• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Feature to repeat recurring quests

Add a feature to allow users to repeat a specific recurring quest

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117610

Proposal:

Add a feature to allow users to repeat a specific recurring quest

Reason:

Many players, especially those with Chateau repeat the same recurring quests constantly. The process to collect such a question on completion and abort all the other quests to get back to the same quest is an unnecessary waste of time and effort. The fact that there is a delay as each quest loads makes this really tedious.

Details:

The quest dialog has buttons OK and ABORT. The suggestion is to add a "REPEAT" button to the left of these 2 buttons. The way it would work is that you could click REPEAT which would initially act the same as clicking OK. When the quest was complete, the system would collect the reward and start the same quest again. So for instance, with R'lyeh you could pay 100fp at a time and complete the quest multiple times without needing to do anything in the quest screens. Similarly for Fnord and other quests.

As a note for R'lyeh particularly it would be really lovely if you could pay 2000fp and have it pop 20 quests, but it would be acceptable and still a huge improvement to be able to pay 100fp at a time and repeat this 20 times.

Visual Aids:

Balance:

Not required

Abuse Prevention:

Consideration whether UBQ should be excluded from having the repeat option to exacerbate the “problem” with Château Frontenac and perpetual motion

Summary:

Especially with the recent addition of battlegrounds, players are finding there is just too much tedious clicking in the game. Inno need to seriously consider usability improvements such as this to reduce the tedium of mindless clicking. It can take 10m to place fp down on a GB in large amounts just because of the time it takes to reset the quest - please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

recurring quests need a +5% cost each time they are reapeted , unless they want it unballanced like it is now

As for the idea its not bad, saving time is always good and makes everything simple.
Im curius what Inno has to say on that

DeletedUser

DeletedUser117610

If an idea hasn't moved in 3 years then perhaps it is time to put it forward again. Perhaps instead of being all-too-smug you'd agree that these kinds of improvements are necessary and try to put some pressure or at least support for good ideas in the hope that we all get a better game experience. And if you bothered to notice, the implementation I've suggested is different than the years-old post you referenced. Do you want improvement to the game or do you want to impress yourself with your own cleverness?

Dead-Eye

General
If an idea hasn't moved in 3 years then perhaps it is time to put it forward again. Perhaps instead of being all-too-smug you'd agree that these kinds of improvements are necessary and try to put some pressure or at least support for good ideas in the hope that we all get a better game experience. And if you bothered to notice, the implementation I've suggested is different than the years-old post you referenced. Do you want improvement to the game or do you want to impress yourself with your own cleverness?

Yawn.

DeletedUser117610

@Richard of shaw 969 posts, 0 helped, 0 ideas contributed. Why are you here?

Facts:
1. The idea presented here is not the same as the older post
2. No dev team on the planet is going to search through years old ideas looking for things to work on
3. I've presented several (properly formatted) ideas that could all be implemented quickly and improve player experience
4. Players are leaving the game because battlegrounds on top of everything has made them realise that much of the time spent 'playing the game' is actually spent doing mindless clicking because of poor UI. I wonder how significant this problem is but suspect Inno have noticed it, and if they have then this is a good time to push ideas that could improve that experience because there is a chance they are looking for such

If an idea is good, upvote it and push for improvement. If people are more pre-occupied by writing snarky posts then you just drive the people who are trying to contribute out of the forums, good ideas aren't presented, and nothing ever improves. Maybe think for a moment before you troll some more?

Respectfully

Dead-Eye

General
@Richard of shaw 969 posts, 0 helped, 0 ideas contributed. Why are you here?

Facts:
1. The idea presented here is not the same as the older post
2. No dev team on the planet is going to search through years old ideas looking for things to work on
3. I've presented several (properly formatted) ideas that could all be implemented quickly and improve player experience
4. Players are leaving the game because battlegrounds on top of everything has made them realise that much of the time spent 'playing the game' is actually spent doing mindless clicking because of poor UI. I wonder how significant this problem is but suspect Inno have noticed it, and if they have then this is a good time to push ideas that could improve that experience because there is a chance they are looking for such

If an idea is good, upvote it and push for improvement. If people are more pre-occupied by writing snarky posts then you just drive the people who are trying to contribute out of the forums, good ideas aren't presented, and nothing ever improves. Maybe think for a moment before you troll some more?

Respectfully

I think you need to get out more.

Emberguard

Legend
The quest dialog has buttons OK and ABORT. The suggestion is to add a "REPEAT" button to the left of these 2 buttons.
Without the CF in play I’d be fully on board with this idea.
With the CF I’d find it broken without some checks and balances in place due to already being too powerful under the current system.

recurring quests need a +5% cost each time they are reapeted , unless they want it unballanced like it is now
that would solve the problem. Perhaps even make it like attrition resetting once every X hrs / at a set time

Emberguard

Legend
If an idea hasn't moved in 3 years then perhaps it is time to put it forward again.
pretty sure it’s come up more recently then the last 3 years in this forum though I could be mistaken

Would you be ok with adding r21r’s idea to your proposal? Or adding something for abuse prevention? As purely a repeat button it is essentially the exact same proposal that’s been passed on before. Fleshing it out further would differentiate it

DeletedUser117610

Hi and thank you for the thoughtful responses. I’m certainly open to suggestions to improve the concept. My concern about the attrition idea is that it rebalances quests and would seem to be much less likely to be approved compared to what would otherwise be a convenience feature that would really just involve adding a button and a very little bit of server code.

Your concerns are valid though and I’d like to address them on some way.

Do you think the problem with Chateau relates exclusively to unbirthday? If that were the case then the solution should be to fix that quest? But that would cause an uproar and may be difficult to pass also. So how about something simpler; in the “avoid abuse” section I could add a comment to exclude that quest from being repeated?

Ezelprime

Private
It`s obviously a good idea, shouldn`t be argued at all. It`s just common sense which would make the game faster,better and less boring.....

Agent327

Overlord
I would like a feature that bans recurring ideas!!!

Especially with the recent addition of battlegrounds, players are finding there is just too much tedious clicking in the game. Inno need to seriously consider usability improvements such as this to reduce the tedium of mindless clicking. It can take 10m to place fp down on a GB in large amounts just because of the time it takes to reset the quest - please help!

You do know you do not have to do those quests??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyhow like your other great ideas allready forwarded

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ect-repeat-option-for-recurring-quests.34494/

DeletedUser117610

It’s not the same idea. My proposal would have reward collected automatically, you wouldn’t click a button every time. You could sit on a GB screen and deposit fp in multiples of the R’lyeh quest and it would collect the reward and start the quest again without leaving the screen.

DeletedUser117610

Sorry Ember I phrased that poorly and didn’t mean to offend. You must have your reasons. I’ll try stick to the substantive content and ignore the jerks.

Getting back to the topic, do you think a abuse prevention feature of not having the repeat apply for unbirthday would be sufficient?

"Balance:

Not required

Abuse Prevention:

Not required"

Are you serious?? Ever heard of Chateau Frontenac? And nearly unlimited amounts of goods it would produce? Having level 72 CF in Iron Age for example gives you ability to do as many UBQs as you want, only real limit is the time required to click trough RQs and time needed to cycle is actually a balance and now you want to remove that balance? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.