to go warn their players to either wait or make a plan for what to do with people who age up right away and whack their guild with new age goods costs right before new seasons start. OR maybe this is yet another try to put people in a situation where they have to buy their way out with diamonds, if they are dumb enough to fall for it.

We didn't have this problem with Mars, SAAB, or Venus because the release schedule was well-timed with in-game cycles.
  • Mars was released on a Tuesday after a new GE, and GBG didn't exist yet.
  • SAAB was released on a Thursday in the middle of a GBG season, everyone had 5-7 days to get ready for next seasons.
  • Venus was released on a Thursday after a new battleground so we didn't have this issue
Was that all dumb luck? I don't think so. Why's it different this time? I even went back and checked when VF was released and it was a Wednesday, again the day after a GE started, and reasonably timed with in-game schedules.

Someone used to care about this and make a reasonable plan for the ONE TIME per year that a new age is dropped, so as to make it coincide within the game schedule that is already established. Jupiter could have been released last Thursday or held until this Thursday, but nooooo, lets create work for guild leaders and drama kicking people out who can't wait 3 days by dropping it in on a Monday. It is this kind of evidence that fuels the comments that none of the developers play the game, or have stopped caring how much they piss off the player base.

Zuologist

Private
Hello. I'm new here but have played in the en server for years.

I don't think the problem within space ages is that it is essentially copy and paste. Rather, I feel the problem to be that the roll of the space colonies are too limited.

Producing goods is all they do. More over the maximum number of production per day is strictly capped by how much special goods we can gain through the campaign map. There is no real choice, threre is no real strategy, there is no real struggle.

If you could build a building needing really big population in the colony but give troop bonus according to the health level of the colony... If we had some special military buildings only available on the colony (thus produces units not available through traz)... or any other fancy mechanics involving the colony, I would never find it disappointing that space ages are essentially copy and paste. I want anything, other than just producing goods.

For me the whole “Keen Eye” thing is getting old now.. where does it go from here?.. in a few ages time we’ll have over 50% chance of keen eye activating and it will become even more of a game of chance when battling..
In earlier eras it was a skill game and thought had to be used to figure how to beat an army and use terrain etc.. now it’s just click auto & hope there is no skill to it..
GB relevance has been an issue for a few Eras too, anyone who is in the latest era would have the special goods needed so what this new GB is for is beyond me..?
I’ll probably build it nevertheless just for guild goods..

Madmire

Private
Hate to point out the elephant in the room, but 'great visuals' is kind of pointless when we never build any of those structures in the first place. Years of Monty Haul special event buildings, overly powerful GB's and the absurdity that is GbG have made coin/supply/goods production buildings pointless. So on Jupiter Moon we build a bunch of tier 1 colony dwellings to generate coin for exploration site ... explorations. Maybe a handful of tier 2 dwellings to satisfy a quest. Ok, that's it for Jupiter moon colony work, done. Then back on earth we got the new Hero6 town hall, 1 Jupiter moon military building that will usually never get out of the mud... and done. So what was that, 3 pieces of that great visual artwork? I admire Inno artists' fortitude in doing all this great artwork for the other pieces knowing that it'll never actually be seen by the players.

I realize that players don't HAVE to play this way, but it certainly seems the most common method of play for players that make it to these end ages that I've seen.

Maybe next year Inno can come up with a mechanism that makes building a real make-believe space colony somehow worthwhile.

Last edited:
May have missed the detail elsewhere but when will they be available/how do you get the SAJM diamond expansions? I'm at FE but am sure I have bought all the diamond expansions to SAV. Cheers

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
May have missed the detail elsewhere but when will they be available/how do you get the SAJM diamond expansions? I'm at FE but am sure I have bought all the diamond expansions to SAV. Cheers
You are sure wrong, as you only receive access to the diamond expansion once you have opened the particular age - so right now, you may have bought all the diamond expansions to FE, but that is all.
On the other hand, there are the victory expansions (purchased with medals), and only 1 Victory Expansion is released with each new Age - so you may have that one, if you have not used it already.

Hmmm, I will need some help with my Maths then. I have 2,432 squares which equates to 152 expansions. How many do we start with?
Medals = 33 (according to Wiki)
Tech Tree to FE = 40
Campaign = 31 (I am on the OF map)
Premium to FE = 26
Total = 130 (meaning we start with 22 expansions)

Is this correct or have I got it all wrong (which wouldn't surprise me). Cheers

Havik79

Corporal
So when can we expect a FI update for this age, because I started SAJM right after the current GBG started, and yesterday started a new Aztec, and my mysterious shards are still giving out SAV goods, if HC and SC rewards give up SAJM then why not mysterious shards.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Many shards give previous era goods. You can check this by hovering over/tapping on the reward info screen when you collect it :)

Forwandert

Major-General
This tech is missing its planet icon which I've always taken to show if the expansions are for the colony or the main city.

Screenshot_20220516-175701_Forge of Empires.jpg

Feedback for the era now I've nearly completed the techs. No changes really to last year. The troops really don't make too much difference to me even if they had been adjusted heavily as my attack boost covers most situations. They seem to be in a better order in army management though selecting all ages brings grenadiers up right away.

The graphics for the colony (only major difference between the eras yet still only graphics) in comparison to all the space age eras so far are very basic and unimpressive it's almost like they went basic and thought they could cover it up with that pulsing effect which I'm guessing it supposed to be some kinda flowing water but it doesn't do that effect at all. Not sure why the effect is overlaid to the point of even working over when your building a building on there but either way it's poor and wasn't worth any wait, 12 months to knock a few graphics together and think of some new words for techs and goods isn't innovative at all.

Colony seems to break if you disconnect the main building from the roads and you need to close down the app on android and restart and that annoying overlaying roads on the main city which crashes everything if you overlay more than 15 or so sections is still here from about 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
This tech is missing its planet icon which I've always taken to show if the expansions are for the colony or the main city.

View attachment 24305

Feedback for the era now I've nearly completed the techs. No changes really to last year. The troops really don't make too much difference to me even if they had been adjusted heavily as my attack boost covers most situations. They seem to be in a better order in army management though selecting all ages brings grenadiers up right away.

The graphics for the colony (only major difference between the eras yet still only graphics) in comparison to all the space age eras so far are very basic and unimpressive it's almost like they went basic and thought they could cover it up with that pulsing effect which I'm guessing it supposed to be some kinda flowing water but it doesn't do that effect at all. Not sure why the effect is overlaid to the point of even working over when your building a building on there but either way it's poor and wasn't worth any wait, 12 months to knock a few graphics together and think of some new words for techs and goods isn't innovative at all.

Colony seems to break if you disconnect the main building from the roads and you need to close down the app on android and restart and that annoying overlaying roads on the main city which crashes everything if you overlay more than 15 or so sections is still here from about 3 years ago.

Thank you for your feedback!

And thanks to everyone else also who took the time to provide feedback. We do greatly appreciate it :)